• Published 15th Apr 2014
  • 993 Views, 76 Comments

Derpy Needs A Date! - Eclipse LunarSol



Carrot Top was worried about Derpy. She was a single mother with no one to help her out when she needed it. Her eyes didn't help either. What stallion found Derpy Hooves cute?

  • ...
5
 76
 993

First Date

"What are you getting at Carrot Top?" Derpy balanced her filly on her extended foreleg, her eyes indicating she was paying attention to both the mare in the chair in front of her and also keeping an eye on her little muffin."All I'm saying Derpy is that you need to get back into the dating scene." Derpy stared questionably at her. Carrot Top sighed."What would you do when Dinky finally understands she'll potentially never have the gift of two parents? What about when she asks about her father?" This last statement made a pressure build up behind her eyes."Sorry Derpy. I shouldn't have mentioned. . .him."

"I-it's okay Carrot, I just thought I would get over him by now. P-please continue."

"You sure Derpy? I don't want to see you cry. Again. . ." She nodded."Okay. So, I was thinking maybe me and the girls could go on a little stallion hunt and find suitable colts for you to go on blind dates with. Not so blind for the stallion though. I will be telling them as much as I can about you."

"That's sounds perfect actually, Carrot. It's sounds a bit fun and exciting. But make sure to tell me a little bit about the stallion first though."

"No promises Derpy. After all, it wouldn't be a blind date then, would it?"

Derpy chuckled at her best friends stubbornness over the subject. Just typical Carrot Top. So when are we -I mean you- going to start 'hunting'?"

"Tomorrow."

"TOMORROW?!" She almost dropped Dinky."Yes Derpy, tomorrow. The soone, the better! We must get you a stallion before Hearts and Hooves Day." Derpy sighed once more. This cannot end well for me. . . Derpy thought to herself, shaking her head.


As Carrot Top left Derpy's house, FYI was on the ground, she was met with the curious faces of Lyra and Bon Bon."So, did she agree?"

"Yes she did girls! Ooh, this will be so exciting! Just think, you and me! Picking and choosing from the uptight to the laid back colts of Ponyville!"

"I'm glad that Derpy is back in the dating world. She will finally settle down with a kind hearted, loyal companion that will stick with her and help out with Dinky. Trust me, when I foalsitted for her last month," Bon Bon grimaced at the memory."it was not pretty."

Carrot Top grinned widely."So are we going to stand here, or are we going to find that handsome stallion?!" The trio hoofbumped. "Yes we are!"


So, what stallions look available and eager for a date before Hearts and Hooves Day? The trio all thought this while sitting at an oversized toadstool shaped table. It seemed all the good looking and/or stallions with decent personality's were taken by either worthy mares or gold diggers.

Lyra sighed."I wish Derpy could've been a happy couple with her old coltfriend, like me and Bon Bon."

"Oh, Lyra. Not everypony is as luck-spoiled as we are in love." Bon Bon nuzzled her marefriend."Girls. Remember, we're looking for a stallion to date Derpy so she can have a loving maybe husband and father for Dinky! Keep looking and/or thinking about the suitable stallions that we can set up a date with for her!" They all re-hoofbumped.


After about half an hour later, Lyra was the first to snap."This is just hopeless girls! The stallions we do find aren't good enough and the ones that seem okay have a douchebag personality!"

"Patience, Lyra! We just need to keep loo- Hey. What about him?"

Bon Bon answered for her."Who Caramel? Yeah he seems alright. He was never one to care about a mares looks really. He's a bit a marenizer but he has a good heart and can be a good pal if things don't work out."

"Well I guess he's our first try! You girls go talk to him and convince him to try a date with Derpy while I make a reservation for both of them!"

They all hoofbumped and departed on the assignments.


Date: Good
Stallion: Caramel Bronzehoof
Location: The Black Tulip

"So you said you're name was. . . Caramel right?"

"Yes, that is correct."

"Well you have such a wonderful name that's for sure, Caramel!"

"Thank you for the flattery Miss Doo, but I should bestow that onto you." The pair shared a nice laugh. This is going perfectly. I wonder why I never did this before Carrot suggested it these past seven years? Caramel's lovely pearly white grin clashed lightly with the darkly decorated restaurant.

"You said you own a horseshoe making shop not too far from here?"

"Yes, I do. Working with all the heat and tough metal almost everyday. It's what gave me these muscles that are the second best in Ponyville!" Derpy's grin slightly faltered. She did not like an arrogant stallion. She tried to wash off the feeling of rejecting the colt for only complimenting himself, but it didn't stop bothering her.

"So, Ms. Doo and Mr. Bronzehoof, have you both decided on your dinner and/or dessert for the evening?" Perfect! Dinner and dessert will get my mind off rejecting him. He's a kindhearted, loyal stal- Derpy's train of thought was cut off by the loud yelling of presumably a mare in the front of the resturant, but almost inaudible from the distance."I don't care. . . .Caramel. . . .he will pay for. . . . Derpy gulped. She had heard once that Caramel had a reputation for dating multiple mares, but brushed it off while on the date.

Derpy chose to retreat and not get into a catfight."U-u-umm s-sorry Caramel, but oh! Look at the time!" Derpy pretended to check a watch that wasn't there."I should go home and do my routine with Dinky and tuck her into bed!" Derpy laughed nervously and quickly made haste out of the establishment, past the screaming mare, and burst out the door before any commotion could be caused on her fault.


"Carrot Top! He was a player! A marenizer! Why would you set me up with him!?" Derpy wailed in a booth inside Sugarcube Corner."S-sorry Derpy. It's just. . .he seemed like a such good stallion when Bon Bon and Lyra were talking with him. We thought he had broken up with his other marefriends and perfectly single."

Carrot Top sighed."Look, Derpy, I promise we will not get you set up with another player and only a single stallion. Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye." Derpy wiped away her tears."Okay. . .but you owe me!" Carrot Top brought up her hooves defensively."Okay Derpy, I re-Pinkie Promise." The PFFs hugged and left Sugarcube Corner laughing and joking with wide grins. Oh yeah, and Derpy with a full saddlebag of lemon surprise muffins.

Author's Note:

I feel like a copier somehow. Is that wrong? I simply wrote this for fun. . .