• Published 2nd Mar 2014
  • 448 Views, 5 Comments

Starswirl Academy - FlashWantingToBreakFree



Human MLP Fanfic. Twilight Sparkle goes to a new school, apparently haunted by Starswirl's ghost. Are the rumors true?

  • ...
8
 5
 448

Chapter Three

"That's it! I'm a laughing stock!" Whined Rarity, walking back and forth in their room that evening.

"Come on, Rarity. Get ready for tea." Applejack told her.

"I can not go anywhere in public!" Rarity gasped.

"Why not?" Asked Rainbow Dash, getting on her denim shorts and red hoodie.

"Because everyone thinks I'm seeing things! One stupid girl suggested it be Starswirl! What an idiot!" Rarity sighed, rolling her eyes.

"Could be actually." Grinned Pinkie Pie, pulling a pink and white striped dress on, it had thin straps and went down to her knees.

"No!" Rarity snapped.

"Starswirl?" Asked Twilight, coming into the room.

"Hello, Twilight." Greeted Fluttershy.

"Hello. Now, what's this about Starswirl?" Asked Twilight.

"People say his ghost haunts the school!" Pinkie Pie gasped and then she giggled.

"But he only stays under the school." Applejack told her.

"No he doesn't." Said Rarity.

"He does..." Applejack replied.

"No he doesn't." Pinkie Pie sighed.

"They say he died in a fire." Rarity nodded.

"Under the school, in the basement. That's why the wallpaper is peeled and smells funny." Applejack explained.

"Everyone has a different story." Pinkie Pie told the new commers.

"Well ghosts are stupid. Everyone knows ghosts aren't real." Rainbow Dash sighed.

"But Starswirl was so clever. He maybe made a potion or something to stop himself really going forever." Applejack replied.

"Whatever!" Rarity shouted. "It's a ghost, and it IS real."

Twilight thought about it, and got changed into a purple dress with white polka dots. She slipped on her purple sandals, as it was hot, and walked out to dinner, the other 5 following. Well, other 4, Applejack was dragging Rarity down the halls.

"Ah, come on sugarcube. How bad can it be?" Asked Applejack sweetly, trying not to lose her patience.

"Woah..." Rainbow Dash gasped as she saw the Food Court. Not only was it huge, but it was full of people. Laughing, pointing people. Rarity's eyes watered at the sight of those laughing at her, and ran out of the Court.

"Rarity! Wait!" Applejack yelled running after her.

"Oh my..." Fluttershy whispered, her and Rainbow Dash running too.

Twilight sighed and Pinkie Pie looked at her.

"No tea tonight then." Pinkie giggled, then sighed, running after her friends.

Twilight looked at them run, and she then looked around the Food Court.

It was huge, with what seemed over 1,000 seats, and the food line was really long. The walls were white and had school photos onn them, and Twilight saw one of Starswirl.

He had grey hair, a long beard and wore dark blue. Twilight got the shivers.

"Are you alright there? I saw your friends run away." Asked a voice. Twilight turned round to see a boy about her age standing behind her.

"I thought this was an all girls school..." Twilight muttered.

"For a day it is, then the boys arrive." Chuckled the male. He had grey hair too, lighter though, and his eyes were yellow with red pupils and irises. Twilight was a bit creeped out. "Now... what happened?"

"Rarity is humilliated." Twilight replied simply.

"Oh, is she the one that saw a ghost?" Asked Discord, and Twilight nodded whilst he laughed.

"Discord!" Yelled Mrs Cake. "Come back and clean up this mess!"

"Gotta run!" Laughed the boy, and he ran out of the room.

"Where did he go?" Asked Mrs Cake, running upto Twilight.

"That way." Twilight pointed to the door and Mrs Cake sighed, then looked at Twilight. "Have you not had tea yet?"

"No, neither have my friends. One of them ran and the rest tried to comfort her." Twilight explained, and her stomach growled, practicing how to speak lion.

"Oh my. Well, here." Mrs Cake gave Twilight 6 boxes of chicken and chips with cartons of apple juice. "Is that enough? Too much?"

"It's perfect." Twilight replied, with a little smile. "Thank you."

"You're very welcome dear... and if you see Discord again, send him over to me!" Mrs Cake sighed with fustration, and Twilight saw the mess Discord had made. Ice cream was on the floor, noodles on the walls, chips scattered on several tables... it was horrible and gross.

"Alright then..." Twilight replied, blinking at the mess, then turning and going back to her dorm.

As she walked down the path to the dorm rooms, a three boys ran past her, almost knocking the food out of her hands.

"Hey!" Twilight yelled. "Watch it!"

"Sorry!" One of the boys shouted back, and another one laughed.

"Immature freaks." Mumbled Twilight.

"Hey! I heard that!" One of the boys shouted at Twilight.

"Yeah well it's true!" Twilight yelled.

One of the boys had dark blue eyes and hair, actually, his hair seemed black. Another one had green eyes and blonde hair, and the other had blue eyes and brown hair.

"I really am sorry." The blonde one apologised.

"Me too." Sighed the brown haired one.

"Me three..." The blue one sighed.

"Good." Twilight replied, and turned around to walk to her dorm.

"I'm Sorain!" The blue one yelled after her.

"And I'm Caramel!" The brown haired one also yelled his name.

"I'm Braeburn!" The blonde one yelled.

Twilight just nodded and continued to walk, and Sorain ran up to her.

"What's your name?" He asked.

"Twilight Sparkle." Groaned Twilight. "Can I go to my dorm now?"

"But we've only just met! We must introduce properly!" Sorain grinned.

"Don't you have someplace to be?" Asked Twilight.

"No." Replied Caramel, he and Braeburn walking up to her.

"Then why were you running?" Asked Twilight.

"Dunno." Caramel smiled. "Now let's introduce ourselves properly."

"No." Twilight replied with an irritated sigh, walking to her dorm. The boys just let her go, and with a laugh, continued running to wherever they were going.

Twilight shook her head and entered the dorm. Rainbow Dash was yelling, Rarity and Fluttershy were crying, Applejack was looking annoyed, Pinkie Pie was ignoring everyone and was listening to her MP3. Twilight put the boxes of food and drink in the middle of the room, and the 5 girls smiled and thanked her.

"Thank god! I thought I was gonna starve." Rainbow Dash groaned, eating a piece of chicken.

"Is that why you were shouting?" Asked Fluttershy.

"Well yeah! I need to eat." Rainbow Dash shook her head, digging in to another peice and taking a sip from her carton.

"Could you get me my lunch and bring it here everyday please, Twilight? I am not going out in public ever again!" Rarity asked with a girly moan.

"But you'll have to have boxed foods and that is just going to be chips with some kind of meat." Twilight replied.

"You could always ask Mrs Cake to pack something into a box for me. She does it for people on the go." Rarity smiled, thinking she was helping herself out.

"Rarity, you need to get your own food. Twilight has things to do other then being your slave." Applejack told her. Rarity just groaned.

"I love this chicken!" Pinkie Pie smiled, licking grease from her lips, and the girls laughed.

For the rest of the night they were joking and messing around, and for once, Twilight felt comfortable socializing, and she felt one of the group.

That night, the girls slept like babies. Rainbow Dash was snoring loudly, Fluttershy was whimpering in her sleep like a puppy, Pinkie Pie was giggling everytime she breathed out, which was impossible to do, but she did it, Rarity was softly snoring and Applejack was snoring louder then Rainbow Dash. Twilight slept quite peacefully, not having a single dream at all, and she was at rest. Then...

"Ahhh!" Screamed Fluttershy, and she was crying.

Rainbow Dash yawned, groaned and leant over her bunk bed side to see the issue. Rairty, Pinkie Pie, Applejack and Twilight all got out of bed and sat at Fluttershy's side.

"Rarity! I believe you! I believe you!" Cried Fluttershy, wiping her tears with the cuff of her nightie sleeve.

"What do you mean?" Asked Rarity.

"It was the ghost! It was the ghost!" Fluttershy sobbed, taking deep breaths.

"I told you I didn't make it up!" Rarity did I triumphant 'Yes!' and took a concerned look at Fluttershy, who was tearstained and shaking.

"This makes no sence." Sighed Twilight.

"There is no such thing as ghosts!" Rainbow yelled, turning over in her bed and yanking the pillow over her head.

"He was staring at me!" Fluttershy wailed.

"Okay, okay." Applejack yawned, patting Fluttershy's back. "It's okay."

"He had a beard." Fluttershy told the girls, and she looked at Rarity.

"And a hat?" Asked Rarity.

"Yes, with bells on it." Fluttershy nodded.

"Yes! That's the ghost!" Rarity smiled.

"Why are you smiling?" Asked Twilight.

"Why not?" Asked Pinkie Pie.

"Because Fluttershy is scared stiff!" Twilight exclaimed.

"Because I'm proved not crazy!" Grinned Rarity, and Twilight sighed.

Vinyl and Lyra burst into the dorm.

"We heard a scream. What's going on?" Asked Vinyl.

"They won't let me sleep!" Groaned Rainbow Dash.

"Get out!" Yelled Applejack, and the girls didn't need to be told twice, they ran out of the room, slamming the door behind them.

"Did you say a beard, and a hat with bells on it?" Asked Twilight, and Fluttershy nodded. "Was it a wizards hat?" She nodded again. Twilight's eyes widened, and she remembered the picture in the Food Court.

"Your eyes have gone super duper big!" Pinkie Pie gasped.

"What is it Twilight?" Asked Applejack.

"Girls... that ghost..." Twilight whispered.

"What about it?" Asked Rarity.

"That's Starswirl." Twilight told them.

"What!?" Exclaimed Pinkie Pie.

"Really Twiligh'?" Asked Applejack.

"Think about it. Have you seen the picture of Starswirl?" Asked Twilight.

"Yes... the one with the wizard hat...! What the hay!?" Applejack gasped.

"Woah..." Pinkie whispered.

"Yes... it's Starswirl alright." Rarity nodded, and Fluttershy whimpered.

"That's so... cool!" Rainbow Dash muttered from under her pillow.

"Can I go to sleep now?" Rainbow Dash added after a moments silence.

Applejack shook her head and quit staring at the wall, and nodded. "That's a good idea."

"Goodnight girls!" Pinkie smiled, climbing into bed.

All the girls returned to their beds, and Twilight sat up, thinking whilst the rest slept. She couldn't get to sleep. She wanted to, but she couldn't. She wanted something to do. Anything to do... but what?

Then she remembered. She had a gift from the Princess to open. She got out of bed, fumbled through her drawer, and found the gift and a torch.

She got back into bed, and carefully opened up her gift. There was a picture frame inside, with a picture of younger Twilight and the Princess in it. Twilight smiled and looked at the other gift. It was strange looking, and Twilight went "eh?"

It was a small grey box with a green screen on it. There was a note.

Dear Twilight Sparkle,

Youu may or may not know of the rumors going round the Academy. Apparently Starswirl has been seen here and there, and appering in rooms at night. I know you're much more of a book person... but maybe you could have an adventre of your own and write to me what you learnt from it. I would be most interested to hear it.

So here is the latest Canterlot invention. It tracks ghosts. You don't have to, but I would be most happy if you would take some time to settle the rumors once and for all.

Your teacher,

Princess Celestia.

Twilight smiled. A great smile it was, big and broad.

"You're going down, Starswirl." She grinned.