• Published 31st Mar 2012
  • 705 Views, 1 Comments

Magic of the Storm - StormyStrife



About a trio of unlikely heroes who travel from land to land to save it all from darkness.

  • ...
 1
 705

Horrible Disease and a Suspicious Priestess

Upon sight of Markarth, the Ancient Dwarven city, The trio sighed in relief, well Storm was asleep on Jacob's back, snoring away.

Jacob didn't wanna do it but he gently poked Storm with his nose "We're here, Sleeepyheeeaaad" slightly bugging him. Storm openned his eyes, and blinked a few times to adjust to the bright light of Markarth day.

"Nnnnhhh" it's sooo bright" Storm complained softly as he got off of Jacob's back, who sighed in relief. As soon as Storm shook the sleep from his mind and body, they had entered Markarth.
"So which way is it?" Keith looked around the city, the last time he was in any place civilized and tamed, it was back in Riften, but he and his close friend always kept in touch, strange for a Bandit, which made him giggle a bit.

Jacob shot Keith a look that only said "what" Who laughed and smiled "Hahaha, Juuuust Kiiiidding!~ Just follow me"

The trio went up a couple staircases and eventually arrived in front of the entrance to the Temple of Dibella Jacob was uneasy about this place, and for good reason "Are you sure your friend is in here?" Keith nodded and entered through the large double doors.
Storm put a hoof on Jacob's shoulder "It's okay, You can stay here if you want..." he said with slight understanding and kindness.
Jacob stutterred "W-W-Well, I'll be okay out here, I'm the Dragonborn after all! someone's gotta keep an eye on the sky after all!"

Storm smiled and entered "Awesome, we'll be out in a bit!" and disappeared behind the double doors.

Jacob sat down and looked at the sky, nothing but blue and light bits of cloud, and he could only hear the distant sound of flowing rivers, bored he started to poke the stone with his left hoof.

"Wait for me... guys!" He rushed through the doors.


On the other side of the doors, Storm was sitting next to the door and broke out laughing "Di-Did you miss me?" He wiped his eyes and sighed in joy, Jacob just simply blushed and stuttered "I... The skies were all clear so i thought i'd check... the place for..."
Storm smiled knowingly "You were lonely out there weren't you?"
Jacob staying silent, walked down the hallways and stairs, eventually meeting up with Keith who was looking quite flustered "What do you mean she isn't here? She's always here!"
"I'm very sorry Keith, it's just that your sister was summoned by the Greybeards, three days ago, before everything... changed" Senna the priestess spoke with a soft voice, gentle, even more so knowing the connection between Keith and his friend.

Jacob spoke up "What would the Greybeards want with a priestess?" he shook his head "Look, i'm sorry to interrupt your conversation, but a friend of ours has a really nasty rash on his back, could you please help him?" Jacob gestured to Storm who came up beside him and sat down, suddenly needing to catch breath.
Senna walked up to Storm and circled him, inspecting and checking for the rash, which was easily seen on his back, a fain bluish color, which went well with his red coat, but still itched like crazy.

"Hmmm..." It would seem your friend has a rare case of Scale fever Senna said conclusively.

"Wait... a rash, that is actually a fever?" Keith looked curious, Jacob looked around "Could i use a shout to heal it?"

Senna shook her head "No, Scale Fever originated from the bacteria found on some dragonscales, and as such it can only be treated from green tea boiled with a dragonscale in it."

Jacob laughed "Good thing i always keep a couple on me!" and started to look through his inventory, when Senna shook her head slowly "No, Scale Fever has many Strains, the strain is indicated through the rash's color on the back, and how bad it is" she went to Storm's back and went to feel the rash "Sorry, I'm just going to feel around, you might get some pain... try to keep still okay?"

Storm nodded, it was unbearable right now. Senna gently felt along his back "Oh... this is bad... very, very bad..." Storm looked at her "What? how is it bad?" Senna then went to his front and asked him "How bad is your back"
Storm looked a bit confused "Uhhh... It itches, alot" She shot a stern look at him "Are you sure?"

Storm burst out, and rolled onto the stone floor "No, it feels like im on fire, like my back is trying to eat itself times two!" and rubbed his back on the floor vigorously. "Stop him! itching it only makes it worse!" Jacob smiled and said "Sorry Storm" and quickly he took out a rope and hogtied the poor pegasus who protested consistently "Haaaaay, why'd you do that?"

"May i have a word with you two in private?" She led Jacob and Keith out of range of Storm's ears and speech and gave them a sad, serious look "How much do you care for your friend?"
Jacob scratched his head "Well i'm certainly fond of the little guy" Keith added "Storm's just so silly, it makes me happy most times". Senna looked downwards, towards Storm as they sat on top of some stairs "Well... He hasn't got much left in him. Sure he looks pent up, like he could fly from here to Whindhelm, but... He's got the 3rd worst strain, curable only from a plasma dragon's scale."

"No dragon can stand against a Dragonborn, i'll have that beast tagged n bagged in the hour!" Jacob said proudly.
Senna simply replied "They're extinct. They were created by Alduin himself and they aren't even natural, being made of fire not flesh, they had lived near volcanoes, but even Alduin with all his power can ressurrect them, not without sacrificing himself that is."

Keith sprang up and walked away for a few steps "There has to be a way... we didn't just travel through marsh, Spriggan territory and cold tundra, just to be told that we came here for nothing and that our friend is going to die" he looked at Senna and started walking towards her "You know alot about dragons, to be honest, more than just a simple priestess, so i have a feeling you might know where to get a plasma scale"

Senna stammered "W... Well... I only know of one, but it lies in High Hrothgar, and the Greybeards protect it, they refuse to let anything even near it." Keith smiled "thank you dear friend, Senna!"
He turned to Jacob and kept smiling "You up for a quick journey to High Hrothgar?"
Jacob smiled and put up a hoof for a brohoof "You know it!"

Keith laughed and brohoofed Jacob "To High Hrothgar!"

Jacob cut off the epic feeling Keith had by asking "Wait... Shouldn't we bring Storm with us?" they looked at him "No, just look at the poor guy" Keith said sympathetically, Storm was laying on his back, with the most exhausted look on his face, breathing heavily on the floor. "Right... We'll be back Storm" Jacob said, Keith smiled "He can't hear you, you know that right?" Jacob replied with a smile "It was for dramatic effect, which you ruined, let's go"

They brohoofed one another again with a slightly bored tone "To High Hrothgar!" as they had done again.


One fast travel later and Keith and Jacob entered the doors of High Hrothgar, inside they met six old grey colts who had their usual black cloaks with tribal and ancient designs "Welcome Dovahkiin... We have awaited your return!" they were all in a circle, standing on their hind legs and raising their front hooves to the ceiling. Jacob saw that they all had a long grey mane, small beard and horn, like a unicorns, which glowed in their current pose.

"Then you must know why i am here, i reque... I Need the Plasma Scale" Jacob stepped forward while saying this, a determined look on both his and Keith's face.

"I am sorry, but we cannot do that" The Greymanes spoke in unison "We have guarded it for centuries, if it were to fall into the wrong hands, grave consequences would ensue it will not go into any armor or weapo-"

Keith cut them off "We want to eat it" and the Greymanes stood normally, stopping whatever they were doing. Paarthurnax, spoke with slight anger, and alot of curiosity "And why would it be consumed, how would be the better question"

Jacob looked a slight bit sad at Paarthurnax "We have this friend who's come down with a very bad case of Scale Fever, he requires that Plasma Scale in a tea, or he'll die"

the other Greymanes went to meditate and do other tasks throughout the are, while Paarthurnax slowly walked towards the duo "This friend... what is his name?"

"Storm Chaser, he arrived about three hours before everything changed" Keith answered
"Indeed, there is not much that is special about this... Storm Chaser. But i do remember the last time Scale Fever turned caused a epidemic. But as i remember, simply eating the scale is not what you need." The old pony walked up to a shelf cluttered with various objects, until he grabbed a small oval-ish disc-like object that was black and had a curved teal line on it, which glowed brightly, regardless of the thick layer of dust that coated it
"This is what you need, ingesting it is what causes the sickness, i'm sure who told you that was either very misinformed, or is not to be trusted at all"
He handed the Plasma Scale to Jacob "Take care of this Plasma Scale, it is the only one left" and started to walk away when Keith tapped the old stone floor "How do we cure Storm?"

The Grand Master Greymane replied "Only in the light of a Dragon's Armor, and the Warmth of Friendship, can Scale Fever be purged completely.... About 10 hours will do"

Jacob nodded "Thank you Greybeard Paarthurnax, i enjoy your kindness and hospitality" and turned around, Plasma Scale in his inventory, and Keith following behind, they started on the long path to Markarth once again.