• Published 21st Jul 2014
  • 1,841 Views, 41 Comments

Kingdom Hearts: The Elements of Light and the Warrior of Fire - DARKPHANTOM13



There is a force that is controlling the Heartless and is out to consume all the worlds in darkness. After years of training the girls set out to other worlds and to find both Spike and a way to bring back their world and all the others that

  • ...
6
 41
 1,841

Out of the Void, Into a New Adventure

Spike's P.O.V.

Eight Years Ago

Darkness

Nothing but absolute darkness. There was no movement, no thoughts. Just stillness. Then the sensation of falling. As I fell things become more clear as my mind slowly wakes up. Out of nowhere the falling stops. It took what seems like forever before my mind was fully awake.

‘Ow.’

That was my first conscious thought. My head was throbbing like crazy while the rest of my body felt like it was still asleep. Argh, my head is killing me! What the hell happened last night?

… And aren't I a little young to be saying those kinds of lines? I would be laughing if my head didn't feel like it was trying to split itself open, and if my body wasn't in a coma. Why the heck is it completely dark out? Oh, right. My eyes are still closed. It's never a good sign when you have to put in a lot of effort to open your own eyes. After a little bit, I was able to fully open them, and take notice of my situation.

I'm outside, and, from the look of the sky, it's early morning. Then, I notice that I'm lying on the ground, sprawled out. What the heck happened? The only thing that is coming back to me was the weird dream I had. As I tried to move my body, I noticed I was holding something in my hands… or more specifically, I was holding two items, the same two items that appeared in my dream.

‘Okay, perhaps it wasn't a dream.’ I thought to myself. I'll worry about that, and its ramifications later, right now, I need to get up. It took longer than I was willing to admit, but I was able to sit up, and see where I was.

‘Well... it's safe to say that I'm not in Endless Green anymore.’

Instead of the town that my sister, our friends, and I lived in it was a courtyard of some kind which was surrounded by mountain tops. The courtyard would have looked beautiful if it wasn't in disarray. There were a few archways that were either damaged, covered in vines, or both. There were cracks everywhere due to age, and weather damage along with grass, moss, and weeds growing out of control. It was easy to tell that nobody had set foot here in a long time. Nearby, I could see a nearly dried up creek, a few stone benches, what looks like street lamps, and what I thought was some metal training equipment that is covered in vines and rust.

I noticed that it was dawn, the sun was just peaking over the mountains. I ended up staring at the beautiful array of colors that was being painted across the sky. I thought to myself, ‘I bet Twilight would love to see this.’

Suddenly, a rush of memories came back to me with the force of a train wreck. I looked around the courtyard, and remembered being attacked by black little monsters, the world literally disappearing into the darkness. And that damned cloaked asshole! I fell with him into the void in order to protect everyone.

‘Everyone!’

I quickly stood up as quickly as my slowly waking body could, nearly face planting into the ground for my trouble. I looked around for my friends, but didn't see any signs of them.

“Twilight!” I yelled out as my voice echoed, hoping to get a response. “Fluttershy? Applejack? Pinkie? Rainbow Dash? Rarity? ANYONE?”

No reply was heard.

Nothing else was heard, but the trickling of water coming from the creek, and my own damn echo.

‘Great! Just great!’ I sarcastically told myself mentally. ‘I'm all alone… once again.’

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw something I didn't notice before. On the other side of the courtyard was a small stairway that led to a castle that was in better conditions than the rest of the place. It seemed to also float somehow… and for some reason, had a slight curve to it.

‘How the hell did I miss that? I must be very oblivious.’

Deciding to investigate the castle, I slowly made my way to the floating castle. I was hoping to find someone inside that would help me, and not be a bastard towards me just because I'm a Dragon Blood, or at the very least something that tells me where I am, and how to get out of here so I can find my sister, and friends. At the time, I didn't notice the two objects I had in my hands suddenly disappear.


Third Person P.O.V.

Twilight, and Rainbow Dash navigated the halls of the castle that has been their home for the past eight years. As they made their way to the mess hall, the two decided to walk slowly for the likeliness that they won't see this place again for a long time. When the two were close enough to their destination, they could hear the voices of their friends.

“Aww, come on AJ. Just one little itty bitty bite?” A hyper voice begged.

“No, Pinkie.” Someone said in a southern accent.

“But whhhhhhyyy?”

“Because, sugarcube, we have to wait for Twi, ‘N Dash to get here before we can dig in.”

“By the way, darling, why did you, and Pinkie make so much food?” This time, a refined, classy female voice asked.

The next voice was so quiet, and timid that it was almost a mere whisper. “It is a bit much, if you don't mind me saying so.”

“This is our last meal together at New Moon Castle, so it has to be a super fabulous special last meal!”

The two late arrivals enter the mess hall to see their friends surrounding one of the dining room's long tables that was filled to the brim with freshly prepared food. On one side of the table, were the two cooks who cooked the feast, and are the Earthbounds of the group : Applejack, and Pinkie Pie.

Applejack was the most tallest, and physically strongest of the group, wearing her signature stetson hat on top of her golden blond, ponytailed head. Her clothes where pretty simple for the most part : a short sleeved flannel shirt, sturdy blue worn-out jeans, and some cowboy boots that accented that Southern aspect of her. She also had a red apple belt buckle, and three of the same fruits engraved onto the side of her boots. Overall, she looked like she belonged in the Wild West with determination, and strength to match.

Pinkie Pie - like her name stated - was pink. There were no other words that could better describe her appearance. Her shirt, and pants were the same color as her pink, poofy hair. The only thing that wasn't completely covered in pink was her white, and pink sneakers. Even with the unholy amount of pink, the teen made it work since it somehow went with her near endless cheer, and hyperactive personality.

Sitting across from the two was Rarity, a refined mage, and established fashion expert, and Fluttershy, the animal whisperer, and skilled healer of the six.

Rarity's appearance perfectly reflected with her high class taste. Her hair was as stylish as ever. Her white, sleeveless dress was self-made with a trio of diamonds on her hip, and a fashionable blue belt. She wore black leggings for sensibilities' sake, and blue knee high boots that were made to not only look good, but also was sturdy. The same could be said about her other clothes. She learned the hard way over the years of training that it is a smart idea to make clothes that last with the kind of activities the group often get involved in.

Fluttershy was the oldest, and nicest of the six. Though despite this, she was really quiet, and shy, often having bouts of self-doubt even with her accomplishments, and many believing her to be beautiful without even trying. She was wearing a simple pale yellow, long sleeve turtle neck, and a brown skirt that stopped below her knees. The pale pink haired girl was also wearing white leggings under her skirt. On her bare feet were a pair of unusual sandals, ones that wouldn't get in the way if the need to sprint ever occurred.

Oddly enough, the first one to notice them was Angel Bunny, pet, and guardian to shy Valkyrie, demon spawn of hell to anyone else who had the misfortune of meeting him. While he looked like an ordinary white rabbit, he was highly intelligent, and often acted like an actual person. Something that perplexed a lot of people, especially Twilight, to no end. He thumped his leg to get everyone's attention, and pointed at the two new arrivals from his spot next to his master.

“Well, look who finally showed up.” Applejack said as she got a plate, and started to fill it with food. The others quickly followed her example.

“Sorry, it took a while to wake up little miss bookworm.” Rainbow Dash replied as she filled her plate with pancakes and bacon.

“Another late night of studying.” Rarity stated rather than ask.

“Yeah well... I just wanted to be prepared.” She tried to justify her action through her embarrassment.

“What do ya think we've been doing all this time sugarcube?” Applejack asked while piling her plate high with anything that was meat, or apple related.

“I know. It's just that Master Luna has told us how dangerous some of the worlds can be. I'm just worried is all.” Twilight told the others about her worries, her plate was far more balanced in nutrition compared to the others.

“But don't you remember what Master Luna said?” Fluttershy quietly reminded the lavender mage. She filled her plate while avoiding any meat since she was a vegetarian. “It is okay to worry from time to time, but if you only worry then you won't be able to get anything done.”

“She is quite right darling.” Rarity agreed, her plate was devoid of anything that was really fattening or greasy. “Master Luna has taught us everything she could teach us that is part of the reason why we are leaving in the first place. There is only so much we can learn from her.”

“Yeah! We can learn, do, and see a bunch of new stuff by going to different worlds!” Pinkie energetically said. Her plate was a towering stack of anything remotely sweet. “Like giant robots, learning how walk on walls, fight zombies - ” Pinkie kept going on, and on about all the different things they could do on the journey to come, even while her mouth was full of food, to the amusement, or disgust of her friends.

Soon all of them came onto a discussion as they ate together, all of them brimming with excitement about the amazing adventures that are sure to come.


Meanwhile, on a Far Off World

A lone figure made their way through a blazing desert on a distant world. The person in question was wearing a black, hooded trench coat, and black pants. With the hood up it was impossible to make out the person's face. The coat itself had made many people look at the person with worry since it looked like the one ones used by the long dead, yet still infamous, Organization XIII. However that is where the similarities ended.

The coat itself was slightly modified, with metal symbols of a purple dragon skull surrounded by green fire on the shoulders. On the person's hands was a pair of gauntlets. The flexible material was black while the metal was a dark purple that covered his forearms, the back of his hands, and his fingers that ended on pointed tips to resemble claws with a green tint to them. Strangely enough there was a green gem embedded in the forearm of the right gauntlet. On his legs were metal shin guards of the same of color as the gauntlets. His shoes were a pair of black boots with segmented, grooved metal at the sole for flexibility, and grip. While it was impossible to see any actual physical features it was easy to tell that the person in question was quite fit, and was slightly over six feet tall.

Even with the sun bearing down on the stranger, he continued to walk without a single sign of fatigue. Suddenly, the figure stops walking.

“Incoming - ” A robotic voice echoed from apparently out of nowhere before it was cut off by another voice.

“I already sensed it.” The second voice came from the stranger. It was male, and while it sounded slightly deep you could tell the person in question was still quite young.

Far ahead, something under the sand was making its way towards the stranger at an alarming pace. When it was a block away it stopped, only to rise high into the sky to reveal itself. It had the appearance of a King Cobra. The monster was easily as over a mile long. The scale-like armor was a mix of onyx, and cobalt. It eyes were simple golden orbs that stared at the young man with an unnerving hunger. Its mouth was full of fangs with a overlapping under jaw. The tip of its tail was two barbed spikes. When it shook, it made a sound you would expect from a Rattlesnake. On both sides of the hood, was a symbol that looked like a red, and heart that was covered in thorns.

The figure just stared at the monster looming over him as he began talking with a calm tone. “Well, aren't you a big one. You saved us the trouble of hunting you down.” The stranger flexed his hands as they began to be engulfed by green, and purple flames.

The monster snake reared back, and struck forward towards its target at frightening speed. Just as it was a few feet from the mysterious figure, one word was said.

“Burn.”


The girls had just finished their meal together. The food was delicious, and the great company made it even better. However, they were now faced with a problem.

“So what are going to do with the rest of the grub?” Rainbow asked as she, and her friend stared at the table still full of food. Even between the six of them, they barely made a dent in the breakfast buffet.

“Don't worry! I got it!” Pinkie announced.

“What - ” Twilight was about to ask before she was cut off by another voice.

“That, my dear students, is part of going away present that Pinkie has helped me get ready for you.” All six of the turned around to see two new additions to the room. The two were beautiful women that, while sharing enough features to suggest that they were at least related, are literally as different as night, and day.

One was the slightly shorter than the other one. Her long hair was midnight blue, and looked like there was stars in it, giving it a cosmetic aspect. Her face easily showed a lot of pride as she looked at her student with a wide smile on her face. The woman's outfit was a dress with pieces of armor on her chest, and arms in the blue, and black with stars doting it and a crescent moon at the center of her armor.

The other woman was taller than her companion. Her hair was just as long but was stripped in pastel colors of blue, green, and pink. Her outfit was similar to the woman next to her, but was more dress, less armor, and had a different theme. The taller woman's outfit was white, and gold with a blazing sun at the center. Her magenta eyes, and smile held an unearthly calm to them few can come close to.

“Master Luna! Master Celestia!” Twilight yelled as she, and her friends bowed before the two Keyblade Masters.

