• Published 8th Apr 2014
  • 958 Views, 46 Comments

A Princedom Divided - Book 1 of The Princess and Her Guard Duology - Moonlit Novel



The Princess of the night falls for her personal guard, and their relationship grows. It also leads to a revolt, one that shattered the once great Princedom of Equestria. So Rises the NLR in a desperate attempt to protect ponies of Equestria

  • ...
11
 46
 958

Chapter Four: The Throes of Passion are Just as Dangerous

Chapter Four: The Throes of Passion are Just as Dangerous

Luna stood there stock still as I kissed her, oh as soon as I pulled away I knew she was going to kill me, I knew it in my very bones, but for right now I was going to enjoy this. No I did not go any deeper than that gentle kiss, nor did I take any other liberties. Pulling away I was ready to be slapped, to be yelled at, something other than for her to pull me back into another kiss, albeit this one only lasted a few seconds before she blinked and realized what she had done and pushed me away.

“How dare you!? How dare you kiss me!?” she shouted but not loud enough for her voice to be heard, which surprised me, “Y-you actually kissed me!” she stumbled and I couldn't help but smile.

“You pulled me back for seconds” I pointed out and she glared at me for a second before her gaze softened

“You still kissed me” she responded and I rolled my eyes.

“And the moon is round, anything else you'd like to comment on?” I asked trying to break the cycle

“Why?” was the only answer and I swallowed, my mouth dry all of a sudden but never the less I still pressed on

“Because you were asking me to kill you, without a thought as to who you would be leaving behind, you were asking me to violate my oath, and for what? An escape?” I said and Luna bit her lip obviously confused at my reasoning, so I pressed on, “I kissed you because I love you because I don't want to lose you, to Tartarus with what the Minotaurs think! Let them come the Lunar Guard would gladly give their lives to defend you”

“WHAT IF I DON'T WANT THEM TO DIE FOR ME!?” she yelled and I shook my head, searching for a non-confrontational way to explain, to tell her, to show her that we would do anything to keep her safe... “What if I want you to live a long happy life without the threat of war?” she whispered and I frowned

“That's damned selfish of you” I concluded and she looked at me shocked, not that I had cursed, I had done that before.

“How-”

“Think about it, Luna, we swore that we would give our lives to protect you, and you would take away our choice to defend you? You would take away our right to choose?”

“So you would choose to die?! You would killed yourselves!?” she started but I shook my head

“It wouldn't be our first choice, but it is our duty to support you, and to protect you” I said and she looked at me, taking a chance I kissed her once more and was pleasantly surprised when she kissed back.

“Why?” she asked quietly and I didn't respond, I just kissed her again...

We never went farther than kissing, but... No, no buts, I was and am happy about that fact, we kissed and snuggled with each other sitting against the interior wall of the watch tower, which had no stairs—Just so you know Luna always levitated me up there, so her and I could keep one another company. Soon though... All too soon, she had to get up and leave me while she started to lower the moon and her sister rose the sun to take its place. As we left the tower, Luna Levitating me down safely, her sister walked up to her.

“Dear sister, I-” Luna ignored her and walked away, and me being the dutiful guard followed after her, at least that is what it looked like to Princess Celestia. As we grew closer to Luna's bedchamber Luna seemed to be a little more uncomfortable.

“Moonlit, I-” she started and I gave her a small smile as we arrived at her door

“Sleep well, Luna” I said and she smiled at me grateful at my response even though I had interrupted her.

“You too, Moonlit” she said before kissing me lightly once on the cheek, and then again on the lips, though the second was a little more lingering. “I expect you to be back here tonight, Moonlit, and I expect you to keep calm when I talk to my sister at dawn tomorrow” I looked at her confused, had I not been calm, or at least quiet, every time she had talked with her sister? Luna giggled a little at my confusion, “What I plan on talking to her about will get very heated, and the last thing either my sister or I need is for it to come to blows between our respective guards” I nodded my assessment but that did not mean I was happy about it. Call me paranoid, but I had a feeling that was exactly what was going to happen. Giving me on last lingering kiss Luna slipped into her room and closed the doors, I took this chance to look around and noticed that no one was around. Inside I was leaping for joy, screaming at the top of my lungs that Princess Luna, my Princess Luna, was falling for me. On the outside though I kept a calm exterior, the last thing either her or I needed was for me to lose my head, probably literally, about this... Development? No that made it sound like, well unponylike... Well whatever it was called, I would keep calm about it. At least until I was alone with her once more in the tower. So with those thoughts racing around in my head I walked back to the barracks as there was no need for me to go all the way back to my home when there were beds I could use without straying too far away...

When I got to the barracks several Lunar Guardsponies glared at me, either jealous of something or another, or upset that I was disturbing their sleep.

“Any orders sir?” asked one of the Lunar Guard and I frowned, I had not given any orders since the arrests of two of the Solar Guard after the Grand Galloping Gala.

