• Published 11th Mar 2014
  • 522 Views, 9 Comments

A Thousand Years Ago. - Illusion Flight



When Luna learns to make new friends,the darkness of others hearts threaten them all! It's up to her and her sister to save Equestria! But what if her sadness leads her onto a dark path? Will she fight? Or Will she refuse?

  • ...
5
 9
 522

The Village of Secrets

After Luna's incident, Celestia had insisted that she stay in the castle, but her little sister did not feel safe here. Thus, she and her friend set off for Illusion Flight's village. Luna listened to Illusion Flight, who was explaining just what happened during her horrifying nightmare. She was still shaken up by what the voice said, which seemed to keep echoing back into her head. Saying things she would never imagine going through her head. That her sister was just waiting for the right moment to cut her down from her rightful throne. That she shouldn't have to wait for that, that SHE needed to take the throne from her dear sister, Tia.

"Luna? Are you listening?"

"Huh? Wha-? Oh, yes, its just that I have a lot on my mind."

"Now that I can understand. But, please, don't be silent the whole way. We have to fly for two hours before we get there."

The dark alicorn chuckled. "Of course."

As they flew for the small village, Illusion Flight told her of how the pegasus's past was. Luna ,like her sister, was surprised that a mare so kind. So loyal, could possibly have such a dark past. ' If it was me, I probably wouldn't be able to take it.' she thought, thinking if Celestia died like that. ' Illusion Flight is a lot stronger than I am if she could stand that with out losing her mind or growing up sad and angry.'. The princess was cut off from her thoughts as she heard her friend's voice.

" Luna, we're here!" The teal pegasus shrieked excitedly. Which the princess thought was weird.' Doesn't she live here? Why would she be so what could make her act so giddy?'

The princess also noticed that her friend's eyes were focused on a small figure below. The ponies were finishing up their jobs since the sun was getting prepared to set. The pony that her pegasus friend was looking at was a black unicorn with a curly grey and red mane and tail. His cutie mark was a crescent moon with a white star by it. The princess raised an eyebrow. ' Now why would Illusion Flight be so fixed on this stallion? She did say her brother died didn't she?

As if knowing what she was thinking, the pegasus explained.

"That's Cosmic Shadow." She said with a trance of red on her cheeks. " He's Velvet Fire's only son. He's the musician of the village. His sister ,Lunamoon, is a show pony."

The princess was quickly directed towards a unicorn with the same coat color as her, only this mare had a smooth silver and purple mane. Then, Illusion Flight gestured to a black unicorn with a solid purple mane and tail. Her blue eyes full of determination as she pasted below the cloud where the princess watched. When she did, the princess felt a small pulse in her chest. One she had never felt before. She guessed it was the medicine she was given, since she had never needed it before and wasn't used to it. If that even made since.

"Nyx, on the other hoof, is the guardian of the village. After my families, accident-" The mare cut off remembering the painful memory. She took a breath, exhaling it slowly. " Velvet Fire established a guard during the night. Nyx came shortly after the old one became too weak to protect the area. She has a talent with combat skills and protecting ponies, which happens to be what her cutie mark stands for.But she always wears this stupid vest."

The princess nodded in understanding. This Velvet Fire had been an important part of her life ,yet, each time Illusion Flight mentioned her there was a flicker of sadness, confusion, and regret. 'something's wrong here, did something happen to Velvet Fire?'

" We- I mean, I'd would like to meet this Velvet Fire and the other elder leaders you spoke of." The princess said, not knowing why she had addressed herself as 'we'.

That ,however, didn't effect her pegasus friend. The teal pony cringed at what the princess said , not knowing how to explain this.

" That wont be possible."

The princess was once again confused. "Why not?"

"Velvet Fire is dead!" the mare cried.

Luna immediately regretted her tone. She would never had wanted to make a pony cry. No matter if they were a filly or not. She frowned more when it was time to raise the moon. Luna lifted the silver orb into the sky, calling on all her magic, which seemed to come back in reply of the moon. She turned to her friend.

" I- I'm sorry. I shouldn't have snapped." Luna said in a warm voice.

"It's alright. It was in the past."

"Do you feel like explaining how this came to be?"

Illusion Flight told Luna of how one day Celestia came, saying that this land was going to be part of the Everfree kingdom. When Velvet heard of this, she jumped up from the crowd, unleashing a dark magic blast that could have hurt the new ruler, Luna's sister. The pony went on saying how she was exiled from the village by her friends, family, and other ponies of the village. The last thing they heard about her was when Nyx was found by Velvet Fire's sister ,Shimmer Cast, lost in the woods. Nyx told her that Velvet trapped her, imprisoned her, and experimented on her.

Luna gasped, what pony in there right mind would do that? Even so, that wasn't the only thing on her mind. 'Why didn't Tia tell me about this?' Suddenly, the cloud that they had been on vanished, causing them to fall to the ground.

"Ah Ha!"

"N-nyx?!"

"I should have known you were sneaking around in the night with,.........."

Before she could finish, Luna's eyes flew open, glowing white. Her chest pulsing with a black energy. She then landed, her eyes fading back to their normal state.

"Illusion Flight, you did not tell me your village guardian was an alicorn!"

Author's Note:

Dun- Dun DA! Yes, Nyx the alicorn! Looks like my village has more secrets than meets the eye! I wonder how though. What about you? I don't know about you but I'm seeing how this came to be.

Signing off.
Illusion Flight.