• Published 11th Mar 2014
  • 522 Views, 9 Comments

A Thousand Years Ago. - Illusion Flight



When Luna learns to make new friends,the darkness of others hearts threaten them all! It's up to her and her sister to save Equestria! But what if her sadness leads her onto a dark path? Will she fight? Or Will she refuse?

  • ...
5
 9
 522

Calm Before the Storm

Author's Note:

This chapter, I admit, is RaNDOM with all the switching around but I felt that if this was in the next chapter, the readers would lose interest in it think it was all random. So, I made this more or less of a side- chapter. Deal. With. IT!

' Dear Princess Celestia,

Though I know I have only been staying here for a few weeks as we find my family, I am conflicted by guilt. I feel that as long as I'm here, I overstay my welcome. Thus, I want to make the issue up to you and myself. By my request, I wish to become a personal guard for either Princess Luna or Prince Sombra. I know you do not know of my fighting skills outside of my rage, but I assure you, I will learn to control my feelings to fight and protect others. Perhaps you could consider training for me? I overheard that the pegasus guard Wub Step went through a short, but effective, training of two weeks? Though I am in no position to ask more of the Princess's and Prince of Everfree, I wish to go through this training and work as a guard here in the castle. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Illusion Flight.'


As Illusion Flight put down the quill, she read it over. ' It'll do, I think this will get the point across without being disrespectful.' She thought. ' I hope.' Suddenly, there was a knock on the door.

KNOCK KNOCK


"Yes?" Illusion Flight answered.

"Umm, Sorry to disturb you Illusion Flight, It's Sombra." The voice answered.

" Prince Sombra? Dang, Luna wasn't kidding when she said your voice got lower." Illusion Flight said, opening the door. " Well I'm sad to say she's not here right now."

"Actually, I came to ask for help from you." He stated.

"Well, I guess I have nothing better to do. But first, a favor for a favor. Can you teleport this to Celestia?" She bargained.

The new prince rolled his eyes at the new title, he didn't like how his friends treated him as if he was above him. While it had been a long time ago, the visions of himself ruling viciously still burned in his mind. He swore he would never place himself above others, but the praises and comments only encouraged him to do so. He quickly flashed the letter away to the solar princess.

"Now what's the problem? Tell me what troubles you so." Illusion Flight said with a change in tone, her expression was a welcoming one.

" Well, to be frank, I-" He paused, realizing that he was talking to a stranger he's barely met. Her trusting gaze snapped him out of his doubt. " I love Luna! I just can't tell her! I'm asking you for advice."

Despite the smile on her face, Sombra found no change in expression.

" That's a natural problem. Everypony has it at some point in their lives. My solution, just remember that even if she says no, you're just one step closer to 'the one.' " Illusion Flight got up from her chair. She brushed past him, but she stopped and turned to look at the gray prince. "And who knows maybe she loves you too." She said as she walked out the door.

" Yeah, one step closer." Sombra said.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Princess Celestia was sitting on her throne when a royal guard ran through the doors. The two unicorn guards stationed by her tensed. The white earth pony guard came to a stop in front of her, bowed and got up.

" Your Highness, news from the outer district villages!" He announced as he pulled out a scroll. " All the details are meant for your eyes only. You and your sister's."

"Thank you, you may go." Celestia dismissed, taking the scroll in her magic.

The princess opened the scroll, silently reading the news.

' Dear Princesses of Everfree,

The three villages on the east outer boundaries of the kingdom have all been destroyed and abandoned. I request that you send any extra guards you can to the outer districts, I cannot count the lives lost in each attack nor can I know how many survivors are out there. Also, I have been led to believe that the family from Canter village has headed to the northern kingdoms. I have sent messagers to alert the Crystal Empire of them and to send them straight to your castle.

Sincerely,

Mayor of Mane Town '

Suddenly, a gray flash of magic appeared then disappeared just as quickly. Another scroll dropped to the floor. Celestia read the letter, reading it over carefully. She smiled at the politeness of it, though it wasn't needed. She turned to the unicorn guard on her right.

"Captain, Miss Illusion Flight of Canter Village wishes for your training. She must begin immediately." She ordered. " Also, send four squads to the east districts."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luna was walking down the hallway, alone as she mostly is. Her days mostly consist of her sleeping, walking around the castle, eat and talk with friends, and raise the moon and stars with Sombra. She hasn't been feeling like herself lately. Luna was being flooded with self- doubt and guilt. She doubted herself and her role as leader. And how she wallowed in self pity as her friend faced worse problems made her filled with guilt. She even felt sad about her love life. She had hoped Sombra would've asked for her hoof, since she couldn't bring herself to ask him.

She sighed at that one sad thought that seemed to bounce inside of her head daily. She stopped and looked outside of a clear window. She saw the gate that blocked the castle from woodland, Every thirty feet a new guard was stationed against the walls. Each main door was guarded by two unicorn guards. In the sky, a patrol of three pegasi came around every fifteen minutes. Luna heard hoof steps getting louder and louder. She thought it was simply a passing staff member, until the mare joined her.

"Good to see you Illusion Flight." Luna greeted.

"Is it good? You never seem like it after you guys went through my memories." Illusion Flight snapped, noticing this she apologized. "Sorry."

"No no. I'm Sorry. I know I haven't been acting myself lately but I've been under a lot of stress. I'll try to act happier." She stated as she vacantly stared out the window.

"Nope."

"What?" Luna asked.

"Nope. Don't act happy. Be happy. You get to hang out with all your friends each day. Do your job alongside somepony you like and you get to rule with your sister." Illusion Flight stated. "Your life may be full of hardships, but you can't give up. It's not about just you anymore, you're a leader. You're not able to give up."

"Yeah I guess." Luna stated, taking mental note of what the teal pegasus said.

"Speaking of the pony you like," Illusion Flight continued " He was talking to me just now."

"Really? What he say? Did he talk about me? What'd he want? Why didn't he go to me? What'd you do?" Luna lit up at that with a flurry of questions.

"Whoa there! Well, he stopped by to ask for-"

Suddenly, before she could finish her sentence, the ground shook violently. The window shattered and glass rained down on the two. Luna quickly cover them with her wings, shielding them from the sharp glass. After a couple seconds, the earth stopped shaking. Luna and Illusion Flight jumped through the window and saw Wub Step.

"Wub Step! Hey! Come here!" Illusion Flight called.

"What's going on?" Luna asked when he landed near them.

"I don't know! That earthquake shook open a canyon right in front of the castle. And the forest is being turned into a real candy land! Also, some rope bridge appeared with taffy for ropes!" He reported.

"Who can do that kind of magic?!" The teal mare asked to herself. " Wait, oh no." She said realizing.

"DisCord!" The two mare cried out at the same time.

"Quick, get my sister and warn the guard immediately!" Luna ordered the pegasus stallion.

"I hope I'm wrong. But Discord may be the enemy now." Luna said aloud, mostly to herself, but to everypony within ear range.


"I'm not ready to fight him. I couldn't bear to hurt him, he was fun and friendly, I do not think you are right. " Illusion Flight responded.


The two flew up in the sky and looked towards the forest. And as they watched the storm of cotton candy clouds moved quickly their way, the lunar princess whispered to herself.


" Please tell me I'm wrong."

And as the first drop of chocolate fell, the draconaquis revealed himself.