• Published 4th May 2014
  • 1,052 Views, 6 Comments

A Stunt To Reality - CreamyShadow48



Scootaloo decided to do a stunt that almost cost her life. Later, she then recovers and tries to do the stunt again, leading her to life or death.

  • ...
1
 6
 1,052

Hospital Recovery & Drama

It was pitch dark in Scootaloo's eyes, but a Electrocardiograph was slowly beeping in an echo. To add to that, voices were being heard in the background.

"Everypony, we have the results in. She's going to be just fine," said a mysterious stallion voice.

"Are you sure doctor? That crash was pretty compact," Twilight's voice echoed.

"Yes she did break some bones in her body, but nothing major. Her lacerations should heal up before her bones do," the doctor informed. As the conversation went on, Scootaloo began to slowly open her eyes, seeing nothing but blur.

"Hey, she's waking up!" cried Sweetie Belle, who was facing Scootaloo. Everypony then immediately turned towards the awaking filly, as Twilight cuts the conversation to see her wounded friend. Scootaloo blinked twice, before fully opening her eyes, clearing up the blur and getting her normal vision back. She was in a hospital bed in Ponyville's hospital, in a hospital room. However, Scootaloo noticed that everypony was in sorrow, especially Rainbow Dash, who dropped her head in shame.

"Oh darling, all you alright?" Rarity asked, putting her hoof on Scootaloo's forehead.

"Whe-where am I?" the Pegasus filly, turning her head around the room. Rarity took her hoof off of the filly's head, knowing that Scootaloo is at normal temperature.

"You're in the hospital. You crashed into Town Hall's window, remember?" reminded Twilight, with a disappointed look. Scootaloo had to think for a few seconds, until she got a flashback of what happened.

"Yeah...I remember," Scootaloo said in a quite voice.

"I tried to warn you...I'm sorry," apologized Sweetie Belle, as she drops her head in shame.

"Scootaloo, what were you thinking of jumping that thing?" asked Applejack.

"I just thought it was going to earn my cutie mark and-"

"You destroyed one of Town Hall's window and gave almost half of Ponyville a heart attack!" scolded Twilight, cutting off Scootaloo.

"But I thought I was going to earn my cutie mark," explained Scootaloo.

"Yeah, well let me tell you. Broken bones and lacerations isn't worth a cutie mark," budging in the doctor.

"Well, how long am I going to stay here for?" asked Scootaloo in a worried voice.

"I'd say about a week," replied the doctor. The response was Scootaloo moaning in boredom, knowing that she can't go anywhere for a week.

"Well think before you act next time," Twilight scolding again.

"Twi is right. You would've got killed in that stunt," Applejack added.

"I know I just..." Scootaloo with no answer. The mane six were still worried and disappointed at Scoots at the same time. Judging by the fact that Scootaloo could've died easily there, they wanted to make sure that she would never do that again. However, there was no time left, as the visiting ponies had to leave.

"Sorry everypony, but Scootaloo here needs to get some rest," announced the doctor. The mane six and the two Cutie Mark Crusaders started to head out the door (Except Pinkie and Rainbow Dash, who had to say something.)

"Please get better. Just for me?" Pinkie smiled.

"I will," Scootaloo replied, giving out a sigh. Pinkie caught up with the leaving ponies, exiting out the door with them. Rainbow Dash approached Scootaloo, putting her hoof on her mane.

"I'm-I'm so sorry for all of this. This is just all my fault," despairingly said Rainbow Dash. That didn't make Scootaloo frown, as she smiled knowing that Rainbow Dash cared so much for her biggest fan. Meanwhile, Twilight noticed Rainbow Dash wasn't coming, so she went back to the door, poking her head out, seeing Rainbow Dash still in the room.

"Let's go! Also I'll have a word with you, when we get back to the library Dash," informed Twilight.

"I'm going to have a word with you too, Applebloom," Applejack in the background.

"Same with you, Sweetie Belle," Rarity also in the background. Rainbow took her hoof away and pointed herself toward the door. She trots out of the door, looking back at Scootaloo with a sorry look. Twilight closed the door behind her, leaving Scootaloo and the doctor alone. Scootaloo was so ashamed of herself, for doing something so risky to get the thing she always wanted.

"This was all a mistake..." Scootaloo whispered too herself in despair.

"Don't worry, kid. It's only going to be a week," said the doctor as he looks at the X-ray picture. The doctor turns around, giving Scootaloo a smile.

"Besides, you're a filly and fillies tend to heal up faster than grown ponies," the doctor edified. Scootaloo wasn't really cheered up, as she cared more about her friends than her injuries. She let out a big sigh, as she closed her eyes to rest, pulling up the blanket before her.

***

Meanwhile, Apple Bloom was in her room with Applejack, having a scolding conversation.

"Why did you even help her build such a thing?" Applejack cried.

"Because we thought it would be a good idea!" replied Apple Bloom.

