• Published 18th Apr 2012
  • 5,752 Views, 151 Comments

Meeting the Parents - Spot Light



Vinyl Scratch, Octavia, Parents, OctaScratch

  • ...
9
 151
 5,752

Back Home to Prepare

This is going to be a short chapter.

****************

Time 6:30 pm, Place: Ponyville Train Station

The train pulled up in the Ponyville train station after a long delay in Manehatten, the couple's time in Manehatten had came and went. The train ride was boring the way back, no in ride movie, no Top Dollar to talk to, so they fell asleep on the way back. The two stepped off the train and began to head home.

Vinyl let out a loud yawn. "Well that was a fun trip. But I'm surprised I managed to sleep at all with you snoring."

"Now sweetie, you know I don't snore, that's your department." Octavia teased back

"Oh please, Tavi, you sound like a backed up tuba that's filled with molasses."

"I do not sound like that."

Vinyl started chuckling, "So you admit that you snore," Octavia started to blush.

"Shut up Vinyl,"

They had made it home. They entered the house. "It seems like the Derpy, did a good job keeping an eye on the house. I'm going to have to see her tomorrow,"

"We were only gone for three days, even Derpy couldn't cause any damage in that time." Vinyl looked at Octavia blankly. "What?"

"The Town Hall incident," She spoke deadpan.

"I wasn't there, anyway it's good to be home. I liked your Aunt and Uncle, Vinyl. They are way different then the ponies I grew up around."

"Thank you," Vinyl smiled then frowned " There's a "but" coming isn't there?"

"But speaking of where I grew up, we must get everything set for our trip up to Canterlot." the two headed into the living room and sat down.

"Why is that?"

"Unlike Manehatten, Canterlot is more sophisticated than what you’re used to."

"Sophistica...what?" questioned Vinyl

"Formal,"

"What?"

"Fancy,"

"Oh, now I get it. But why?"

Cue Octavia face hoof. "Well we need to work on your manners for one."

"Why is that?"

"Well there isn't much you need to improve. I'll tell you in Canterlot we don't use our sleeves when we wipe our mouths, we use napkins."

"Ok,"

"Also you will have to work on how you talk up there. You can't talk like you do down here."

Vinyl smiled and looked at her, "Oh come darling, and do you think a DJ commoner, like me, couldn't talk like a prim and proper Canterlot pony. I say you need to know me better."

First stunned with her jaw gaping open, Octavia jumped and hugged her, "Vynie, since when?"

"I knew I would have to go to Canterlot with you one day. So I brushed up on my formal snob by listening to you talk in your sleep." Octavia attempted to hide her blush in Vinyl's chest. "Oh Octavia, your so cute."

She lifted her head "That stays between us got it? Now we also need to dress formal for the party. But where are we going to get dresses for you. I mean I have one, but it's not you,"

"Dresses you say? My cousin Rarity owns the Carousel Boutique right here in town. She can make us both a one of a kind dress to ware."

"I've seen her work before, she does a magnificent job, but how are we going to afford such dresses."

"I've got that covered, because I am a relative I get a family discount of 20% off, plus," She used her magic to snag a slip of paper off the coffee table. "I have a coupon for a couple’s discount of 30% off. Add those together and we get 50% off."

"So you can add," Octavia curled against Vinyl, "That's good we will do that tomorrow. In the meantime..." She stood up and took Vinyl's hoof, "...come with me," she said in a seductive voice, "This may be the last chance we get before we go see my parents. I know it isn't for a few days but that nap I took on the train energized me, so you coming?"

"Miss. Octavia Symphony, do you need to ask?" Vinyl stood up and followed Octavia. Just put two and two together.

Author's Note:

Author's Note:I chose to make this chapter short for bridging purposes.