• Published 18th Apr 2014
  • 444 Views, 8 Comments

The Sweet Sweet Taste of Lavender - StreamlessBlueChest



Twilight Sparkle and Sweetie Belle of Equestria get captured and sailed off to another land to rescue their friends, meeting souls along the way who need their help to return Lavendarah back to its peaceful, prosperous state...

  • ...
 8
 444

Chapter 3: Honestly

Twilight squinted at the horizon. The orange smudge seemed to be running, and fast at that because the details were starting to become clear as to who this is. A small sound could have been heard from it, but nothing could be heard over the sad weeping on the pink pony, Pinkie Pie. She just kept crying and crying, recalling everything in her mind, just letting it all out.All her memories of when she should have cried, she can cry now. It was very pitiful and any pony would feel sympathetic. Including the orange smudge, which has become a bit bigger and more clearer. The orange smudge was zipping by houses and as she neared the two ponies settled outside of Sugar Cube Corner, she could hear the slightest sound of weeping. As she neared, the weeping got louder. Her heart racing, she screamed, "TWILIGHT!!". But to her dismay, the purple figure, Twilight, couldn't hear it. Determined to show that she was not a smudge, she used her reserves of speed and reached the two ponies, the sound of weeping so loud. Twilight had her head down on Pinkie's shoulder with her eyes closed. It seemed she had given up on trying to know who or what the smudge was. The orange mare was breathing heavily and managed to gasp out, "Twilight, its me..."

Twilight looked up and her face lightened up at the sight of her, but then darkened and turned sad. "A-applejack... So glad your here..."
"Twi, I'm always here for you..." Applejack said. Her gaze flicked to Pinkie Pie. "What happened to her?"

"I found her in Sugar Cube Corn-"
"How? Isn't it by the looks of it, broken?" Applejack interrupted as she looked at the crumbled bakery.

"Not when I found her... She was crying like this only softer..." the purple alicorn began to explain. This time, Applejack stayed silent. "I saw her with the dead bodies of Mr and Mrs. Cake..." Applejack's face turned to sorrowful compassion. "And we had to get out of there before it killed us..." Twilight concluded. A sparkle came form Twilight's eye as she shed a tear, remembering the events. Applejack looked down and tipped her hat, making shadow cover her eyes. Then, she took her hat off and held it to her chest, hoping that they rest in peace wherever they may go. Hat placed back on her head, she looked at Pinkie Pie. Then, she knelt down and hugged the pink pony from behind.

"Shhh shhhh shhh... its alright sugar cube...just let it all out..." Applejack coaxed. She too, didn't like to see her friends broken or shattered. Being friends meant being there through thick and thin. When you were at your highest, or your lowest. Friends would always be there until the end, never giving up on you. At least, that's what Applejack would say, considering she is the element of loyalty... but were getting off of track here. Thoughts began to poke and prod into Applejack's mind as she was embracing Pinkie Pie. She imagined being in the same situation. The thought scared her and made her shudder internally. After a few minutes, she thought better than to dwell on her own private thoughts and pay attention to her friend. She needed her most.

It seemed like minutes passed before Pinkie Pie actually stopped crying. The pink mare had gotten up and shook out her coat to rid it of excess tears and ash pieces that flew through the sky earlier. She also reached her hoof up and rubbed away all the dried up tears. Next to her, Twilight got up aswell as Applejack.

"You okay now, hun?" Applejack asked in a soft tone. Pinkie nodded. "Yes... I feel a little better now..."
"Okay, then I think we should leave." The two other mares nodded and they began to walk. They had walked for about 20 feet away from the sight something struck Applejack. She turned to her and opened her mouth to speak."Hey, uhh, Twilight? Where are we going?" Twilight stopped in her tracks, but then kept going. "Well, i guess Rarity's because Fluttershy's is a little out of our way and only I or Fluttershy could possibly reach Rainbow Dash's" Twilight concluded. "Sounds like a plan." And with that, the trio of mares went off to the Carousel Boutique to find Rarity. They knocked on her door. knock knock. no reply. They tried knocking once again. knock knock. still no reply. They had tried many times until it was almost like banging on the door. KNOCK KNOCK. Once again, no reply. Twilight was a little angered and started to back up to ram the door. Applejack put her hoof in front of Twilight signalling she should do it, and do it right. Twilight walked back to her spot and watched the orange apple pony get into position. The orange mare stood on her front legs,drew in her legs and SLLAAAAAMMMMMMM.CRAAASSSHHH went the door. Once the dust from the powerful kick had cleared, it was very clear the door had fallen. Along with half of its hinges still suck on the door, the other half on the frame.The orange body took a sigh and lifted her head up, smirking. "There ya go!"

Twilight nodded her acknowledgment and stepped into the Boutique. The inside was not very pretty. Dresses were scattered everywhere, aswell as torn fragments from other dresses. There were claw marks here and there and many of the small, crawling little bugs from before. One the floor also had a few pony carcasses. Looking at them, some were skinned. Their skinned hides hanging on pony mannequins, bloody from the skin's absorbency. Swarms of bugs crawled on the once colorful and now dull hides. The bugs were eating the skin. Near the back, lay a small broken body. Its sides still heaving with a last effort of surviving. Its shallow breaths could be heard, drifting among the rancid breeze of rotting flesh and dead bugs. Pinkie walked in second, then their came Applejack. Twilight's eyes dilated and she sped into the boutique. The horrid scents were slamming into her. She chocked on the stench, but kept perusing. Twilight skidded to a halt next tot he body, then hunkered down and gazed at the body. It's back was facing her. The purple alicorn gently placed a hoof on it's ribs and very carefully, turned the body over. Twilight gasped at the body. It had a gray coat drenched in blood and sweat. Its mane once curled, was a little uncurled, the pink and purple soaked with something to make it look like a horrid mess. While the horn had a small incision on the side. It whimpered and opened its eyes slowly. A green tint came from them, getting wider. It opened its eyes wide and opened its mouth more than it was. In side the little pony's mouth was blood and a strange pink substance. It took a deep shuttering breath in, then out. Then in again and heaving out with a last ditch effort. "T-t-twi-liight?" it rasped and then lied its head down, unconscious.

Author's Note:

This is my first full-length MLP fiction!
I would really appreciate it if you read
Because I have so many ideas