• Published 4th May 2014
  • 1,052 Views, 6 Comments

A Stunt To Reality - CreamyShadow48



Scootaloo decided to do a stunt that almost cost her life. Later, she then recovers and tries to do the stunt again, leading her to life or death.

  • ...
1
 6
 1,052

Sparking An Idea

It was a dark midnight in Ponyville, as the Cutie Mark Crusaders were up in the tree house setting up their new Ponycube they found buried in the ground.

"So, I guess this wire goes into here?" question Sweetie Belle, trying to untangle two of the wires.

"No stop, you're doing it wrong!" exclaimed Scootaloo, pushing Sweetie Belle's hoofs away from the cords.

"Hey, I'm trying to help you know!" Sweetie Belle pushing Scootaloo away, with a pout.

"Just get away!" Scootaloo yelled, failing to untangle the cords, which are now wrapped around her hooves. Soon a massive push fight broke out, as Apple Bloom was just starring at them with a disappointed look. Apple Bloom couldn't believe that her two best friends were fighting over how to set up a gaming device, using the cords provided with it. However, she decided to take action.

"Stop it, all of you!" yelled Apple Bloom. After that shout, the two fillies immediately stopped, looking at Apple Bloom with cords tangled all over them.

"You guys, it's midnight. We should be sleeping instead of fighting over something that's probably broken," Apple Bloom suggested.

"I mean, we found it underground, and it was covered in dirt," Apple Bloom continued. After that, the two tangled fillies then took a glance at the scratched up Ponycube, which was lying on the wooden floor right next to them. Scootaloo's eyelids began to dim, as she gives out a long sigh.

"Yeah...I guess so.." Scootaloo calmly said, as she slowly tries to untangle herself. Sweetie Belle does the same: dimming her eye lids, giving out a sigh, and gradually gets out of the tangle she got herself into. Apple Bloom gives out a yawn, stretching her hind legs back.

"I'm tired crusaders, I think we should all head back home. Applejack is probably wonderin' where I am right now," Apple Bloom giving out a second yawn.

"Yeah...Rarity is probably worried sick of where I am," Sweetie Belle as she escaped the tangle. Apple Bloom takes a last glance at the Ponycube, before she turns around facing the door. She then trots to the door, as Sweetie Belle catches up to her. They make it to the door, as Scootaloo finally untangles herself, being late from Sweetie Belle. The door opens, as the two exiting crusaders go down the creaking tree house steps.

"Well, I'll see you tomorrow, crusaders," Apple Bloom said, splitting to the opposite direction Sweetie Belle was going, after they went down the steps.

"See ya," replied Sweetie Belle. Scootaloo was now alone in the tree house, but was now trotting to the door, with a dropped head. When she trotted too three inches away from the door, she turned her head back to the Ponycube.

"I guess I'll throw it away tomorrow..." sadly said Scootaloo, as she turns her head back and trots through the door.

***

It was an hour after midnight, as Scootaloo was trotting through the cold ground of Ponyville. She still had her head dropped, seeing all the leaves, dirt, rocks nature has left behind. She also saw soda cans, candy wrappers, and bubble gum left from the ponies that were too lazy to throw away their garbage and decided to litter. Obviously, she wasn't looking where she was going. Instead of going home, she forgot to take a turn and went to the other side of Ponyville. As she went further down the wrong path, the ground got more dirtier and more litter was being found. Scootaloo didn't mind, as she pushed the litter away before she was able to step on them.

"Well, what am I going to do now? I couldn't even get the wires to untangle, before Apple Bloom was going to yell at me. I should've let Sweetie Belle sort it out...also, I think that would've been my chance to earn my cutie mark as a gamer pony," Scootaloo whispered to herself, in depression. Her thoughts got her distracted, as she didn't notice the empty spray cans and the leftover cigarette butts on the ground. After two minutes of trotting and thinking, she bumped into something metal, that it knocked her to the ground. However, she got up and shook her head, raising it up to see what she bumped into? She noticed that she bumped into a metal bar, which was standing up with the support of the welding to the ground.

"Huh....what is this?" Scootaloo questioned, poking the bar with her hoof. The bar made a *tink* sound every time she poked it.

"I never noticed this before! What's going on?" exclaimed Scootaloo, as she scratched her head. However, that metal bar wasn't the only inanimate object on the wrong path. Scootaloo looked behind the metal bar, seeing metal tubes, wooden planks, bolts, and ripped up pieces of paper all over the grassy ground.

