• Published 2nd Apr 2012
  • 2,076 Views, 37 Comments

Still Alive - RainbowDangerDash97



A Cupcakes sequel. Rainbow Dash is revived by Celestia, and has revenge on Pinkie Pie.

  • ...
11
 37
 2,076

Even Though You Broke My Heart

"Hey Rainbow Dash!" Pinkie Pie cried out. "Nice day, huh?"

Rainbow Dash didn't turn to look at her friend. She lay on her cloud, back turned. "Yeah...nice."

"Thought so!" the earth pony giggled. "Wanna bake cupcakes with me?"

"NO! No way! I'm NEVER baking or Eating cupcakes again!" the answer came out, as Rainbow Dash's eyes shot up.

Pinkie Pie looked confused. "Why not?" she asked, shrinking back. She didn't need the answer. Deep inside, she remembered all about the insanity moment she had. "I won't do it again! Cross my heart and hope to fly - stick a cupcake in my eye!"

"I don't care!" Rainbow Dash shouted. "I don't believe you. Leave me alone!"

She kicked her cloud above Pinkie's head, and kicking it once more, letting it pour rain on the filly's head. Pinkie Pie looked up, sadly. She sighed and walked away.

-----

"Twilight?" she asked. "Why is Rainbow Dash acting all...weird? She won't play with me, talk to me, or bake cupcakes with me!"

Twilight sighed and muttered, under her breath, "It is as Celestia told me!"

"Whaddya mean?" Pinkie Pie asked, her eyes wide with curiousity.

"In order to revive the pony, part of her personality is drained, and replaced with an emotionally unstable, rather depressed one, and she no longer recognizes her friends," Twilight cried out, her voice dipping in panicky tones of worry. "She said it doesn't happen to everypony - but it looks like Rainbow Dash is a perfect victim."

"StarSwirl the Bearded created this spell for ponies who were desperate - ponies who couldn't live without their dead friends or families.

"And so I'm very afraid, it has life-long effects," StarSwirl explained. "I can't do anything 'bout that, I'm sorry."

"Why?" Celestia asked.

"Well, the pony must be drained off her personality to create power for the revival. I'm sorry 'bout that," StarSwirl replied. "It makes 'em old ponies all depressed and emotionally unstable. Sorry 'bout that. Can't do anything 'bout it."

"Ah, I see," Celestia chuckled. She was only a filly then, even though she had her beautiful flowing pastel mane, as well as her glorious silky coat - and cutie mark. "Remarkable, if you don't mind me saying."

"One day," the elderly wizard pony said. "I, Starswirl the Bearded, will get meself an old buildin' fer storin' all me scrolls and spells."

"Well you should," Celestia cried out, clapping her hooves excitedly. "Maybe somepony will come to appreciate it!"

And then it was explained. I'm sorry, Pinkie Pie, but Rainbow Dash might never be back to normal, the Rainbow Dash we know and love."

"Uh..." Pinkie Pie asked, washed away in the sea of words. "I don't get it?"

"Ugh..." Twilight groaned. "It's like this - Rainbow Dash was given half a new personality, or else she wouldn't have been revived."

"What?" Pinkie Pie cried out. "You mean - you mean - Rainbow Dash will never be -- my friend anymore?"

"I'm sorry, Pinkie," Twilight said. "But a living corrupted Rainbow Dash is better than a dead Rainbow, right?"

-----

She asked me to bake cupcakes for her. WITH her. She'll be sorry. VERY sorry.

Waiting anxiously for your death,

Rainbow Dash.