"A good idea to what? Crash into Town Hall's window and almost get killed? You really think that was a good idea?" Applejack asking multiple questions.

"It....it was just a..." Apple Bloom was wordless, as she jumped onto the bed and started to cover her eyes with her hooves. She soon started to cry, as the tears leaked through her hooves.

"I just thought Scootaloo was going to finally earn something she worked so hard for," sobbed Applejack's sister. Applejack felt that she was a bit to hard on her sister, seeing her break down in front of her. Now she started to feel sorry, as she jumped onto the bed beside her, putting her front leg around her.

"Apple Bloom, sometimes you can't just take things so high to get something every filly wants," calmly criticized Applejack, as she stroked her sister back, vertically.

"If you're patient enough, everything will probably end up good. But doing something like that could scare a lot of ponies and will probably end up being bad. Do you understand what I'm saying, Apple Bloom?" asked Applejack.

"Y-yes," Apple Bloom wiping her tears.

"I know, you, Scootaloo, and Sweetie Belle are fillies and all but sometimes you need to think before you do something like that. Can you promise your sister to not do something so dangerous like that again?" kindly requested Applejack?

"I-I-I guess' shuttered Apple Bloom, still covered in tears.

"That's my sister," Applejack proceeding to hug Apple Bloom.


***

Meantime at Rarity's Boutique, Sweetie Belle and her sister were just done their little conversation.

"GO TO YOUR ROOM!" yelled Rarity, as she points her hoof towards the stairs.

"Ugh, it isn't my fault!" exclaimed Sweetie Belle.

"Yes it was, now do what I say!" Rarity stressing out. Sweetie Belle stomped upstairs, muttering mean words under her breath. She arrived at her room, kicking her door open and slammed it close, as she pouts and sits right beside the door.

"Stupid Rarity, I didn't do anything wrong," Sweetie Belle muttered under her breath.

***

At Twilight's library, Rainbow Dash and Twilight was just starting their discussion.

"Rainbow, you're older than all three of them, and decided to do something only an idiot would do," criticized Twilight.

"I know I should've told her that it would've killed her, for the thousandth time," sarcastically replied Rainbow Dash, as she was flying just beside Twilight.

"You would've been charged, if Scootaloo died in that stunt. You'd probably be in Celestia's dungeon for a long time," informed the purple Alicorn.

"Well, what if she DID make the jump and got her cutie mark?" asked Rainbow Dash.

"Then everypony wouldn't be so stressed out, instead amazed," Twilight informed.

"But honestly, I think you should stay away from Scootaloo," the Alicorn suggested. That plan didn't really work out, as Dash's face went blank?

"Wha-what do you mean?" shuttered Rainbow.

"I mean you should stay away from Scootaloo for a long time," repeated Twilight Sparkle. Rainbow went into tears as she flew to a shelf and threw nine book to the ground.

"Dash!"

'YOU'RE NOT MY FUCKING MOM!" the blue Pegasus screamed, as she charged out of the library's door and into the sky.

"Dash wait!" Twilight trotting out of the door and looking into the sky. Rainbow Dash was to far to be seen for she is heading back to her cloud-house.

***

It took her twenty seconds to get to her own house. She rushed through her door and into her room, landing on her bed. She was facing the blanket, letting the blanket soak in all of her tears.

"I don't care what Twilight says, I'm not abandoning my number one fan," Rainbow Dash clinging onto the blanket.

"I just hope Scoots gets better soon," hoping the crying Pegasus.

***

Six days have passed, as of this Saturday night is Scootaloo's last day in the hospital. The doctor was in-front of Scootaloo, talking to her.

"Well, you've made great progress. Your cuts are all healed up and your bones are restored," informed the doctor.

"So, I'll be able to leave tomorrow morning?" asked the filly.

"That's right, and we have your scooter in lockup too. Sorry I couldn't tell you earlier, I was a bit busy with other patients," the doctor giving out a light chuckle. Scootaloo smiled for she knew she was finally going to be back with her friends tomorrow.

"Well, it's time to go to bed. Lights out," the doctor notified. The doctor flicked the light switch right next to him, as he leaves the room, closing the door behind him. The filly closes her eyes, thinking she's going to sleep well. However, it wasn't going to be like she thought it would be: a good night. All of a sudden, she started getting anxieties and voices in her mind. She clenched her eyes shut, trying to get some sleep. It didn't work, but made it even worse. She started getting thoughts of her being useless and a failure. Thoughts of never going to get her cutie mark and her friends laughing at her face. Scootaloo started to squirm a little, trying to get the thoughts out of her head. It still didn't work as her thoughts got worse. Soon she jumped up screaming, seeing nothing but pitch black.

"Ugh, I can't take this anymore! I'm not going down with out a fight. I'm going back the that ramp and finishing the job," violently said Scoots as she punches the pillow and falls back onto the bed.