• Published 11th Apr 2014
  • 1,028 Views, 24 Comments

I Promise - pokeking95



A few snapshots of Lyra's and Lightning's sisterhood over the years.

  • ...
1
 24
 1,028

To Belong

“So, how was your first day at Mi Amore Cadenza’s Academy for the Musically Talented?”

“Hmph.”

“Not so good?”

“No! So many stuck-up foals… I can tell school’s gonna be a pain.”

“Stuck-up foals?”

“Yeah! They think they’re soooo much better than me just ‘cuz they’ve been playing instruments way longer than me and they all speak fancy and stuff!”

“Well, that’s not right! They haven’t been making fun of you, right?”

“I can handle it, Lyra! I may not have a horn, and I can’t play an instrument so good, but I’m not a useless, blank-flanked flying rat!”

“What? Have they been calling you names?”

“I said I can handle it! I told ‘em to give their best shot, ‘cuz they’ll be sorry when I’m at the top, not them! I’ll get the most awesome cutie mark ever! I’m better than all of ‘em put together! I’ll show ‘em! I’ll show ‘em that I’m not… useless… b-blank-flank…”

“Aw, Lightning Dust, don’t cry. Don’t listen to what any of those foals say. You’re better than any of them, and you’ll show them eventually. I know you can—”

“L-Lyra? I… I’m not adopted, right?”

“…What?”

“I’m not a-adopted… right?”

“…Did they…?”

“…Uh huh. Th-Those foals… they told me that it m-makes no sense for a p-pegasus to come from a unicorn family, s-so I have to be adopted. B-But I know you’re my sister, and Mom and Dad have been Mom and Dad since forever, so I c-can’t be a-adopted, right?”

“I…”

“…Lyra? Please tell me I’m not a-adopted. Please tell me y-you’re my big sister, and M-Mom and Dad are Mom and Dad. P-Please tell me I’m part of the family.”

“Lightning Dust, do not listen to what any of those nasty foals are saying about you. You are one-hundred percent my sister. I remember the day Mom and Dad brought you home from the hospital. Even if you are a pegasus, you definitely belong in our family, okay? Promise me you won’t ever think you don’t belong. Promise me.”

“…Okay, Lyra. I-I promise.”