• Published 15th Mar 2014
  • 1,363 Views, 24 Comments

The Magic Paint Brushes - Ugly-Duckling123



A human boy and girl suck through painting wake in Equestria

  • ...
5
 24
 1,363

Chapter 10

The bearers all took their fighting stands and all glared at the the black Alicorn trying to show no fear what so ever.

"You think you can stop me with you're little trinkets?" Nightmare Moon laughed. "Do you really think I have spent all these years since I came back only to lose again? No! A little each night I grew stronger, until I was able to block out Celestia's horrible sun and let my beautiful night be seen by all my subjects to enjoy. I am stronger than I have ever been, especially since my weaker self isn't with me to take half the power away." she said her ever flowing mane swirling above her head. "There is no one or anything you can do to stop me now."

Suddenly Nightmare Moon's eyes went the brightest white as she shot at all of them with her power to show just how strong she was, making them all split up so's not to get hit.

"Well don't think I'm not one how hasn't dealt with bullies before either Nightmare Moon!" Eric called out after he picked himself up. "I know a bully when I see one, and you are in my top ten of the worst bullies list!"

Everyone was starring at Eric as if he was speaking a different language, all with mouths open asking themselves 'What is he doing?'

"You think just because you're all strong and powerful, that you can bring peoples nightmares to life, and that you can control the bloody moon you can get to pick on us like this?"

"Eric what are you doing?" Sarah running over to him.

"I'm stalling her while the ponies get those necklaces working" Eric whispered eyes shifting to the group finally understanding what was going on.

"By making her angry by insulting her?" Sarah asked back.

"It's how I stood up to all the bullies I've ever met when I was younger."

"And how did they turn out?" Sarah asked folding her arms across her chest looking at him.

"Nearly everyone sent me to the nurses office." Eric confessed rubbing the back of his neck.

"ENOUGH!" Nightmare Moon's cry called out getting the two to bring their attention to her again.

"Once I'm done with you two trespassers to Equestia," Nightmare Moon said lighting now cracking above her head "You wont need to bother with bullies any more."

And with that, she spread her wings charged her horn, aimed it and....

....Got struck by a dragon's fire ball knocking her aim off to shoot down one of the support pillars that was still standing and singed her fur.

"You leave them alone Mare in the Moon," Verde said claws and tail showing off his deadly spikes with his anger, Spike by his side. "I shall not let you separate them like you did with me from my family long ago!"

With that he shot another fire-blast at her melting the pedestal that she was still standing on slightly.

"Is that the only reason why you're protecting them, Dragon?" Nightmare Moon asked using her powerful wings to help pull herself out of the middle of the pedestal. "And since when have you cared about anypony other than yourself?"

"Since I made friends with them Mare in the Moon." Verde returned growling as he eyed her, anger burning in his eyes.

"Ha! Dragons can't become friends with ponies."

"Anyone if given the chance, can become friends with anyone or thing," Zecora said now speaking up holding her staff tightly. "they can be the Yang to your Yin."

All the sudden, a bright light started to shine behind Nightmare Moon as the mane six finally got their elements working and a rainbow started connecting everypony together swirling around Twilight until it reached her crown and they all opened their eyes to show bright white as the Beam of Harmony was shot at Nightmare Moon who shot a Beam of Darkness at it pushing it back towards the Bearers, shocking everyone in the room.

At last the Beam of Harmony backfired on the mane six knocking each of them out cold, some with smoking manes and tails.

"As I said," Nightmare Moon said showing her fangs laughing, "I am stronger than I have ever been. And once I have finished here, and defeated Luna and Celestia, I will take my place once again as Princess of the Night!" she said cackling madly her mane and tail swirling above her lightning flashing and wind howling.

"Well you'll forever be a block head bully in my eyes you witch!" Eric cried getting low to the ground so's not to be blown away.

"YOU DARE INSULT ME KNIGHT? YOU DARE INSULT THE PONY WHO JUST DESTROYED THE ONLY HOPE YOU HAVE ON STOPPING ME?" Nightmare Moon asked in the Royal Canterlot Voice turning to him.

"Yes!" Eric cried back standing in front of Sarah to try and protect her from Nightmare Moon's wrath.

"Besides Mare in the Moon, I think you're celebrating too soon," Zecora said from her place in the room "For there is one more who can be a Bearer. I am of course talking about Sarah."

"Wha... What?" Sarah asked shocked at hearing this looking between Zecora and Nightmare Moon.

"Through this whole journey you have shown, that you hold all six elements not one on it's own," Zecora began. "You showed Kindness when helping the Manticore, Generosity and Loyalty by bringing the Ursa Minor to be with it's mother once more, Honesty it appears to me when Verde helped get you free, Laughter when you jokingly met back up with Eric, and by all these friends you have made it shows that you have always held the friendships Magic."

A bright light shone above Sarah's head blinding everyone as she felt herself be lifted up into the air a warm feeling inside her as the light surrounded her changing her school uniform into a dress with a rainbow striped skirt - wings growing out of her back, elbow length gloves coming over her hands, her hair coming from it's messy state was now pinned back showing her entire face a tiara now resting on her head, and her ordinary black school shoes turning into knee high boots.

As she was set back down and the light dimmed, all that were still concussions stared at her and her change.

Sarah couldn't believe what was happening, she looked like one of those Japanese Anime heroins in the after school shows she use to watch.

As she looked herself over, she saw a charm bracelet on her right wrist it's charms the same shapes as the Bearers necklaces and Twilight's crown.

Nightmare Moon was furious and as soon as she understood what was going on shot a beam of dark magic towards an unsuspecting Sarah.

"Sarah!" Eric cried bringing her back and saw the beam coming towards her holding up her hands to block it shooting a beam of light towards her opponent stopping the darkness from getting to her. Both sides cut off their magic saving their energy, Sarah looking at her hands wondering how she had just done that.

"I. Will. Not. Be. Defeated. AGAIN!" Nightmare Moon cried shaking the walls making some of them collapse as a result, before she charged towards Sarah in anger.

Not knowing what to do Sarah jumped and was in the air flapping her wings doing mid air somersaults landing on her feet on the pedestal where Nightmare Moon once stood turning around to see her opponent anger flaring in the Alicorn's eyes.

Not sure how bad things would get Sarah said to Eric the smartest thing that could of been said at that moment. "Get everyone out of here," she said turning her eyes back to Nightmare Moon "I'll take care of Nightmare Moon."

Without further questions Eric, Zecora, Spike, and Verde gathered up the still unconscious mane six and left as fast as they could.


Once they were outside and on the other side of the rope bridge just to be safe, Eric got up and started to make his way back across.

"Eric," Spike cried from where he was with the girls "Where are you going?"

Spinning around halfway across the bridge Eric answered "A Knight needs to protect his Princess doesn't he?" he said turning back and running the rest of the way back to the castle quickening his pace when a beam of magic shot though the roof and a cry was heard.

"BUT YOU'RE NOT A KNIGHT!" Spike cried out into the darkness as Eric left.

"It is true little Drake you are right," Zecora said coming up to be next to him "He is not a Knight make no mistake. But anyone with a heart as pure as his own, deserves to be one so the bravery within him can be shown."

Waiting a bit to get what Zecora said into his head, Spike returned with "But he doesn't even have a sword or... or armor, or anything!"

"You have forgotten that brush he has now in his hand, comes with a magic far from this land." she said going back to the girls to check up on them "I'm sure when the time is right, he'll get what he will need to be a knight."

Author's Note:

If Zecora's rhyming is off a tad or doesn't work, I just let it roll as it came though my head, so none of it was pre-thought of

Hope you like it :yay: