• Published 7th May 2014
  • 396 Views, 7 Comments

Octavia and Vinyl Fanfiction - isaiahbob



Vinyl has a terrible secret! And then Octavia has a terrible secret! (Read for answers)

  • ...
7
 7
 396

22

“Come in!” yelled Vinyl.
Octavia opened the door.
“Hey Vinyl.”
“Hi Octavia.” She continued to look at her laptop.
Octavia sat on the bed.
A moment passed.
“What's up?” Vinyl asked.
Silence.
Octavia looked at her hooves.
“Uh. Uh,” She stuttered.
“Did you kill somepony?” Vinyl joked.
Octavia smiled weakly. That was a long time ago.
“Haha no! I remember that.” she said.
Another silence. Octavia broke it.
“Soooooo... I take it you have a plan for when school ends.”
“I'm going to Las Pegasus.”
“Djing?”
“Yeah. What's the deal?”
Octavia sighed. “Nothing,” she said.
She shook her head. “I'm sorry, I shouldn't have come.”
“I mean...” Vinyl grew nervous, “Ok.” Why was her friend acting so strangely? Had she done something? O god she did something. She's offended Octavia.
“Wait.” Why did Vinyl say that?
Octavia stopped.
“What are YOU doing after collage?” Vinyl asked.
A moment. And then another.
Octavia sat down in the dorway.
She started crying.
Vinyl panicked. Fuck! What did I do?!
“I am...” Vinyl started. “sorry if I said something to hurt your feelings.” She was aprehensive.
Octavia cried.
Vinyl tapped her hooves together. Great. Now she'd done it. Fuck!
Vinyl began: “It's just sometimes I don't always think about what I'm saying... before I say it. Does that make sense?”
“It's not you Vinyl,” Octavia let her know.
“Oh.” she replied. It isn't?
Octavia continued. “I was going to move in with Javier.”
Vinyl noticed the word choice. Damn was she perceptive. “Going to?” she asked.
Octavia nodded, “Mhm.”
Vinyl thought. “Did you break up?”
Octavia was tearing again. “Mhm.”
Vinyl didn't know what to do. Comfort her friend? Yes, that was it. She could try.
“Um. It's OK.” Bam! Handled that one like a pro.
Octavia chuckled. It was the thought that counted.
“Thanks for trying to cheer me up,” she said.
Vinyl sighed, “You know you can come live with me right Octvia?”
Octavia looked up, “Really?”
Vinyl thought a moment. “Yes.”
“Oh Vinyl!” Octavia shouted. “You're best pony!”
Octavia wrapped Vinyl in a non-consensual hug. Octavia's tears turned to those of joy.
“Ok,” said Vinyl.
“THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!”
“Octavia, calm down.”
“THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!”
“Oct-”
“I was just thinking,” continued Octavia. “'Oh man. She's got a fancy DJ Job! I can't come in and intrude on that!'”

In truth Vinyl was releived. She'd get to live with Octavia. Wait, was that going to be awful? Nevermind. Regardless, she expected the tale of 'the lonely DJ' and instead could look towards the 'best friends take Las Pegasus adventure'.
“You wouldn't be intruding.” Vinyl said. It was the truth.
A moment.
“So you're done with Javier?”
“He was with another mare!”
“And he thought you wouldn't care?”
“No, he thought me unaware!”
“...
Fuckin' dick.”
“Boys suck!” Octavia revealed.
“A least you had a boyfreind,” Vinyl said half-jokingly. She wasn't joking.
“Why does it matter? If they all end being dicks.” Octavia thought boys were dumb.
Vinyl responded. “It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all?”
“Nah,” Octavia pronounced.
“I think the saying is true.”
“I'd rather be alone than have my heart crushed.”
Iritated, Vinyl scowled at her friend. “That's cause you've never been alone more than three weeks. I mean imagine that 'alone time' between boyfreinds is your whole life.” Vinyl wondered if she should've said that. It kind of just came out. Nope. She should not have.
Octavia thought.
“I'm sorry Vinyl.”
“Oh,” Vinyl said, “Ok”.
“You know what,” Octavia looked at her friend.
“What?” Vinyl raised her eyebrows.
“I promise that when we get to Las Pegasus I'll hook you up with some sexy mares.”
“Octavia, do you know any sexy mares there?”
“I'll meet some!” Octavia proclaimed. “And then I will set you up with them!”
Vinyl laughed. She rolled her eyes:
“Thanks Octy.” Vinyl chuckled.
A pause. Then another.
Octavia nodded. “Thank you so much. It's late, but I'll see you... In the future! Goodnight Vinyl!”
With that Octavia walked out the door.
Vinyl smiled.
“''Night Octy.”

Comments ( 5 )

*looks at description* you're gonna have to be a little less vague, chap.

I liked the idea of the story but it was fast paced, if you layed more detail into it I would be able to completely understand what they were doing at the moment for example you wrote that Octavia came in and sat on the bed, instead you can describe the texture and color of the bed? Just small things like these help a lot. If this seems offensive I'm not trying to, just giving a suggestion

4351218 lol. From your first sentence I thought that would be much harsher. I hear you. I'll look into it.

its kind of refreshing to read a simple quick fast paced story like this. seems fine to me.

4352521 If I were harsher than you wouldn't listen to my message.

Login or register to comment