• Published 31st Mar 2012
  • 3,093 Views, 34 Comments

The Eternal Knight - Nerom_Fencer



The fist story of The eternal knight. Nero a human found in and rescued from the everfree joins the ponies in their lives. But will the trouble he brings be worth it for them or even him?

  • ...
18
 34
 3,093

Prologue: A meeting

Disclaimer: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and it’s creative properties is owned by Lauren Faust and Hasbro, not me.The Eternal Knight

Chapter 0

Prologue: A meeting

A loud thunder echoed over Everfree forest. A startled Fluttershy jumped at the sound and looked east toward the forest. A rainbow coloured streak of lightning lingered in the air.

”Oh my” She said. I hope that the poor family of dears is all right in there, thought Fluttershy. Or it might been Rainbow Dash that crashed again? Ahh I really need to make sure. I only hope it's not something dangerous.

She headed for the forest in a trot. The little bird that she feed looked at her in confusion. This was highly unlike her.

Meanwhile in the forest a man woke up in a clearing looking around with groggy eyes.

What did I drink last night? Must have been one good party if I decided to sleep in a forest.

He noticed that he also wore different clothing than last night. Instead oh his usual jeans and t-shirt, he was wearing a pair of black boots and very dark blue pants with silver embroidery. At least he hoped that it was pants.

A little girly for me. Well at least the arm guards match the boots. WAIT ARM GUARDS?! “Well that´s new” He said while looking at his hands. Bahh what´s next a sword? And like magic he noticed the black scabbard strapped to his hip in the same black color as his boots, ornamented with what looked like silver. He proceeded to pick up the blade from his hip and with a light click the scabbard snapped of from the belt.

"Well that´s convenient." He croaked, throat a bit sore. He swallowed and whispered. "Well I still wonder why I have this. Then again, is it real?" With that last thought he inspected the ornament on the grip. The pommel had an engraved circle that reminded him of the moon. It was crescent with a sort of crystal in the ''hole'' forming a full circle.

Beautiful surely, I wonder if its sharp?. He touched the now exposed blade. “Ow! Well now I know its real!" While he sucked a little on his finger, he eyed the blade and made a mental note that it was extremely thin for a blade. Its a rapier that's for sure. The blade had a inscription that was unreadable to him.

He stood up leaning against the tree. "Ahh my back!" He groaned and stretched him self. “Ohh that´s better” He mumbled while his back cracked loudly. Done with the stretching he tried to put back the blade on his belt but was interrupted all by a sudden motion in the corner of his eye. Suddenly a pink and yellow horse was staring at him and when it noticed that he looked back at it, it tried to make it self as small as possible. 'The fuck?' He whispered.

Fluttershy observed the creature in the small clearing, it was covered in clothes and a long white mane flowed from its head, a few leafs hung in it. She inched closer for a closer look. I sure hope its friendly, I wonder if its a monkey, well I have never seen a monkey with clothes on before and never this big. She saw that the creature looking at her with curious eyes. She made herself smaller but the creature gave her a small confused smile.

It smiles... I wonder? Taking a small step forward, she spoke.

“Hello?” Fluttershy said with a very tiny voice. No reaction, I wonder if it heard me? “Hello?” She said now in a normal voice. The creature now reacted like it never heard somepony talk before.

Did that pony just talk?! No, that´s impossible, or is it? I have never seen a small pink and yellow horse before... Or have I? it's kinda fuzzy on that part. He realized that he was very tense and his mouth hung open. he relaxed his body a little and gave her another smile.

“My name is Fluttershy, what is your name?” Said the little horse like she talked to a small pet or maybe a kid.

My name? Wait my name, I have one? I don´t remember. Hmm that´s weird. I remember other things... Why no names? He tilted his head. weird. “I don´t know, I think I don´t remember any name,” He said. A surprised pony now I have seen it all. He laughed in his head. “well so far I remember anyhow.” He said. The pony now looking a little less frightened. “Can you tell me where I am? I don´t really know that, you see I'm not from around here.” He smiled a little again, seeing that it made the nervous looking pony at ease, somewhat anyway.

Fluttershy looked in surprise at the creature. He was smiling again, at least it sounded like a he. “We are in the Everfree forest, How do you not know that? Its the scariest place in all of Equestria.”

“Everfree? Equestria? Never heard of that before." He said with a shrug. "And if it is so frightening why are you in it?” Okey now I am confused! How did I even get here? Well anyway I´M here now so lets not panic over it... Yet.

Fluttershy was just going to say something when a large roar was heard behind her. Like a flash she clinged to the now startled human. “What was that?!” Do I really want to know that?

“M,M Manticore!” Fluttershy Stuttered in a screech.

“Hey, what is a Manticore?! Fluttershy? Ahh great she fainted!” Another roar somewhere in front of them was heard, a great pain came to the human.

With that second roar Fluttershy awoke with a jerk and hit the man with a kick. the man curled in a ball and seemed to be in pain.

"I´m so sorry, did it hurt?!" She cried.

"It's not that bad.. ohhh!" He groaned worst lie ever, but I don´t want to make her more upset. Might kick me again The origin of the rumbling lumbered closer. 'FML' the man hissed.