• Published 2nd Mar 2014
  • 869 Views, 20 Comments

The Harmony to be Returned - graceyadorable



Everyone remembers how the CMC accidentally let Discord free from his stone cold prison. But what was their experience during Discord's reign? Lets just say Discord wasn't the only one who turned things upside down!

  • ...
2
 20
 869

Stone Cold Prison

prologue
Discord looked down as his chaotic kingdom. Chocolate rain sprinkled down from the massive cotton candy clouds high above him in the sky. Flying pigs flew across horizon. Demon rabbits ran around destorying everything in their paths. Discord laughed menacally on the pathetic ponies who were under his chaotic rule. The miserable ponies were hopeless against his mighty power. "These are the good days." Discord said to himself. With a flick of his finger, a glass appeared in his paw. Using his chaotic magic, he lowered a pink cotton candy cloud next to him. He held the glass under the fresh milk raining out of the cloud. Instead of drinking the milk, he drank the glass. Finished, Discord threw the glass behind his mighty throne causing a devastating explosion. He gave a smirk. Peering his eyes towards the horizen, he noticed that two alicorns were coming up the rigged slope. Discord chuckled at the sight of them. All scared and bruised. It seemed that his battle with them didn't break there spirits. He turned his chair around to seem like he wasn't paying attention.

"I for one found it delightful. Your little attempt earlier. Sort of a two-pony theater piece, if you will. You should really consider taking it on the road." Mocked Discord. He munched on some black seeds and purposely dropping some in hopes of the weeds blooming and hurting the two alicorns. "What are those little trinkets of yours? You know, the ones you are wanting to send me to an extremely uncomfortable stone prison?"

"We won't tell you anything Discord!! You would use that against us!" Screamed Celestia. The elements of harmony were now out of the girls' saddle bags, flying around them and creating a sort of shield.

"I'm going to need more popcorn!" Laughed Discord. And just like that a rainbow of power hit the tyrant. He was frozen in stone. His face still laughing with joy thinking he won. But Discord knew he wouldn't stay like this for much long. He was going to seek revenge. No matter who pony he took down with him.


Present Day
"Now here kids is the highlight of the Canterlot Stone Garden. This statue represents friendship and victory." Said Cheeralee, pointing her hoof towards the marble statue of a brave pegasus. His shoulders were back and he stood strong and confident, ready for anything to come his way.

"How cool a cutie mark representing victory would be!" Scootaloo remarked, looking down at her bare orange flank.

"Scootaloo, you aren't 'victoryful' at anything!" Apple Bloom said snidely ignorent to it hurting her friends feelings.

“Victoryful” is not a word." Protested Sweetie Belle, whom was trying to save Skootaloo from embarrassment.

But that just angered Scootaloo even more. Scootaloo indignantly asked Sweetie Bell, "What are you, a dictionary?"

"Girls please! Princess Celestia has given us a very generous opportunity to be able to tour the stone garden. Please don't make her regret it!" Interrupted Cheerilee. Their bickering came to a halt. "Now, here is a statue of a 'draconequus', its a creature with the head of a pony and a body made up of all sorts of things. Can you guess what the statue represents?"

"Chaos!" Screamed Scootaloo.

"Dodo!" Curesed Sweetie Bell under her breath. But Sweetie made sure that Scootaloo could hear her.

Apple Bloom jumped on her friends' heads. "Both of you are wrong!"

And just like that again the three start fighting. Above them, Discord was starting to wake up. Thanks to these three's bickering, his chaotic power was fusing through his veins. A small circle of power on glows briefly on him.

"You three are correct, with perfectly displaying that the statue represents discord, or 'a lack of harmony between ponies.'” Cheerilee said with a bit of harsh tone is her normally motherly voice. "You can tell more about your ideas in an essay about discord that each of you have to write."

As the class leaves, with the three ponies still arguing who was correct, a large crack spreads across the draconequus statue and a cackle is heard. Discord could feel the future he was dreaming for 1,000 years has finally come. Today was the day he was going to take back his kingdom that was wrongly taken away from him.

Later that day...

"To retrieve your missing Elements just make sense of this change of events. Twists and turns are my master plan. Then find the elements back where you began." Screamed Discord.

Luna whom was resting after a long night of raising the moon jolted hearing the familier echo of an old friend. Luna ripped the covers off her king sized bed and galloped towards the direction of the voice. Her mind led her to the newly renovated hall of elements. Bursting through the doors she saw before her a panicked older sister pacing the room. Celestia looked like she just saw a ghost.

"What is troubling our dear sister?"Asked Luna with concern in her black eyes that shined like the starry night she would preform every night.

"My dear sister! He is back! He is back and there is nothing we can do to stop him this time! Its hopeless!" Cried out Celestia. Tears were staining Luna's coat from her sister's tears.

Luna in her lifetime, had never seen her sister ever be upset. Celestia would always conceal her feelings and display a calm and perfect ruler. Never had Celestia 'let it go' on her emotions. It was confusing to see Celestia in this new light.

"Whom are thou talkest of?" Asked an even more concerned Luna.

"Would you just shut up! No pony in this time even talks like that!! Where you raised in a barn!?" Yelled Celestia. Fire was burning in her eyes.

"No I wasn't. I was raised by you!" Screamed Luna. She stomped of from where her sister stood. While walking away, the shining sun seeked through one of the stain glass windows. Luna looked up at the glass window shining in the summer sun. A shudder ran down Luna's back. Upon her sight was printed in the glass was Nightmare Moon being defeated by the Elements of Harmony. That was her only a few short moons ago. Luna had too herself conceal her emotions because if she would loose her temper, she would become that monster again. Looking back behind her to see if her sister noticed how rude her remark was, she saw that Celestia was too distracted with her own problems to have noticed. With tears streaming from her face, Luna galloped away from the hallway. The rhyme she had heard earlier started to sink back into her mind. She knew what her old friend was leading Twilight and compony. She looked outside the tall window and saw silhouettes of ponies in the maze. "If only they weren't so clueless to understand what he meant and not the trap their stupidity had led there fate towards. I have to go before its to late!"

Looking back once more, she galloped towards the entrance of the castle where there would be a train that would be heading to Ponyville. For once Luna could try to be the hero of the story. She knew how risky and difficult this was gonna be but it had to be done to save everyone she loved.