• Published 15th Mar 2014
  • 1,362 Views, 24 Comments

The Magic Paint Brushes - Ugly-Duckling123



A human boy and girl suck through painting wake in Equestria

  • ...
5
 24
 1,362

Chapter 9

Author's Note:

I didn't mean for Discord to be in here... But I needed someway to get Nightmare Moon back to the castle so... :pinkiehappy:

And I'm saying when I was talking about Sombra, that Luna was already turning evil with jealousy and got taught how to spread fear.

Because Nightmare Moon was spreading darkness though out Equestria she did not know that her prisoners escaped.

She was having too much fun bringing the pony's deepest and most horrible nightmares to life, something she picked up from her cousin Sombra before he was banished to the Frozen North by her weak counter-part and her sister.

At the moment she was sending swarms of Parasprites though Filly-Delphia making them eat everything, food and object in their sights so nothing was left, making the ponies run screaming trying to get away from them.

"Ooh very good job Nightie," a voice said behind her along with a pop. "Filly-Delphia's never looked better if you asked me."

"Discord?" Nightmare Moon asked not turning around. "What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be in stone of something?"

"Why I've merely come to congratulate and welcome you on coming back." the Draconequus said appearing in front of her wearing a party hat a spinner in his eagle's talon, confetti flying out of his lion's paw right in her face.

"Leave me be Discord before I show you your worst fears." Nightmare Moon said her horn starting to glow.

"I'm not afraid of you Nightie." Discord said now taking pictures of all the chaos that was going on.

"Maybe not." Nightmare Moon said. "But you are afraid of something."

"You think so?"

"I know so. Even though Sombra was better at bringing the fears to life, most fears lie in nightmares. And being the Princess of the Night, I know everyone's nightmares." she finished eyes closed looking into Discords mind looking for his. "Even yours."

"Get out of my head Nightie." Discord said snapping his talons closing of his mind to her.

"I wonder which one to pick," Nightmare Moon said smiling and showing her fangs. "You going back to stone, you never being accepted by those wimpy ponies, or... That Fluttershy will never love you?"

Discord was never really good at hiding his feelings. So when Nightmare Moon said Fluttershy's name, he poofed up ten custard pie catapults and fired all of them at her, catching her by surprise.

"Hit something did I?" she asked after making a shield around herself.

"Go back to your castle Nightie. I have a feeling you might want to check on your other knight." Discord said zapping out of assistance.

Thinking of going back anyway, Nightmare Moon spread her wings and flew back to the castle in the forest.


Back at the castle of the Two Pony Sisters, Sarah and Verde had just entered the great hall, and even though it was in a horrible state, Sarah looked at it in awe.

Ancient tapestry's hung on the walls, what was left of the stained glass windows looked amazing, and in the center of the room stood a pedestal that had five arms that looked like they were meant to be holding something.

Suddenly voices could be heard coming from the left hallway.

"We're nearly there everypony," one of them said "I feel it."

"Like you felt it the last five times Cloud-Butt?" another said.

"I told you not to call me that Weirdo!" the first voice yelled back anger in it's owner's voice.

Then out of the corridor came the mane six, Spike, Zecora, and...

"Eric!" Sarah screamed when seeing her friend was alright running up to him throwing herself in his arms holding on to him to never be separated again.

"Hey there Princess?" Eric said after recovering from the shock. "I take it you missed me?" he said smirking a bit more when Sarah realized what she had done and stepped away from him.

"No, I... I was just worried you'd be stuck here when this paint brush took me home and I'd get bombarded with 'where did he go's' and 'what happened to him's'" Sarah said jokingly, smiling as she handed him back his grand father's paintbrush "Besides I can handle myself. For your information I calmed down a Manticore to get a splinter out of it's paw, helped an Ursa Minor get back to it's mother, and jumped out of the window in the room in the tower I was in on to Verde's back when he was hovering outside it."

"Who?" all the ponies asked.

Sarah just nodded over to the green dragon who had his eyes on Spike who was hiding underneath Twilight for some reason.

"What's wrong Spike?" Eric asked trying not to laugh.

"Once when he thought I was replacing him," Twilight said to the group looking Verde in the eye "Spike ran away and found a cave of gems and 'dove right in'."

"And that was MY cave and MY gems." Verde said smoke coming from his nose scaring Fluttershy a bit at how loud he was.

"Well did he say sorry? Or why he was there? Did you give him a chance to?" Sarah said thinking she knew where this was going.

Verde stepped back a bit mind going back to that night and how he reacted.

"I... I said I didn't know it was his cave or his gems," Spike said peeking out from under Twilight and looking up at Verde. "But I didn't get time to say why I was there..."

"You are right," Verde said opening his eyes calmed down a bit. "I presume, because I never had any-dragon to share with, when I found you in my cave, I thought you were taking them."

"Well by the sound of it..." Eric began getting elbowed in the chest by Sarah telling him to shut up.

"Um... Excuse me... Verde," Fluttershy spoke up from where she was on the ground "What do you mean you never had any-dragon to share things with? That is if you don't mind me, err us asking."

"I am sorry," Verde said looking away "But I do mind. I'm just here to help defeat the Mare in the Moon."

'And makes you think you can do that?' Nightmare Moon's voice rang out throughout the great hall as blue smoke clouds made their way into the hall and a very solid and very scary looking Nightmare Moon stood on top of the pedestal.