• Published 2nd Mar 2014
  • 448 Views, 5 Comments

Starswirl Academy - FlashWantingToBreakFree



Human MLP Fanfic. Twilight Sparkle goes to a new school, apparently haunted by Starswirl's ghost. Are the rumors true?

  • ...
8
 5
 448

Chapter Four

"Wait... what?!" Applejack gasped.

"We find Starswirl. We just track him with this device." Twilight nodded.

"I don't want to!" Fluttershy squealed.

"I do!" Pinkie giggled.

"What do we do when we find him?" Asked Applejack.

Twilight stopped for a minute and thought about it. What would she do?

"We ask him to leave us alone." Twilight smiled.

"Is that it?" Asked Rarity, pulling a purple jumper over her head.

"Well... what else?" Asked Twilight.

"Ghosts. Don't. Exist!" Rainbow sighed with irritation.

"Two of your room mates saw the same ghost, and you still don't believe?" Applejack asked, and Rainbow nodded.

Rarity looked at herself in the mirror, smoothed the creases in her white jeans, put on her purple converse and looked at herself, smiling. Oh, you're so beautiful Rarity. She told herself. Fluttershy put on a yellow T-shirt with three pink butterflies on the front, and pulled on her light pink jeans and yellow converse. Rainbow Dash threw on her blue hoodie and comfy demin jeans and blue trainers, not caring how she looked. Pinkie put on her dark pink hoodie and light blue skirt with yellow leggings and she put on pink uggs. Applejack pulled on her tartan top with a white top under it, and put on her jeans and cowgirl boots. Twilight put on a dark blue hoodie and purple jeans and dark blue uggs.

Even though it was Wednesday, there were no classes due to a leak on the top floor, that had dripped down to the bottom floor. It was pretty bad, and needed to be cleaned before the wood rotted. Mr Cake came into the room after knocking, and gave the girls their breakfast.

"No. I don't." Rainbow Dash shook her head.

"You should." Applejack shook her head but the conversation ended.

"I'd rather do it on my own anyway." Twilight mumbled to herself, and nobody heard her.

After she'd eaten, Twilight got up and left the room.

"Hold up, Twi. Where ya goin'?" Asked Applejack.

"To get Starswirl." Twilight replied in a tone that said 'Isn't it obvious?'

"Not without us." Pinkie Pie smiled, coming into the dorm hallway too.

"What are you doing?" Asked Vinyl, her and Octavia were trying to get past them to the door.

"Twilight's finding the ghost!" Pinkie exclaimed.

"Really? Wow, good luck with that." Laughed Vinyl, and she rolled her eyes, pushing past Twilight, Applejack and Pinkie Pie, and she left the dorm hall.

"Sorry." Mumbled Octavia, following her friend.

Rarity and Fluttershy came out of the room too.

"I'll come." Rarity smiled, and Fluttershy nodded.

"If it gets too scary, I'm not coming." Fluttershy told them.

"Alright!" Pinkie jumped in the air.

Twilight sighed and rolled her eyes. "I'll do it on my own." She told them.

"Nope. No way Twilight. Anyway, you're new, and one of us at least needs to show you the way, eh?" Applejack smiled.

Rainbow Dash was leaning against the door panel, and looked at the stub of what was a nail. "I'll come. It's something to do, right?"

"Yee haw! Let's go!" Applejack grinned and lead the way.

The six girls ran on the field, and up to the school. They ran down the hallways, and then looked at the janitors ward. Rainbow Dash tried to open the door, but it had been locked.

"Janitors out fixing the leak." Fluttershy told the girls.

"Oh yeah..." Applejack sighed.

"Whatever. I'm going." Rainbow Dash turned round, but Twilight used her spare hairpin (She kept it in her pocket for emergencies) and picked at the lock. Sure enough, it opened, and she walked into the square room. There were three doors, one was the janitors room, one was the supply room, and the other was leading to the basement.

The other girls squashed into the sqaure room too.

"It's pitch black!" Rainbow Dash complained.

"No. Really?" Twilight sighed.

"Come on girls, come out a minute and make some room." Applejack smiled, and as if on cue, the janitors ward door slammed shut.

"Fantastic!" Rainbow Dash yelled.

"Stop yelling!" Fluttershy squealed, and Rainbow Dash sighed.

"Yes! Stop it!" Twilight demanded, and she concentrated on the door, and she managed to open it. The stairs were steep and narrow. "Watch your step."

In single file, the girls walked down the stairs. They seemed to go on for a while.

"This is boring!" Groaned Rainbow Dash.

Rarity walked into a cobweb and screamed, making Fluttershy scream in panic too.

"I think there's a spider in my hair! It's ruined now! Runied!" Rarity squealed.

"Nobody cares." Appleack told her.

"Let's sing a song and pass the time!" Pinkie suggested. Twilight sighed, and Applejack, being behind her, heard.

"It's a good suggestion Pinkie, but not now." Applejack told her, and Pinkie seemed fine with this.

Finally, they reached the bottom of the stairs. It was terribly dark, and you could only just see your hand in front of your face.

"I'll find a lightswitch." Applejack offered, and she felt around the walls whilst the others shivered. Not only was it dark - it was freezing too!

"Hang on, it might be up the stairs." Applejack sighed.

"Let me past. I'll do it." Rarity shoved past Applejack and stormed up the stairs. The sooner she got rid of Starswirl, the sooner her name could be cleared. She could see it, she was popular once more, and to talk to Rarity was like... I don't know, Freddie Mercury's ghost giving you an autograph or something.

Downstairs, the 5 girls were shivering and couldn't see very well.

"We all here?" Asked Twilight.

"Yep!" Pinkie giggled, giving a bounce, and the noise of her landing echoed throughout the basement, shaking them a bit.

"What was that?" Asked Rarity, talking to herself. She turned round carefully, making sure not to fall, then shrugged it off and continued to go up the stairs.

She found the light back where everyone had started, and she was about to click it when she suddenly became frozen and she was unable to move. She panicked and then she saw a familiar face. That white face. The ghost. Starswirl.

"What's taking Rarity so long?" Asked Rainbow Dash.

"I'm not sure if I should check or not." Applejack replied.

Twilight sighed. She would of gone on if she could see. She turned on the Ghost Tracker, and looked at the little red dot. He was close! Very close... Twilight looked at it and froze.

"What up Twilight?" Asked Applejack, feeling her sudden lack of movement.

"Starswirl is nearby! Actually, he's upstairs!" Twilight told the girls.

"Starswirl is after Rarity!" Pinkie yelped, and she ran upstairs, as did the others.

They got up the stairs faster then they managed to get down them, but when they arrived, Rarity was gone.

"Rarity?" Called Pinkie Pie.

"Rarity! This isn't funny! Come out!" Twilight shouted.

"Are you okay Rarity? Don't be scared, it's just us..." Fluttershy called out, which to be fair, wasn't that loud.

"Where is the ghost now Twilight?" Asked Applejack.

"He's not on the sensor." Twilight replied.

Then the red dot showed up and Twilight showed the girls the sensor. He was right next to them. Twilight turned slowly, and she saw his face. The long beard, bushy eyebrows and all.

" 'Ello, Twilight." He grinned.

Twilight screamed, and the others did too, and they shot out of the room into the square. The janitors ward door was still shut, and it was locked too, and Rainbow Dash tried to pull it open in panic.

"Hurry up!" Yelled Applejack, and Rainbow continued to bang on the door. It finally opened, and the girls fell out of the ward, and slammed it shut. The girls sat up, breathing heavily.

"Phew... we made it..." Applejack panted.

"But Rarity didn't!" Fluttershy squealed.

"I'm sure she's fine." Rainbow Dash reassured Fluttershy, knowing she'd lose it and scream loudly if she didn't.

"What do you think happened to Rarity?" Asked Pinkie Pie. The girls looked at Twilight, and she replied with the honest answer.

"I don't know." Twilight sighed.

"It's your fault. Coming here and bringing us with you." Rainbow Dash frowned upon Twilight, and turned to leave.

"I did want to go on my own." Twilight replied.

Rainbow Dash stopped and thought about it. She was right.

"It's nobody's fault, Rainbow." Applejack told her.

"I'm going anyway." Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes and walked away. "I'm going to running club."

Fluttershy followed Dashie, wanting to watch her run. She was a brilliant runner, and it was fun to see her race against the others, who thought they were so fast and good. Rainbow Dash proved them wrong.

"But you two - we have to find Rarity!" Pinkie Pie shouted down the corridor.

"Whatever, she'll show up later." Rainbow Dash shouted back, and with that, Flutter and Rainbow were gone.

Twilight sighed and stood up, making sure the janitors door was locked, so nobody knew that they had been in there. There were no cameras in the janitors ward, or the basement, so nobody could see if they'd been in there or not. Cameras would of helped, because then Twilight could of seen where Rarity had gone.

"Where should we look?" Asked Pinkie Pie. Her hair looked less bouncy, still bouncy, but more... flat.

"What's up with your hair?" Asked Twilight.

"What do you mean?" Asked Pinkie, with a look of confusion.

"It's less... poofy." Twilight replied, looking at the piles of pink that lay upon her head.

"It happens when she gets worried or really upset, Twilight." Applejack told her.

"Oh." Was Twilight's only response.

"So, back to Rarity." Pinkie reminded.

"I'm not sure where to look." Twilight sighed, thinking about where she could of gone.

"Dashie is probably right. She'll probably show up later." Applejack smiled and turned to walk to the library. Twilight followed her too, and Pinkie went to the gym, on a Wednesday they usually held a street dance class. It was early to go now, it wasn't even midday yet, but she still went to wait for the lesson.

There was nobody left on the corridor. Nobody in the janitors ward. Nobody in the basement.

Where was Rarity? It was a mystery.