• Published 5th Apr 2014
  • 1,258 Views, 21 Comments

Brighter Than The Sun - ThePrinceOfTheNorth



Twilight isn't Twilight, and hasn't been for a very long time...

  • ...
9
 21
 1,258

Chapter 3: Friendship is Magic

Chapter 3

Whlie she felt very happy for the changeling, Night Light and Twilight Velvet, there was something that she still wanted to know. "If I may ask, how exactly did you survive all those years? You had to eat something, right?"

Twilight nodded lowering her eyes she looked to the floor. "Right. I had to eat and we changelings eat love. That never changed." She looked back up, into Celestia's eyes. "But I never forced them to give me love. All the love that kept me alive was the love they shared with me that they would otherwise have shared with their real daughter."

Celestia nodded, her ears perked as she heard the sound of the door to the library being opened.

Two Royal Guards came in followed by a very distraught Shinning Armor. He looked as though an Ursa Minor had stepped on him. This worried Twilight, as she'd never seen her big brother this distraught.

"Shiny," Twilight said in a tiny voice, trying to not aggrivate him, as her changeling senses could tell he could go off like a volcano.

He looked at Twilight, Night Light and Twilight Velvet, who were hugging her, and lowered his jaw slightly before he could speak. "You...you're Twilight?"

Twilight just curled up tighter into a ball, preparing for the onslaught that she knew would come the moment she answered. "Yes," she said in a voice tinier than even Fluttershy could manage.

He began to slowly walk towards her. She couldn't read his emotions in her growing panic, and just started whimpering. He stopped right in front of her, at which point she closed her eyes tightly, and then ws let go of by Night Light and Twilight Velvet. She readied for the onslaught of hits and screams she was sure were coming...but they never came.

Twilight suddenly felt strong forehooves wrap around her in a loving embrace. Confused, she opened her eyes to see Shining Armor hugging her and crying tears of sadness and joy. "Twilight meant everything to me, so so do you."

Twilight, crying as well, hugged him back. This went on for a few minutes, and touche the heart of everypony and person in the library. Finally they ended their embrace.

"I'll always be here for you, no matter what," Shining said, "I love you, little sis."

Twilight looked up at Shining. "I love you too, big bro."

After awhile, things began to settle down, and Twilights friends began to adjust to the idea of a changeling for a friend, which particularly interested Rarity, who was smiling at Twilight.

"Why are you smiling like that?" Twilight asked, dabbing her cheeks.

"You know what incredible chance this is?" she squealed. "I'm the first pony who will ever make a dress for a changeling!" She clopped her hooves.

"No, you won't," Celestia said with a sad smile, "a pony five hundred years ago made one for an ambassador. You will be the second."

Rarity's smile weakened a little bit but returned to the bright glee after a moment. "Well then, the second. Still, this is a chance of a lifetime!" She looked at Twilight with a friendly, warm expression.

"So I was right!" Rainbow Dash suddenly exclaimed, flying into the air, and startling all the ponies in the room. "She IS a spy!" She smiled, slowly flying down and nudging Twilight with a big smile. "But you are our spy" after the words had escaped her mouth she looked like she felt out of place. "Told you!" she exclaimed folding her front legs before her chest.

"Um, I-it might be a little strange-" Fluttershy's voice was almost unhearable and she was still hiding her face behind her mane. "B-but I never had a chance to have a changeling as a friend." She was wearing a weak smile.

"I knew it aaaaaaaaall the time" Pinkie chirped, bouncing up and down. "You taste different!" Looking at the confused expressions, her smile widens. "Remember that day Luna came to town and scared us all and you put your hoof in my mouth to tell me that nothing bad would happen? Your hoof tastes different than any other hooves." She giggled. Scratching her chin she looked at Twilight. "Yours tastes more like tomatoes than grass. Or maybe more like brocooli than tomatoes? Vanilla icing than chocolate cream?"

"Ya could have told us!" Applejack exclaimed, ignoring Pinkie's rambling and taking a step closer to Twilight. "I didn't even know what a changeling was before the invasion." She embraced Twilight, a big smile on her face. The others quickly followed Applejacks example and cuddled up in one big group hug.

"We love you!" her friends said in a choir, tightening their embrace.

"And I love you girls" Twilight smiled.

Winter smiled at the sight before him. This clearly dictated one of his, one of my, most important philosophies:

Most good things come to an end,
but some things don't.
That's because true friendship burns brighter than even the sun,
and that's because true friendship really is magic.

Comments ( 18 )

4187583
Spelling errors? I'll need to those.

I know I have read this story before, you just made some slight alterations to it. I find this highly inappropriate.

4188131
Hey! I asked first!:trixieshiftright:
So much for the novelty of making myself cry reading my own story...did I just post that?
:facehoof::facehoof::facehoof::facehoof::facehoof::facehoof:

Sorry I didn't see in the description that you said it was based off the other persons story.

4188864
It's okay. Everypony makes mistakes. It would be rude not to forgive such a minor oversight.
So, do you like the story?:pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:
And yeah, I really did cry a bit after reading through the last chapter, and yes, it uses excerpts from the original, but I WAS given permission to do so from Dradavar. I just really liked the way it was done, and could not improve the wording. I must admit, despite this, the story I came up with flows nicely. Plus no Shining Armor break-down!

4188905 I did prefer that Shining did not go off the deep end, like he did in the other one

4188961
And that is today's friendship lesson.:twilightsmile:
Well, that's what I'm all about, happy endings. And nobody can make sure there is one like I, John Winter, can. (John Winter is the OC that is essentially me, or my embodiment. I mean, wouldn't you want to rule your own kingdom in the MLP Universe? I did, and the went through with it! The Kingdom of Solstice, far to the North of Equestria, past The Crystal Empire...I'm rambling, aren't !? But anyway, before I stop, the Capitol is Solstice. Okay, rant over.)

4189284
Must I repeat myself...:facehoof:
I was GIVEN PERMISSION by Dradavar to use Amethyst Sheen and excerpts from the original. The goal was to end with a happy ending, and the only way to do that was to add my avatar OC to intervene. Okay?:ajbemused:
Also, I'm pretty sure Chapter 1 here was all hand-typed, not copy and pasted, so as a whole, it's not remotely a copy, as there are many other places I hand-typed. But I suppose even the nicest people, such as myself, cannot please everybody...

...but...

:twilightangry2::flutterrage:DOES NOBODY LIKE HAPPY ENDINGS ANYMORE!:flutterrage::twilightangry2:

..other than a select few?

4189323 I liked it mate this and the original they both made me shed manly tears:pinkiesad2:

4199943

You will laugh:rainbowlaugh:

You will love:twilightsmile:

You will bawl your eyes out with tears of joy!:raritystarry::raritycry::raritystarry::raritycry::raritystarry::raritycry::raritystarry::raritycry:

Because true Friendship is Brighter Than The Sun

Hmm, an excellent quote!

4202779
Will fix the mistakes in grammar.
As for the copy and pasting, I'm not going to repeat myself a third time.:ajbemused:

4189323 I found it beautiful and I do love happy endings.

4856270 Maybe someone who has a sick and morbid sense of humor.

we all want final happy, but put him some personal touch...
a reason... like snow the wise thing, something like that not alone as you admitted short and hits, this well that you wanted and taenias the authorization to make it. but it can improve luck in the next one, meanwhile I read the other ones that you have.. xD

6563397
Uh.... I have no idea what you just said....

Login or register to comment