• Published 18th Apr 2014
  • 444 Views, 8 Comments

The Sweet Sweet Taste of Lavender - StreamlessBlueChest



Twilight Sparkle and Sweetie Belle of Equestria get captured and sailed off to another land to rescue their friends, meeting souls along the way who need their help to return Lavendarah back to its peaceful, prosperous state...

  • ...
 8
 444

Chapter 2: Laughter is the best medicine

"Pinkie Pie!" Twilight gasped. She galloped to her pink friend's side, since she didn't notice her when she gasped.Once at her side, Twilight saw a tear roll down that pink cheek, sparkling and twinkling as it reached her chin and dripped off. "Pinkie... wh-what happened?"

Pinkie Pie looked up at her friend, eyes swollen and puffy form crying. She held her friend's gaze for a minute, and hung her head back down and looked at the dead head of Mrs. Cake. "I-i-i... I loved her... loved her like she was my mother..." The pink pony stuttered. Pinkie cried a tear again. It fell and landed on the blue cheek of the poor gashed mare. Her eyes were closed and her mouth hung open. Her tongue had dried blood from when it dripped out of her mouth. Her teeth had a red-ish color to them from the blood going through er teeth and cascading along her gums. Twilight was appalled once again. She lifted her gaze to the gash and resisted the urge to throw up. The gash was considerably large with pinks and purples and reds, lots and lots of red. The gash was still bleeding, but was drying out because of the lack of a beating heart. A horrid scent wafted to her nose. Of blood and rotting flesh. 'Something tells me... this has been like this for a while... considering the stench' Twilight tried to conclude in her mind. When she was thinking, she was so deep in though that when she saw her friend Pinkie, she was terrified. Her eyes were poised on her chest. Twilight looks in confusion until she looks down.

There was an army of bugs swarming and climbing up her legs. They had black beady eyes, while their shell was a mixture of blues and blacks and purples. Antennas stick out of their tiny heads and sharp fangs sprout from their heads. They were clicking and hissing as the climbing up her legs. A scent was coming from them: Pungent, Stinking, and Rotten. That, and the scent of pony flesh from probably Mrs.Cake's body; Or Mr.Cake. Twilight flicks her eyes around and found the source. Quickly, she used her levitation powers to rid of the bugs. They stuck on her coat like fleas cause they were in fact, fleas. Well, more or less possessed fleas. Their tiny maws started to spew some kind of pink liquid that seemed to be like a sticky substance. It too had a stench. The smell was considerably better than the bugs stench themselves. This freaked out Pinkie, but more Twilight because they were on her flesh. She panicked and started to hyperventilate. But then, she got an idea that might work.'I'm sorry Mrs. Cake!' she thought as she reached and closed Mrs.Cake's Mouth with such force, she heard a dull crushing sound. Soon, the bugs stopped massing and fell to the ground, dead.

Twilight breathed a sigh of relief. But relief didn't come for a party. It left right then and there when more boards above started to creak. Twilight whipped her head to the boards above her. Her eyes dilated as she knew what was gong to happen. "Pinkie, we have to get out of here!"

"But Twilight, what about my par-"
"Forget about the bodies! This place is caving in!" Twilight screamed. Pinkie's face had a torn look, but that soon evaporated and nodded. Soon,the two ponies are racing out of the falling building, dodging planks of wood, splinters, and shards of broken glass. Not to mention nails aswell. The creaking was getting louder and crashing noises sounded behind them. In slow motion, they jumped out and landed on the dirt streets of ponyville in present motion just as the whole of the building crashed down. Pinkie got up quickly, and looked at the places she lived for a major part of her life. Her eyes started to water. Twilight got up and stood next to pinkie soon after. "P-pinkie... I-i-i...I'm so sorry..." Twilight said as she softened her tone from before, her eyes sympathetic and concerned extremely. This scene would continue to haunt Pinkie the rest of her life. It devastated Twilight to see her friend in distress now, and later in life. The purple alicorn lifted her hoof and put it on the pink pony's shoulder. "I know you wanted to save the bodies, but you would have died in there... If you died, they could never forgive themselves..."Pinkie kept her gaze on the house a little longer, and hanged her head. "yeah.. I-i know..."

"If you want me to... I could cremate them..." Twilight offered. Pinkie thought this through, then nodded and replied with a soft, horse yes. Twilight then sprouted a flame from her horn and put it on the building. Once it touched the wood, it blazed into a mighty fire. Both Twilight and Pinkie stood there, watching the fire burn the bakery, while also taking care of the bodies. The wood was making that clicking sound. Crashes sounded as the rest of the wood collapsed in the burning heap. A loud hissing sound erupted from the Bakery as the bugs were being burned to a crisp, their tiny bodies turning to ash. A small dot in the sky erupted from the flames and flew away fast. Twilight and Pinkie were too concentrated on the center of the flame to notice it. After what felt like minutes, Pinkie nodded again and Twilight turned the whole place into a smoldering ash heap. It was rather large and smelled of burned wood, flesh, and dead bugs. It was a sight no pony should ever endure. Finally, Pinkie couldn't take it anymore and collapsed on the ground in a crying fit. Twilight went down to Pinkie and hugged her as she cried. She cried and cried until there were no more tears to shed. Twilight looked up in the direction of Sweet Apple Aches and something peculiar was spotted. An Orange smudge was nearing her and Pinkie.

Author's Note:

This is my first full-length MLP fiction!
I would really appreciate it if you read
Because I have so many ideas