• Published 21st May 2014
  • 2,558 Views, 63 Comments

Lyra Heartstrings Guide to Human Culture and Biology - Serperior2



Lyra writes a non-fiction about her favorite mythical creature, but facts can be hard to come by. Just how much did she "fill in the gaps?"

  • ...
6
 63
 2,558

Introduction: What is a human?

Bonbon cracked open the book and flipped to the first page. "Introduction: What is a Human? Ugh, why couldn't she think of something more original for her title? Honestly, that's how you sell books, make the title interesting! There's no way anypony would buy this, Lyra should have tried to write it in a way that would get her more cash. Sighing, she got comfortable and began to read this monstrosity.

Humans are obscure mythical creatures that have been extinct since before the time of the princesses. You may be wondering what significance they have to the modern world, well they are believed to have designed many of the tools used today, such as handles, door knobs, books, and many more such items commonly used today. Humans have left their mark on our culture in many ways too. Our equestrian language is derived from an ancient human dialect known as "Gansta", which originated in a country long ago known as "France" (HillBilly). Many modern day sayings like "on the other hand," "hand-me-down", "a helping hand" , and many other phrases came from them. Some other words like "tank" come from the Gansta language (HillBilly). Tanks were once a popular form of everyday transportation for humans, they were very durable and hard to stop once they got going, thus the term "like a tank."

Humans closest known relative is the Gorilla. They both have thumbs and four limbs with no tail. The gorilla seems to have come from a different evolutionary track than the human. There are some other major difference in their phylogeny such as their number of stomachs and the absence of livers, as humans have three small stomachs, and no liver (Biochem).

There have been reports in the modern day of human sightings, though none have offered any sort of solid proof. Compiled reports have pieced together it's appearance and describe it as being extremely tall, about eight feet, walking on two legs, having little or no hair on the body with a small patch on top, gills, no nose, no and four limbs. Each limb ending with paw like structures similar to that of a diamond dog, with six small endings meant for gripping on the upper body limbs commonly referred to as "arms" and four on the lower body ending referred to as "feet." The gripping structures on the arms are called "fingers" by the modern day species that possess them. On present day creatures they have names for each finger on the hand. Their skin is a tannish-pink color and changes color to have more pink in the sun with a similar process to that of a chameleon. They emote similarly to ponies except that frowning and smiling is reversed so that frowning shows happiness and smiling shows displeasure (Hillbilly).

The human is a peculiar creature that has been a major mystery to those that have studied them. Signs of the ancient reign of the human can be found almost anywhere in everyday life. Hopefully you will be enlightened with new knowledge of Equus's wonderful ex-dominant species: the human.

"Seriously Lyra?" Bonbon had just finished reading the first chapter, and most of this sounded even crazier than she thought. I mean come on, there's absolutely no way humans had no tail, everything intelligent had a tail! Finally she decided to go ahead and keep reading. This was turning out to be more interesting than she had anticipated, but not by much.

Author's Note:

Comment for any sort of bogus facts should be added in later chapters. I have only fully decided to have a chapter on mythological history, and details of sightings