• Published 22nd May 2014
  • 1,501 Views, 9 Comments

Twilight's Journal: Nightlight - Twi-Fi



Twilight comes to terms with a painful time in her life.

  • ...
1
 9
 1,501

Author's Notes.

A couple of Notes about this story's setting.

It's set in a world where Equestria exists with all the other countries of the world. No humans, just ponies.

It's set in the region of Campania, southern Italy. All the places mentioned are real.

Via Toledo is a real street in Naples.

The bay described is the bay of Naples. The massive volcano is Mount Vesuvius. The ruins of Pompeii aren't too far away, although they can't be seen from Naples.

The peninsula described is the peninsula of the Amalfi Coast. The two towns mentioned to be clinging to the cliffs are: Vico Equense and Sorrento.

Caserta is a real town just north of Naples and it has an impressive palace with a long history. It can also be seen in Star War Episode One as Queen Amidala's palace.
This is the Palace. The gardens stretch on forever behind.

This is the entrance where Twilight sees Cadance.

About the shady ponies selling stolen saddle bags. It's pretty common to see in Naples and just about anywhere else in Italy people on the side of the street selling Prada, Gucci and all the other top end fashion bags and wallets.

The Camorra is the Mafia of southern Italy. Sicily doesn't count, they had/have a different one.
And yes, Naples has a trash problem very unfortunately. The description is if anything slightly downplaying it.

Why is the story set here? Mi Amore Cadenza is Italian for I love Cadance. So I thought it wound't be too much of a stretch that she is of Italian origins. Also I just wanted to ponify Italy.

Comments ( 6 )

I love that you used real world relations.
If you have read the TwiDash fic "dreams and disasters" witch takes several real world references and ponify them it is very entertaining.
I love it when people do that.
As i said in the last comment good job sir good job indeed.
If i wear to give a rating it would be a 9.5/10 just cus i don't understand the Italian language and it put me off a little bit.
~Tobben

4430175 Ah okay. Yeah my Italian is pretty bad. I've lived here for a year and I haven't picked up as much as I would have liked. As for "prego" Here in Naples, it's used many times as "Please" as in "How can I help you?" I don't hear that in other parts north of Rome but south of Rome they get really informal with the language. Or they speak Neapolitan and instead of va bene, they say va buono/va buon/va buah or Non lo so is just buh. :rainbowlaugh:
Thank you for the corrections. I will make the changes. :twilightsmile:

Why is this in the ponies in the real world group? There is no human tag.

4431473 I put it in the Equestria on Earth section. Because I wrote it as Equestria is just another place in the world. But I may have misinterpreted that. :facehoof:

4431785 Ah, thanks for clearing that up.

The feels:pinkiesad2: this story is amazing!!!

Login or register to comment