“What do you mean? Have I been giving you lot orders?” I asked my confusion bleeding into my voice, the looks of surprise on their face answered my question for me and I scowled, “Who has been giving you my orders?” I asked and they pointed to a Lunar Guardspony who was sleeping on a chair the scowl on my face grew and I turned to them, “Arrest him, and make sure that the Solar Guard knows that he is not to be touched, I'll ask Princess Luna to deal with him after she awakens. Now I need to get some sleep, and from now on if the orders do not come directly from me, do not assume I am actually ordering you to do something”

“You'll ask Princess Luna to deal with him?” one of the other Lunar Guardsponies asked and I nodded

“The Lunar Guard are her responsibility, she would be very cross if I didn't inform her of this and let her come to a decision herself” I responded as I removed my armor and climbed onto the cot closed my eyes and knew no more...

Later that evening I woke up with a start, and upon realizing what time it was I cutting it close. So I quickly, but not so quickly as to put my armor on wrong, got ready for duty...

“You sure are cutting it close” said Blue Star teasingly as she grabbed her armor and started to dress herself not caring about the fact I was in the room, as per usual, I rolled my eyes as I slipped the last piece of my armor on and started to head out of the room, “Have a good evening lover-boy” I froze.

“Excuse me?” I asked and Blue Star just winked at me and struck a pose as I turned to her

“You heard me, have a good evening,” she said and I started for the door once more, “lover-boy” and this time I scowled

“Why are you-” I started and she giggled

“Why not? Your reactions are hilarious” she said, my scowl grew, but never-the-less I still left the barracks shaking my head.

- - -

“Idiot...” said Blue Star sadly as she watched Moonlit exit the barracks, “Going after someone you could never get...”

- - -

I made it to Luna's bed chambers with time to spare and knocked on the door.

“Who calls?” was the reply from within it was Luna's voice

“It's Moonlit” I replied and the door flew open and Luna pulled me in shutting the door behind me. Pressing me against the door Luna had a smile on her face before letting me go.

“Luna? What was that about?” I asked her and she just smirked before kissed my cheek confused but never the less intrigued by how she was acting. At least until she started to laugh at me and my reaction. I was about to say something when she kissed me once more, this time lightly on the lips. “You are very forwards this evening” I managed to say before I leaned in and kissed her but she pulled away after a very short kiss.

“Maybe I am, Moonlit,” she responded before sighing, “Maybe I am...” she said stepping back and shook her head, “Sorry, I thought...”

“Luna, is something wrong?” I asked taking a step towards her, only for her to take a step back

“I shouldn't have pushed you, I'm sorry. Even though you are my guard, I should not have made you feel like you were obligated to...”

“To kiss you, Luna?” I asked and she bit her lip and nodded. I laughed lightly, “Luna, I have told you before, I have loved you since I was but a little colt, and I do not have any tribulation about kissing you what so ever, regardless of the regulations that are placed on the Lunar Guard” I said a smile on my face, and Luna smiled back obviously calming down.

“I'm sorry, I am starting my heat cycle so it is a little harder for me to concentrate on the proper etiquette of a princess, harder than it was the last heat cycle” Luna said though it did seem like she kept stealing glances at me.

“When did it start?” I asked worried that last-

“It started just today, and it will last a few weeks as usual for a mare” she responded and for a second I felt down but she stayed silent a small smile on her face before it clicked

“Just today, meaning last night?” I said dry swallowing

“Yes, Moonlit, last night was all me” she didn't have to say anymore before I cleared the space separating us and pulled her into a hug, oh how I wanted to kiss her again, but right now, I was not going to risk it, a mare going through heat was not something you wanted to test. I soon let her go and she gave me an appreciative smile before she opened the door cautiously and she and I headed towards the tower just as the sun was getting ready to set. Luna and I came across her sister in courtyard, and this time Luna hugged her, “I am sorry, my sister, I was, and still am, angry about the fact you kept me in the dark, you owe my life to my personal guard it seems, he saved me from myself” she said and I shifted uncomfortably at the recognition.

“Dear guardspony, are you alright?” asked Celestia and I shuffled a bit and Luna giggled

“Don't worry, dear sister, Novel just found out I am starting my heat cycle, and, apparently he had feelings for me since before he ever met me” Luna giggled, “Moonlit is very much stuck between a rock and a very hard place” said Luna with a gleaming eye looking towards me and I blushed at the innuendo she just used, it was also a valid description of my current predicament, so the innuendo may very well get by unexposed by anyone who did not know Luna as well as myself or... Damn it...

“SISTER! Are you teasing your poor guard!?” asked Princess Celestia and Luna just grinned mischievously making her sister chuckle slightly before turning a worried glance to me, “Novel was it? Are you sure you will be able to control yourself?” I frowned and stood still not squirming anymore

“Your Highness, I will protect Luna with my life if I have to, I am not about to abuse this position to do anything she does not wish me to do” I said with a firm voice only to realize I had just called her... DAMN IT!

“Luna is it? I see you have been taking some liberties after all little Guardspony” teased Celestia and Luna groaned and spoke up saving me some face, if not a lot of it.

