• Published 9th Feb 2014
  • 1,205 Views, 12 Comments

The Animals of Ponyville - Zexoguy



The Mane 6 pets must all work together to find their way back home.

  • ...
1
 12
 1,205

On The Way

The forest was dense with not a sign of civilization anywhere in sight. After the long aggravating chase that had been caused by a certain rabbit who shall remain nameless, none of the animals had any clue where they were now.

"Now look what you did, Angel." Tank accused. The others joined him in a group glare.

"What's the big deal?" Angel asked nonchalantly. "Let's just go back the way we came."

The only problem with that was that they had run through so many twists and turns during their chase that they had all just about lost their sense of direction.

"Now which way did we come from?" Winona inquired. They all looked around in every direction, not sure which one they should take. It was then that they knew that they were all completely lost.

"YOU MANGY RAT!" Opal hissed furiously at Angel.

Everyone else shared her resentment, except for Gummy that is, just not quite on the same level. Angel only flinched as she approached him with seething anger.

"You have really done it zis time! Thanks to you, Angel, we are now stranded in the middle of the forest with no treats, no soft beds, no silk scratching posts that smell of cat nip, and no indication of how to get home! You have doomed us all!" Opal breathed heavily after her tirade was over. Angel was not about to take such slandering lying down.

"Listen you pampered puffball." he asserted. "You could've easily replaced that stupid toy any time you wanted. You didn't have to chase me all the way out here just to get it back." He turned to face the others. "And I sure as hay didn't ask the rest of you to come after me. So you know what? You've all got only yourselves to blame for this predicament."

"Why you!" The angry cat hissed, causing the annoyed rabbit to glare back at her. The two were about ready to tear each other apart until Winona stepped in.

"Alright, that's enough you two." she demanded and they both stopped and turned their attention towards her. "Look. We are never gonna find our way if we're fighting amongst ourselves. So I want both of y'all to shut up, make nice and shake paws right now."

The two white critters exchanged a doubtful expression. "And if we don't?" Angel questioned. Winona simply growled, exposing her pointy canine teeth. That was all the answer either of them needed. Not wanting to upset a well-trained hunting dog, the cat and the rabbit reluctantly grabbed each other's paws and sealed their temporary truce.

"Good." The border collie lightened up satisfied.

"So now what do we do?" Tank asked, sort of hoping to change the subject. Winona stood tall to assert herself.

"Well, I'm guessing that if our owners haven't noticed that we're missing yet, they should still be back at that hotel. I'm open to suggestions about how we can get back there. Anybody have any ideas?" Everybody thought for a moment before Gummy was the first to speak up.

"Wait! I got it! We're animals. We can use our senses to find our way. I'll use my sense of taste to track." He stuck his tongue out and licked the filthy ground, much to the disgust of the others. It turned the dirt left an even worse taste in his mouth than it should have as he spat furiously and desperately tried to rub it off his tongue. "My senses tell me that somebody used that spot to go potty." He said with the awful taste still in his mouth. Opal jolted and leapt onto Winona's back in terror and disgust.

"Okay. Next idea, please?" The grumpy bunny stated.

Owlowiscious contemplated for a moment, inspired by Gummy's not totally dumb suggestion. "Hmm. I dare say the lad may be on to something." He spoke up enthusiastically.

"I am?" the little gator perked up flattered.

"He is?" Tank asked.

"Why of course. If you will recall, I was a wild owl before Twilight took me in. I have much experience in dealing with the wilderness as well as a keen instinctual sense of direction." The wide-eyed bird was beaming with pride. "I'm sure that if I simply concentrate, I could easily guide us all back to our point of origins safe and sound."

"Well why didn't you say so before?" Winona said happily. "Lead the way, Owlowiscious."

"Alright then. Now let's see." He did his best to drown out all distractions around him and focus solely on letting his instincts take over. He could feel something in his mind and in his stomach that seemed to rise and fall as he looked in all different directions. Soon, he found the point where it appeared to be strongest. "Hmm. My instincts seem to be pulling me in... this direction."

He took off down a woodland path as the others soon followed after him. "You'd better be right about this, pal." Angel called out. And just like that, all of the pets were off on their quest to get back to their owners safe and sound.

----

The Mane 6 stood in the lobby of the hotel speaking with two police officers. Each of them was understandably very worried after they had walked down to the kennel that morning only to find that their little animal friends were nowhere in sight. Fluttershy could hardly breathe at the thought of Angel being lost in the wild with no food or water. Applejack fetched a paper bag to help her catch her breath.

"So you say the window in the day care center was wide open when you came down this morning?" inquired the unicorn police officer as he scribbled something down on his notepad while his partner stood beside him.

"Yes officer." Twilight answered worriedly.

"Alright. We'll alert the the forest rangers and tell them to keep their eyes peeled." the other officer spoke up.

"Is there anyway we can help?" Rarity pleaded. "Did we give clear enough descriptions?"

The two officers exchanged a glance before looking back at the notepad. "One of them's a cat with a diamond collar and another one's a tortoise with a propeller on its back." the stallion officer stated. "I doubt they'll be easy to miss."

"Don't worry." the policemare said softly. "We'll do whatever can to find them. In the mean time, I suggest you all head back home and wait for your pets there. Odds are if they're lost, that's where they may be headed."

"Okay." Twilight said sorrowfully. "Thank you, officers." With that, the two cops exited the hotel, leaving the six friends practically sick with worry.

"How could this have happened?" Applejack asked walking into the kennel and towards the window.

"I don't know, Applejack." Twilight answered joining her. "But I do know that we have to do everything we can. And I think the best thing we can do right now is head home and get the word out to everypony we know so they can help us."

"That police officer was right, you know." Fluttershy spoke up. "When pets get lost, their instincts often take over and guide them back to their home."

"But their home is all the way back in Ponyville!" Rainbow Dash blurted out. "Which is like a million miles from here! It could take them days to get there on foot."

Fluttershy's fear suddenly peeked again. "And who knows what kind of dangers could be in that forest? They could fall over a cliff, or drown in a river, or die of hunger! If not their own than something else's!" She burst out crying.

"My poor Opal-Wopal will never survive out there in the wild." Rarity spoke up. "A dark forest is simply no place for prim and proper cat such as her."

"Oh, and don't forget about Mt. Red Top." Pinkie Pie added. "They'll have to get past that if they're gonna have any chance of getting home safe." None of this was helping Fluttershy's panicked state.

Twilight wrapped her hoof around Applejack as they both stared out the window. "At least they have each other. As long as they all stick together and look after one another, I'm sure they'll all make it home safe and sound."

"I sure hope so, Twilight." said Applejack. "I sure hope so."

Author's Note:

Sorry this took so long. I've been real busy with school stuff. I wanted to make this one longer, but oh well.

EDIT: I made the chapter much longer now and added the part with the Mane 6. Enjoy.

See you in the next chapter. :)

Comments ( 2 )

So far Opal, Winona, Owlowisicious, and Angel are the only ones with night vision.

Login or register to comment