• Published 31st Mar 2012
  • 705 Views, 1 Comments

Magic of the Storm - StormyStrife



About a trio of unlikely heroes who travel from land to land to save it all from darkness.

  • ...
 1
 705

The Questions without Answers

The Three later had gotten an audience with the Jarl of Windhelm, Jarl Ulfric Stormcloak himself.
"It would seem we require the Dragonborn again" Ulfric stated dryly. He wasn't wearing anything that was different from when he was human, the way he sat, like all Jarls didn't even change, it made Jacob laugh a while ago, but now he was simply looking at Ulfric with a look of disbelief "You don't honestly think i can bring down Akatosh do you?!" I almost died five times against Alduin, his son! I seriously doubt, there's anything that can bring anything that large and powerful down!"

Ulfric adjusted himself, mirroring the trademarked Jarl pose on the throne he calmly replied "Well then i guess you don't have much to do, save for finding your friend" He looked towards Keith as he said the last part. "Also, I hear there's something interesting nearby, if you have any time at all, please investigate, make sure it's not a threat, whatever it is... You can find it if you head out the bridge, and keep going straight."


After they had been done speaking with Ulfric, they each went their separate ways, each having different things to do.

Keith went to look for his friend, while Jacob naturally wanting a quest to do, went along Ulfric's instructions.

Storm went for a walk, to observe the cold landscape for anything strange, he asked Ulfric before leaving for something to shield him from the cold, not wearing anything as usual. He left the Palace of Kings, wearing a white cloak that fit him almost perfectly, the hood extended over his head, a few minutes of walking and he was now officially lost.

The wind howled around him, trying to get inside his cloak which kept him warm in the unforgiving wind. As he walked forward, he remembered that he could just go backwards to get back, but he looked around and saw that everything looked the same, snow everywhere, trees here and there, and the worst of it was that he was even caught in a freak blizzard.
But it would seem the blizzard was not something natural as the viciously blowing snow and winds picked up and blew him up and over onto his back. It collected a few yards before him, shaping into a large hooded figure, not pony or human, but something of greater age and wisdom.
Slowly five eyes opened in a black glow before him as he got back onto his hooves and a familiar voice both greeted and insulted him "Stormy... Nice to meet you once more... Comrade".
Storm stepped back from the entity that slowly formed as each minute passed, soon it was all together, a completely white pony-like body it had; with four legs, and four wings, four eyes that seemed to look like they made a square if a line was drawn between each one and a fifth in the middle, above it's nose. It's hooves were naturally spiked, at the front of each, had a vicious and painful spike that extended into the earth or whatever it stood upon, a whole foot down.
It smiled a bloody grin, blood that dripped down onto the white snow "What's the matter? last time we met, we were much more close than brothers you know..."

Storm shook his head and looked more scared than anything "my father had shown me how wrong i'd been in the past, you're a demon."
the demonic pony lunged and hug-tackled Storm in a flash "Oh come on, how about a little fun, just for old times sake?"
Storm laughed and shook his fear off, getting out of the hold it had on him and throwing the demon to the ground, and pinned it under both forehooves "I've ridden myself of my demons, i have no need of any more in my life... after all, the great demon Filiraith would know all about that wouldn't he?"
the demon under his hooves sighed angrily and annoyed upon hearing his true name "So... you've figured out my real name huh?"
Storm got off of Filiraith and chuckled "I've always known your true name Filiraith, i just never wanted to use it before now... and now that i have, you've lost your power. I trust you won't try to stir up anything?"

Filiraith disappeared from the world, hopefully to his world; the Pastures of Fire. Though Filiraith had been hopefully sent back where he was created, Storm still remembered the time when he'd destroyed Filiraith, and completely. He hadn't been created again in The Pastures of Fire, as that's where he was destroyed; there was no reason or way he should be back and breathing, yet there he had been.


A demon whose entire being was destroyed by him, was now somehow back and alive, what had that kind of power? is the release of Akatosh all Filiraith's doing? or is there something much bigger going on?
Whatever it was, Storm dismissed it, though questions still buzzed through his mind. He wished his mind would clear like the blizzard that did so now.
He looked around and saw only trees a couple of rocks and pillars and spun in a circle on the spot.

As he realized he was in front of what was probably an ancient tomb, he heard howls from behind.
He span around to see the source and saw three wolves easily equal in size to him. Fear slightly took root into him and he took off and landed on top of a pillar.
He was about to call out for help when he realized something.

He was a pegasus and these wolves had no wings, because wolves weren't born to fly. He took off and flew over the trees and hovered, seeing unfamiliar ground, until he spotted what was probably windhelm and flew towards it, and towards the setting sun.



"The Questions without Known Answers, are always the toughest or most important."

Unknown

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment