• Published 6th Apr 2014
  • 7,080 Views, 149 Comments

Death vs Harmony - The Zebra Hybrid



The horseman, Death, has revived humanity by falling in to the well of souls but he didn't know that the well was a portal to different demensions and now Death is stranded on a strange land.

  • ...
47
 149
 7,080

The Gala

Ponyville

The carriage came to a brief stop in Ponyville as ponies around looked in awe. The mane six and Cadence stepped out with their faces green trying not to puke. The ponies looked in silence as they saw Cadence step out followed by Death. Death then looks at the crowd as the crowd stares back.

Silence.

That's how it was for five minutes, then a loud applause roared from the crowed making the eight jump back in surprise as they heard ponies cheer comments in delight of the return of their princess.

"Can you believe the Princess of Love is back!?"

"Maybe that creature brought her back?"

"Can I have his autograph?"

"Does he know anything about humans?"

The eight stood there as camera flashes blinded them. Twilight then noticed a familiar purple dragon making his way through the crowd.

"Twilight!" he yelled as he embraced the purple alicorn.

"Spike, I missed you so much." answered back Twilight as Spike noticed Cadence and his jaw dropped to the floor.

"Twilight? How is Cadence here is she supposed to be....you know."

"You can thank Death for that; he helped us revive Cadence after he found out that he was betrayed by his allies."

"Cool" said Spike as a bright light shone in front of their faces revealing Princess Celestia and Luna with Shining Armor. The gracefully walked up to the group. Cadence was filled with tears now seeing Aunts and husband again, she ran and gave all three of them a loving embrace.

"Cadence how-?"

"Don't worry about it I'm just glad to be back." said Cadence cutting off Shining Armor. The couple walked off as Celestia and Luna approached Death.

"You had something to do with Cadence coming back did you?" asked Luna as Death just nodded.

"Then we thank you for giving back our niece to us and are forever in your debt, if there is anything you want just ask." said Luna as she bows to Death.

"Well something has been on my mind," said Death causing Luna to rise.

"Go ahead."

"Well, I've been told that this Gala is coming up soon, and was wondering if you would accompany me." All the ponies gasped at what Death just asked for. Did he really just ask Princess Luna to be his date at the Gala? Luna took a step back and gave a slight pink hue on her cheeks.

"Do you mind running that by me again?" said Luna in an embarrassing tone causing Death to growl in annoyance.

"I asked if you could accompany me at this 'Gala' so I can get to know this realm better."

"Oh, o-of course, just meet me at the gala next week."

"Agreed." said Death as Celestia and the other ponies look in awe at what just transpired. The three Princesses and Shining Amor say their goodbyes as they leave Ponyville in the chariot to make preparations for the gala. Death watched them leave as he noticed Luna look back at him even from a great distance. Death was then interrupted with Rarity tapping his foot.

"Um excuse me Death what was all that about with the Princess?" she asked with a smirk on her face.

"Just wanted to get to know her better since we haven't been formally introduced."

"Is that why you asked her on a date to the Gala." Death looked dumbfounded, what in oblivion was Rarity talking about.

"If that's what you call it yes I did." Rarity squealed in delight as she grabbed Death's hand and teleported in to her Boutique. Death gave her a glare through his mask that said 'do that again and it will be the last thing you do'. Rarity shrugged off the look and started scavenging through her fabrics.

"What are you doing?" asked Death tilting his head.

"Finding a suitable look for you! For you date with Princess Luna of course! You weren't thinking on wearing those dreadful rags where you." Rarity asked in a hurriedly but excited tone.

"Actually, yes is it a problem."

"Yes you can't please a nice beautiful lady if you can't even dress proper darling." Death didn't respond as he crossed his arms and stood there watching the whit unicorn do her work. Picking fabrics, sewing, knitting, and measuring the perfect suit for Death. Death sat in a meditating position and closed his eyes. He stayed there for about three hours until he heard a familiar unicorn.

"Finished!" sang Rarity causing Death to open his eyes and gawk at the masterpiece before him. Hanging before him is a purple suit with golden spiked shoulder guards and trims, a brown belt with a buckle of what looked like his mask and silk bone-like gloves. Death approached the suit and observed it for a few seconds before turning to Rarity who had the biggest grin on her face.

"Thank you Rarity I appreciate this," said Death causing her to squeal in delight, "but I have one question."

"Ask away, darling." said Rarity.

"What's a date?" said Death tilting his head causing Rarity's smile to disappear and face hoofed. She has a lot of explaining to do.


1 Week Later 'The Night of the Gala'

After a week of the main 6 helping Death get ready for surprisingly his first date ever, let alone his first party. They had to explain to him first what a date actually was and demonstrate it the past week. It took about five days for Death to actually understand what it meant and was shocked to find out that they thought Death was trying to court the Princess Luna, yeah, she was beautiful and that coming from Death is REALLY a compliment, but at the same time he knew not to get in any close relationships for it might mess up the balance. The last two days were fairly easy for Death all he did was try on his new suit and (forced) to rehearse on what to say to Luna on this so called 'date'.

Death erased the thoughts from his head as he and the mane 6 were in a chariot heading for Canterlot. He insisted on talking his but the mane 6 quickly objected not wanting that experience again. Death chuckled to himself at the thought and looked out the window to see the castle coming in to view. The carriage slowly stops as the seven walk out.

"I can't believe were here!" said Twilight with a huge smile.

"Ah' can't believe they let us even come back after what happened last time we came here." joked Applejack.

"So what are we gonna do first! Dance? Sing? Eat? Dance and sing? Sing and dance? Sing and eat? Dance and eat? Or we can do all three!" said Pinkie hopping around the group as they made their way to the entrance.

"I don't know about you guys but I'm going to see that if the wonderbolts are here see ya'." said Rainbow as she zoomed off to find her idols.

"If ya'll don't mind Rares, Flutters, and Pinkie are gonna chow down." said Applejack.

"Alright, me and Death will find Celestia and Luna then." said Twilight giving Death a wink.

"Alrighty then, good luck Death ya'll need it." said Applejack as Death nods and the two groups part ways.


Luna paced back and forth in her courters worried about a certain bipedal creature and their so called 'date'. The press has been talking about the two for the past week. If this 'date' doesn’t go well not only will she be embarrassed but a foreign creature will be humiliated as well. Luna then looked at herself in the mirror of her room, she was in a dark blue dress that sparkled like the night sky with a crescent moon pinned to her chest, as her mane is pulled back into a pony-tail(no pun intended) with a star-like bow. Luna then heard a knock on her door which broke her from her trance. "Who is it?" she asks as Celestia walks in the room closing the door behind her, "Oh it's just you sister."

"It's good to see you too, just came by to see if you were ready for tonight." said Celestia with a smile.

"I don't know."

"What do you mean, dear sister, are you afraid of crowds?"

"No, it's not that, it's about Death." Luna gave a light blush as she turned her head away from Celestia giving a playful smile.

"Oh, I see what's going on, you have feelings for him don't you?" said Celestia.

"W-what, no! I just want to get to know him better, like his personality, heritage, that soothing voice, his perfect body tone, and those gazing eyes- what was I talking about?" said Luna as Celestia kept her playful smile. "Fine, you win 'Tia. Maybe I developed some feelings for him."

"I'm sure he has the same feelings Luna."

"How can you be so sure?"

"I'm not Cadence, but the way he acted around you when we were in Ponyville shows great promise."

"I'm not so sure."

"Luna you are one of the fairest mares in Equestria, there is no way for him not to like you." Luna than wrapped her older sister in to an embrace.

"Thank you Tia." Luna whispered

"It's quite alright, Lulu, come on we have a Gala to attend to." said Celestia as the two Princesses walk out the door not noticing the black mist hiding in the shadows.


Twilight and Death walked down the hallway toward the Princesses rooms. It was quiet the whole way there until Twilight spotted two familiar looking Alicorn in the distance.

"Princess Celestia and Luna!" screamed Twilight as she trotted up to greet them.

"Hello Twilight ready for the night," asked Celestia with a grin.

"You bet! I can't wait to tell you how much I learned!" Death rolled his eyes at Twilight’s nerdy personality and locked gaze with Luna. His eyes widen at the beautiful creature before him, not acting like a fool he remembered what he was taught.

"You look beautiful, Princess." Luna looked away blushing like a storm.

"Thank you. You’re not so bad yourself." Celestia gives Luna a wink as she walks off with Twilight leaving the two behind,

"So shall we head to the social gathering." said Death holding out his arm. Luna puts on a smile and nods as she wraps her hoof around his arm and they both go down to the party. Death and Luna surprisingly is having a great time together, they talked about where they were from, how sometimes their siblings would annoy them.

"So your sister also likes sweets?" asked Luna as Death gave a chuckle.

"You could say that." said Death

"If you would excuse me, I'm going to get some refreshments." said Luna as she walks off. Death watched as she walks off before noticing a familiar pink alicorn.

"Cadence?"

"Oh, hello Death on your date I see." she says in a mocking tone.

"We're not courting if that's what you mean." says Death.

"Actually if you don't mind, I think my Aunt has developed some feelings for you and i think you have as well."

"What makes you say that!" yelled Death causing the pink alicorn to jump back.

"Death, if you forgot I'm the Princess of love, this stuff is easy to spot."

"Fine, you win, but what makes you think she wants to be with someone like me and not with someone that’s-"

"A pony."

"Yeah."

“Just tell her how you feel and I promise that you won't regret it." Death gave a smile under his mask as he stood up from his chair.

"You're right Cadence I'll go tell her right no-"

AHHHHHHHH!

A familiar voice was heard as the band and ponies stopped socializing and turned their attention to the middle of the room where Princess Luna is trapped in what looked like burgundy and gold mist. The mist soon took form of two creatures. One with the body of a horse and torso with two giant horns and the other a giant red demon with upside down bat like wings.

"Hello my little ponies, allow me to introduce myself. I am Samael and this here is my son Tirek as all of you already know, and we are tonight's entertainment." said Samael with a wicked grin as he held a familiar blue alicorn in his magic.

"Luna!" yelled Celestia as she appeared in front of the two, "Let her go!" she commanded her horn lighting up.

"I wouldn't do that Celestia, one wrong move and she dies in front of all of Equestria." said Tirek with a devilish smile. Celestia glared daggers at him as she dimmed her attack and lowered her horn.

"There we go was that so hard."

"SAMAELL!!!" screamed Death as Samael turned his attention to him, noticing he is not wearing his suit anymore but his normal armor he came to Equestria in.

"Ah Death, it's been a while how's your brother been holding up." Death grits his teeth under his mask as he clenched his scythes.

"Let her go Samael."

"Since when did you care about beings other than your own siblings, Death?"

"LET.HER. GO."

"Sorry, can't do that I need her."

"Wrong answer!" yelled Death as he advanced on Samael only to be caught in Tirek's magic and to be thrown across the ground like a ragdoll. Boiling with rage he charged again only to take a blast to the chest knocking him out. The mane 6 witnessing there friend knocked out quickly rushed to his aid.

"What do you want Tirek!?" yelled Twilight in anger.

"Simple to prove to my father that I will not be bested by six brats and take over this realm along with many others." Twilight looked back at Death still unconscious.

"Sorry to cut this short but we have what we came for." said Samael as he lifted the unconscious Death with his magic and Princess Luna.

"Luna!!" screamed Celestia charging the two, but in flash of black light, Tirek and Samael where gone along with Death and Luna.


Well of Souls

Three silhouettes walked to the entrance to the Well of Souls . "Are you sure this is where Death was?" said a feminine voice.

"He has to be this is where those giants told us where he would be." said another voice with a deep tone.

"Maybe he jumped in?" said a raspy voice.

"You have a point." said the female. The three figures stood there staring at the Well of Souls when they all felt a sharp pain in their chests.

"Was I the only on that felt that?" asked the raspy voice.

"No, come on our brother needs us." said the deep voice. And with that said War, Fury, and Strife jumped in the Well of Souls hoping to save their brother.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the delay. School you know. I also added the romance tag so like fav and comment