“Liberties I gave to him, my sister, I asked him to just call me Luna” she said but Celestia continued a glimmer of laughter in her eyes

“And you would abuse your position for anything she does wish you to do?” Celestia continued and I blushed but still spoke in a steady voice, although now there was a hard glint in my eye, Luna's sister or not, Princess Celestia was treading on very unstable grounds right now.

“I will do anything she asks, save any order that would place her in danger” I said and Luna stepped between me and her sister.

“Come now, sister, are we really going to upset my personal guard, especially when he has done nothing wrong?” she asked albeit very firmly in a tone that brooked no argument.

“I suppose not. Though I do wonder what you mean by, 'Any order' Moonlit” Celestia said and I frowned saying nothing.

“Sister, leave him be, he has done nothing I haven't asked him to do, except when he saved me from myself, and that was when I...” Luna drifted off and gave me a look that told me not to say a word. “Sister, we need to preform our duties before the ponies start wondering why the sun and moon have not switched places” Luna said changing the subject quickly, and with one that was urgent enough to warrant the sudden change

“Yes, we do... Forgive me Moonlit but I must insi-” Celestia started

“He stays, he has already seen me organize the stars, seeing me rise the moon isn't much different”

“Do you not remember that I will be there as well?” asked Celestia and Luna laughed lightly

“Do you think he has eyes for any other mare in this courtyard but myself? Don't think so highly of yourself, sister, some ponies do enjoy my night sky, and I like to remind myself of that every so often, he stays” said Luna forcefully, so forcefully it surprised both me and her sister.
“Is something going on between you and my sister?” asked Celestia and I said nothing, which was as much as an admission as saying something may have been to her. “I see, well do not forget your oath guardspony” she said a small amount of venom in her voice and right before I could say a word a purple sheen covered my body, the telltale sign of Luna using her magic to levitate me as she flew up to the tower, her sister right behind her...

Intense... That was all I can say about the experience, the amount of magic that flew off of them, the amount of... Sensuality that seemed to flow off of Luna as she beckoned the moon into the sky, this was nothing like the times the raised or lowered their respective celestial bodies during events, and Luna was right, my eyes never did leave her. Something her sister caught on to as after they had finished, a lavender sheen covered me long enough to turn me toward Princess Celestia.

“Don't you dare. Don't you dare fall in love with her, in the end you will only hurt her, and I will have to pick up the pieces once again!” she said quietly but viciously my dazed look changed so quickly, my calm demeanor gone, shadow magic, like that taught to all Lunar Guard Unicorn flung out just as viciously

You dare tell me a Lunar Guardspony what to do!? My loyalty is to Princess Luna first and foremost, and you do not have the right to tell me what to do. I love her and I will be damned to the deepest parts of Tartarus before I betray her. If she wants me then she will have me” I snarled, I hadn't even reached for my blade, and Luna was stunned at my reaction to whatever her sister had said, and Celestia was stunned at my reaction, completely, “I will never hold any loyalty to someone who tells someone not to follow their heart, just because they don't want to deal with what happens at the inevitable point of a pony's life” my tendrils of shadow magic slowly starting to slink towards Celestia when-

“MOONLIT!” shouted Luna and I snapped out of it, all that rage that was consuming dissipated and I released the magic I was stunned at my own reaction, I took a step back but Luna grabbed me and held me in place, “Moonlit, calm down!”

“I-I-I didn't mean-Luna, I am sorry, I just reacted, something snapped in me” I said as I broke her grip gently and took another step back. Anger, I had been angry before, but something about what Celestia had said, no... It was more than that... It was how she said it, as if... I dunno... There was something wrong in how she said it

“LUNA! Get away from him! He's dangerous!” said Celestia and that anger rose again so quickly it took hold once more

DANGEROUS!? I am no more dangerous to her than a drop of water!” I said angrily the tendrils appearing once more

“MOONLIT! STAND DOWN!” That was it, an order from Luna, and not one that endangered her, I wrestled the anger inside of me, beat it down until I had control and I released the shadow magic but remained glaring at her sister. I wasn't the only one Luna was glaring at her as well, “Sister, understand me, if he was a danger to myself I would have found out about it before now”

“But he is! The worst kind of danger, he loves you, and if you fall for him you'll only be setting yourself up for more pain, more heartbreak!” argued Celestia

“That is my choice, not yours” Luna said through gritted teeth

“Sister! You saw what he did, he threatened me” said Celestia trying to make her sister see things her way but to no avail as Luna just scowled at her before turning to me

“Kill me” she said and I look at her wide eyed and took another step back shaking my head, “You heard me Moonlit, KILL ME!” she commanded

“Never” I replied forcefully and Celestia's eyes widened at my reply, apparently she fully expected me to obey the order, to give her a solid basis on which to base her argument, well I wasn't going to give it to her...

Author's Note:

OK SHOUTOUT TIME!

OK I have been reading a similar story, "Princess Luna(an Immortal) falls in love with a mortal" story, and I actually got the idea about the tendrils from that story and I want to give a shout out to the writer of that story, and to the story itself, kudzuhaiku being the author, and To Dance in Shadow is the story :twilightsmile: read it if you have got the time, it does follow a darker aspect compared to mine, but never the less I think it is a great story