• Published 22nd Oct 2011
  • 3,226 Views, 36 Comments

Schism - Sev



Luna explores the history of Equestria with Twilight to attempt to solve a problem before it starts

  • ...
2
 36
 3,226

Close

Hello all, this is your author speaking
I'm writing this in a chapter entry to make sure it reaches everyone who took the time to read Schism. thank you all very much for your support! Schism was written before the Luna Eclipsed episode as a means for me to toss out my thoughts on Luna, the origins of Equestria, and generally try out playing with the ponyfolks in written form. It was a lot of fun, but between Luna Eclipsed and today's Hearthwarming episode, the vast majority of this entire story has been canonically dismissed. One of the big things I wanted to do with Schism was provide an explanation to the unanswered questions in the show that actually seemed to fit (with a little adult wiggleroom) in the show's setting, using established evidence. Now that many of those situations have actually been addressed by the show itself, I feel its best to shut down Schism and begin something new, rather then...well...beat a dead horse. Ive got some fun ideas for other parts of the show to address and explain that I'll hope you'll enjoy, and my experiences with this story will hopefully make the next one that much better. I hope you'll come have a look at it when I make it! Thank you again!

Comments ( 16 )

I greatly enjoyed this story, and am disappointed in it being abandoned. Importance of being in line with canon is overrated in my opinion.

I respect your desion... but I don't have to like it. :ajbemused:

73777

*decision
silly phone auto-correct. :derpyderp1:

Also, I was very excited to get an email saying Schism had updated and now I am sad. :fluttercry:

#4 · Dec 18th, 2011 · · ·

Seems a lot of bronys have enjoyed your work on this. I would recommend you add a Alternate Universe tag to it and keep going, let your creative juices flow. Treat it as a "what if" situation, and use the established personalities of the characters to help guide you.

I gotta say I was really excited to see this story appear on my tracking page again. As the author it will always be your choice as to what you do with this story but this is definitely a story I'm going to miss. :ajsleepy:

:fluttershbad: :fluttercry:

Awwww, really? Canon compliance is insanely overrated. I've been reading fanfiction for years, and how well it fits with canon is usually least among the factors dictating how many people like it. This is absolutely fabulous! I only read it yesterday, but I already really love it. I put it on alert, and it gets abandoned twelve hours later? That sucks!

This was an excellent fiction, and to abandon it just because it's out of date... that's a crying shame.

I'll keep reading whatever you write in its place, but I'm definitely going to mourn the fact that you dropped such an excellent and fun story for such a trivial reason.

Like most i respect the decision but i dont like it to be honest

Aw. Hopefully you will eventually revisit the plot of Twilight considering becoming nocturnal as a way to help Luna's... issue with ponies sleeping through the night. It is an interesting concept that I have not seen explored elsewhere.

#9 · Dec 20th, 2011 · · ·

Well, I'd be lieing if I said I wasnt disappointed. There was a lot of potential here, and discontinuing it because it doesnt adhere precisely to canon is a shame. Oh well. Off to look for another gem in the rough.

Bah. The appeal of the series is in its characters and the nature of its universe, not in how they're explicitly laid out. Intriguing ideas shouldn't be so quickly cast aside.

And in any case, the Hearth's Warming play can be pretty easily written off as an apocryphal fable that's morphed over the centuries into a story far removed from the actual events of over a thousand years prior.

graaaaaaa.

This was a great story, and i was really looking forward to seeing it resolved. It saddens me that I wont get to read anymore of it.

I was really enthralled with the story and excited to see its conclusion. I wish you had stuck to it and finished it, instead of abandoning it over something out of your control. :fluttershysad:

This was turning out to be a great story. I am sorry that you feel that you must comply to cannon. Please reconsider. :fluttercry:

Awww no brus. Why'd ya have to cut it off? its a damned good fic AND you left on a cliffy. please reconsider

Oh, too bad -- I didn't think you were that badly jossed by "Luna Eclipsed" -- you could have rewritten some of the dialogue at the start and been ok. This was really good!

Login or register to comment