• Published 11th Apr 2014
  • 1,028 Views, 24 Comments

I Promise - pokeking95



A few snapshots of Lyra's and Lightning's sisterhood over the years.

  • ...
1
 24
 1,028

Enough is Enough

“Lightning? Are you okay? Have you been… crying?”

“Go away, Lyra! And no, I wasn’t crying!”

“You’re a terrible liar, Dusty. Come on. What happened?”

“None of your business, Lyra!”

“My sister locked herself in her room for hours and had been crying all that time, so I’m pretty sure what’s happened is definitely part of my business.”

“Just go away!”

“Come on, Dusty. Please tell me. Is this about your audition for the Junior Canterlot Philharmonic earlier today? Did it not turn out okay? You’ll feel better if you talk. Maybe if I could understand—“

“You understand? YOU understand?! How could YOU understand, huh? YOU’RE the ‘perfect one’ between the two of us! YOU’RE at the top of your class! YOU’RE the musical prodigy! YOU’RE the one that never messes up! Mom and Dad love YOU! NOT ME! THEY’LL NEVER LOVE ME!”

“But Lightning—“

“NO! SHUT UP! JUST GO AWAY! That audition was my last chance, Lyra! My last chance to please them! Just because I’m a pegasus and can’t play that bucking flute to save my life and can only barely pass my classes doesn’t mean I’m a failure! I don’t care what Mom and Dad say! They say I don’t try but that’s not true! I try, Lyra! I swear to Faust I try, but no matter what it’s just not bucking enough…”

“Lightning—“

“THEY DON’T SEE ME FOR ME, LYRA! NOPONY DOES! All they see is some letdown pegasus freak whose perfect unicorn sister is better than her in every single bucking way!

“I—“

“I HATE YOU LYRA! I WISH I WASN’T YOUR SISTER!”

“I… I…”

“…YOU WHAT?!”

“…”

“…Just go, Lyra. Leave me alone.”