“Rise, my students, for this is a momentous occasion.” Luna said. Once her students stood up straight, she continued. “This is the beginning of your journey of self-discovery, and a test to see whether, or not you have the skills, strength, and potential to be entitled Keyblade Masters.”

“However,” Celestia started, her face went from a smile to a serious look. “We must warn you. As you know, your home world has fallen to darkness, and over the past few years, other worlds had the same fate. There are dark forces that cannot be ignored. You must be careful, and ready for whatever lies ahead.”

“Indeed, what my sister speaks is true.” Luna agreed with a face similar to her sister's. “Finding out who is responsible for this, figuring out their intentions, and putting a stop to their plans is an important part of your test. It will also likely be the most dangerous part of your journey. With that being said, I'm sure that as long as you believe in your abilities, and each other, there is little you can't accomplish.”

“Thank you for your kind words. We won't let you down.” Twilight thanked on behalf of her friends.

“I know you girls won't, that's why I have a special gift for you all. Now if you will all follow us.” Luna said as the two masters made their way out of the mess hall with most of the students following them.

“I'll catch up with you girls in a minute. I have to put away this food first.” Pinkie said as the five students left the room. After making their way through the countless hallways, they found their way to a hanger-like room. The five stood in an awe at the ship that sat in the middle of the room. It was a ship, a Gummi Ship to be precise. Twilight instantly recognized the design to be similar to the one that Keyblade Master Sora used in his journeys. From the glass dome for the cockpit, the small wings on the sides, to even the cannons under it. The only difference between the two was the colors.

“This is a Gummi Ship.” Luna explained. “With the vessel you will be able to safely go from world to world. It will also be your home between worlds.”

“This is cool and all, but I have a question.” Rainbow Dash stated.

“Yes?” Their teacher replied.

“Why is it pink?” It was true. The ship was completely painted in different shades of pink. The only thing that wasn't pink was the glass dome.

“It's because I helped Master Luna make it!” Pinkie chirped as she appeared out of nowhere.

“You see, Luna didn't actually have a Gummi Ship, just a bunch of Gummi Blocks she collected during her own travels, and never used. So she asked me to help her build it. I thought about making it look like a toothless alligator as part of a pun, and a tribute to the show, but it was already done by someone else. I decided to go with a classic Pinkie Pie flair to it.” Somehow the hyperactive teen managed to say all that in one breath.

It was no surprise to the others that Master Luna had asked Pinkie to help with that task. Out of the six of them, the pink haired girl was extremely talented when it came to fixing, and building machines. While some of what she said confused them, even the masters, they just chalked it up to Pinkie being Pinkie.

“Isn't a bit...small?” Applejack asked as she scratched her head after picking her hat off her head. She did have a point. While the ship looked big enough for the six of them to travel, it wasn't big enough for them to actually live in, at least not comfortably, and without future back pain.

Luna was about to explain, but Pinkie beat her to it. “Actually Luna did this really cool spell that made the inside waaaay bigger than it looks outside. Like the blue police box I went into once. It has everything! A living room when we want kick back, and relax. A kitchen with everything a kitchen would need, it also has the breakfast leftovers I put earlier so, we won't have to worry about cooking for a few days. It even has ten bedrooms, each one with their own bathrooms, and closets. I already put everyone's things in separate rooms.”

“Well, that is a relief.” Rarity happily said. “When you said that we shouldn't pack anything I was afraid we would have to go on our journey with nothing, but our Keyblades, and the clothes on our backs.”

“We thought about that, but decided against it." Celestia commented.

“But why are there ten bedrooms, if you don't mind me asking?” Fluttershy quietly asked.

“That way we have a room for each of us, one for Spike when we find him, and the last one is an extra just in case.” Pinkie explained. The others didn't miss that she said ‘when’ they find Spike, and not ‘if’, as if she didn't have a doubt in her mind they would find their long lost friend. The other five Keybladers couldn't help, but smile at that and agreed with her.

“I have trained you six the best I can.” Luna started with a proud smile on her face. “Now the only thing I can do is let you see the universe to see what life and the other worlds can teach you. I hope you luck on your journey to both grow as a person and Keybladers. I hope by the end of your journey that you all will be promoted to the rank of KeyBlade Masters.”