"What is all this stuff doing here?" wondered the filly, as she trots towards the debris. As she was able to take a closer look by squinting her eyes, the debris was all dusty and looked very archaic up close.

"H-how long was this here for?" The filly kicking the metal tubes away, making a clank sound as they roll around. She kept trotting, scratching her head in confusion, until she step on a piece a paper that wasn't ripped up like the rest of the paper. She points her head down, as she picks up the paper, reading what the words say.

"Dear Diary. Today is the day where our ramp is going to be taken down. I remember the times when my friends and I always used to hang around under this good ol' ramp. We'd always used to make jokes, slide down it, and even make lots of noise during the night....but that's why it's going to be taken down. We took multiple warnings from ponies that live here to keep it down. Unfortunately, that didn't work. They kept telling us and telling us, until they got sick of it and called out Royal Guards from Canterlot. ROYAL GUARDS FROM CANTERLOT. I mean, I was scared when the Royal Guards told us to move away, or they would take the ramp down. Even that, we still made noise and refused to move away. I'm going to be honest here, I was probably the quietest one here. Infact, I'm one of the ponies that rarely talk, just hang out. But we refused to stay quite and they're going to take it down now. Apparently, they aren't going to clean up the mess after it's going to be taken down. They said that we think we're going to still hang around here, but make us more depressed and quite. Actually, we're moving away from here. I kind of got bored of this place anyway. I just don't want to see this ramp get taken down. It was a huge ramp that could probably jump almost half of Ponyville. And it's weird that it was in the middle of nowhere. This place is dirty, and it'll probably be the same in the future. But this concludes my story for today. -Crystal Gloom"

After Scootaloo was done reading, she read it again but only played the quote from the diary in her mind "It was a huge ramp that could probably jump almost half of Ponyville." It played back three times in her mind, until she hatched an idea. She raised her hoof in excitement, dropping the page of the diary.

"I know what to do now! This plan will be perfect to get my cutie mark!" exclaimed Scootaloo.

"I'll remake the ramp and try to jump a really tall building...like the Town Hall!" Her idea wasn't really organized yet. Scootaloo took a look around and saw all the scattered materials needed to re-build the ramp. It was a bit too much for one filly to carry back all in one trip.

"Hmm, how am I going to bring back all this stuff?" Scootaloo questioned herself, as she rubbed her chin.

***

A dim lighted sun was shining through the window of Apple Bloom's room as the rooster did his famous wake up call known as "Cock a doodle doo." Apple Bloom slowly opened her eyes, stretching her front legs and giving out a big yawn. She pushes the blanket away and lands on the floor on her four hooves.

"Apple Bloom, breakfast is ready! Also, your friend Sweetie Belle is here!" Applejack notifying Apple Bloom.

"Sweetie Belle? I thought we were going to meet at the Tree house," Apple Bloom said to herself. As she stretched herself, she then proceeded out of her room and downstairs. There, she saw Sweetie Belle, sitting on the chair, next to the table, with an oat burger in front of her.

"Sweetie Belle, I thought we were going to meet at the tree house," said Apple Bloom, as she takes her seat.

"You just said tomorrow so-"

"Okay never mind. What day is it?" Apple Bloom cutting off with a question.

"It's Saturday," answering the filly Unicorn.

"Oh...have you seen Scootaloo anywhere?" asked the filly Earth Pony.

"I think she's at the tree house. Should we check on her?" replied Sweetie Belle

"Sure, after breakfast," quoted Apple Bloom


***

The fillies were now at the tree house, knocking on the door. There was a lot of noise going on and there was wooden planks sticking out of the window.

"Scootaloo let us in! What's going on in there?" asked Apple Bloom. There was no response afterwards; just the sound of a drill. Apple Bloom then kicked the door open with her hind legs and noticed that there was metal tubes, wooden planks, bolts, and a metal bar scattered all over the tree house décor and floor. At the end of the room was Scootaloo with a drill, drilling a hole into one of the wooden planks.

"HEY!" yelled Sweetie Belle. The yell was able to get Scootaloo's attention, as she turns around seeing her two crusader friends.

"Oh...hey there!" Scootaloo giving a nervous look.

"What are you doing?" asked Sweetie Belle

"Well, it's just ummm...." Scootaloo was wordless.