The six girls looked at each other with grateful smiles to before bowing at the hip.

“Thank you Master Luna, for your words, faith, and everything you have done for us for the past eight years.” All six of them stated as one.

“Your welcome. Now be off and have a safe journey.”

The six nodded their head before Pinkie yelled out.

“I'm driving!”

She ran towards the ship while the others followed either in panic, or worry about letting the hyperactive girl drive the world hopping ship. The two masters watched as the ship lifted off the ground and rocketed out of the hanger. After a minute of silence, Celestia was the first to break the silence.

“You have done a wonderful job with them Luna.” Celestia told Luna.

“Indeed. I will admit that I had my doubts about my abilities to teach them properly, but it turned out to be a wonderful experience for both them, and myself.” Luna replied. “Thank you for convincing me to take them under my wing dear sister.”

“Think nothing of it. I knew you would enjoy it. Would you like to visit the spa at Radiant Garden? It has been a while since we had some sister bonding time.”

“I don't see why not. Besides I'll have a lot more time on my hands for now on anyway."

With flash of a blue, and white light, the two masters disappeared.


The monster gave out one last, dying screech before falling into a field of flames. As it was burned away by the fire, a pink, crystal like heart floated into the air, and disappeared. Just outside the fire was the mysterious figure, not a scratch on him, unlike the area around which was heavily damaged from the battle.

“Well, that was easy.” The same machine-like voice said again. In a blue haze, something appeared from the stranger's head. It was a floating metal orb with a green electronic eye surrounded by multiple green pointed parts. It looked at where the monster once was. “I was expecting that Heartless to be a lot tougher. I'll notify the others that we took care of it.” The machine floated its spikes from its core, and created a green energy field around it that fluctuated.

After a few seconds of this, it returned to its normal shape, and turned to the stranger. It saw that he was looking into the distance off to the side. “Something wrong?”

“I thought I sensed something.” The figure said.

“A disturbance in the force?” The orb asked in its mechanical voice. He swore it had a joking tone to it.

“No, more like...” The young man paused to find the right words. “A change in the wind. Besides, I don't have any connection to the force, and the patience to learn how to use it.”

“Well, as long as it isn't the Willies again. Nothing good ever happens when you get one of those.”

“It's not like our usual luck is any better. On a normal day at work, we're either in extreme danger, annoyed beyond hell, or bored out of our minds. At least we get to have some fun from time to time.”

“Can you please not say ‘we’ since your definition of fun is very different from mine, and most people in general?”

“Oh come on, I'm not that bad.” The orb tilted itself forward to do its best impression of a flat look. “Okay, so I'm a bit of an adrenaline junkie. You have to be in our line of work.”

“No, you don't. And I still don't see the appeal of some of the stunts you do at times.”

“Because they're awesome! What's more badass than riding a missile like it was a skateboard, or fighting someone in the middle of a rock slide?”

“If it makes our missions a bit more enjoyable for you, and by extension makes things a bit easier, that I guess I shouldn't complain. Anyway, we still have the rest of the day before we pick up your students. Do want to check out a new world? I sense a nearby planet that we haven't been to yet.”

“Sure, but I say we use a DC, and set it to random.” With a flick of the cloaked figure's wrist a black and purple portal appeared before him with a low hum.

“Umm, are you sure this is a good idea?” The metal orb asked with worry in its voice. “We don't exactly have the best track record when you do this.”

“Don't worry Torch, I'm feeling lucky today.” The young man tried to appease his companion.

“Very well.” It said with sigh. “If we end up landing in the middle of another war again I'll blame you for it.”

“Dully noted. Now let’s go.”

"Alright then." Torch floated back to its partner, and fazed back into his head. “Ready when you are.”

“Down the rabbit hole we go.” The cloaked young man said as he walked into the portal.

“Can you please stop saying that? That line is getting really old.” Torch complained from inside the portal.

“And people called me too serious for my own good sometimes. Lighten up already.” The stranger replied.

“I will when you get some new material.”

At that second the portal closed without a trace.