• Published 22nd Mar 2012
  • 629 Views, 5 Comments

The Mare of my Dreams. - Mehnlo



This story is loosely based on true events.

  • ...
 5
 629

The mare of my Dreams

The Filly of my Dreams

This story is about three ponies. Me, Handsome Knight, just an average, run of the mill Unicorn. I am a light brown color, with a history book for my Cutie Mark, I discovered it last year, I was a late bloomer, when I realized that history is my complete passion. I love it in every form. My horn is of average length, although fairly dull, as I do not practice magic that much. I do know how to levitate things, but that is about it. I used to wear glasses, although I now wear contacts. I had felt depression, happiness, love, and loss. I had thought I had found the right filly for me in the past, I was wrong and she broke my already fragile heart. I contemplated ending it all, but my fear of death and the unknown always held the blade. I would drown my sorrows in the Ponynet, especially on the game World of Warquine. The filly I am with now whom I adore with all my heart is Lightning Twirl, a Pegasus. She is absolutely beautiful, her coat is a light purple color, her Cutie Mark is three hearts, close together, representing her passion for romance and love in general, in all its forms. While she may not be skinny by any stretch of the imagination, she is far from even slightly overweight, she is just right. She lived for a long time in Coltifornia with her abusive boyfriend Mist Charger, another Pegasus. Lightning Twirl is amazing, she is absolutely wonderful in every way however she has had a few problems. She has been through worse than I ever have, abandonment issues, her husband cheated on her and got divorced, she is working a low pay job and is forced to live with that asshole Mist Charger. He is extremely mentally abusive and controlling, causing Lightning Twirl’s life to be even worse. Lastly, Mist Charger the Pegasus... I don’t even want to write about him. He represents everything that is wrong with Pegasi, he is arrogant, controlling, somewhat egomaniacal and very heartless. He is an ugly shade of grey, and his wings seem to wrap around him, almost like a cape. His chin is adorned with a smug looking five o’clock shadow, that he is somehow proud of. His Cutie Mark is a red jackhammer, adorning his flank, which he tends to hide with his wings.

One day, after a particular bad day at High School, I had gone onto World of Warquine, to try and chase away my sorrows. I could not, and eventually asked my friends if I could talk to one of them about some personal problems. It turns out, this was one of the best decisions of my life. A pony by the username, Trotawaren, answered. We got to talking, and I learned her real name was Lightning Twirl. We became fast friends, and I soon fell in love with her. However, I refused to admit it, I had already made the mistake of confessing my love to somepony before, and she broke my heart, and tossed the pieces into a fire. Besides, I figured, why would she ever like me like that? She has a boyfriend. However when I asked her about him, I realized her boyfriend, Mist Charger was a complete asshole. He called her awful names that I do not wish to repeat, he controlled her life, refusing to even let her fly places alone. She hated living with him but had to if she wanted a house to live in. Mist Charger even did the unthinkable once... He - he forced Lightning Twirl to get an abortion! I was absolutely shocked when I heard that. I realize that he was an awful, awful pony, and realized that even I, although I see myself as undesirable, would be a better coltfriend than him. Of course I could never say anything, what if she said no? What if it put a void between us that just split us up due to it being embarrassing. I suffered silently, constantly worrying about her even as our friendship kept growing stronger. Eventually she had said something that hinted to me that she might actually see me as more than just a friend. I couldn’t believe it, and I pursued what she said, it turns out she felt the same for me that I felt for her. I was elated, the feeling I felt then was beyond explanation. We decided we would end up living together, and started saving up money for me to get a ride through Pegasus Airlines to Coltifornia. However, just five days ago, I got a letter from her through Pony mail, saying that Mist Charger had found out what we were planning. He doesn’t want her to go, despite being such a bastard to her, he said he needed her. He locked her in their house, refusing to let her out.

My heart started to break, I couldn’t believe what I was reading. I asked Celestia why this happened to me, why was I seemingly a plaything of fate. I couldn’t take it, I had finally found the Celestia made filly for me, I loved her and she loved me, and now this selfish bastard was taking her away. However, instead of my heart, it was my mind that snapped. I am normally a very peaceful pony, however when I read that letter it all stopped. I swore, Mist Charger would not get away with what he was doing. Not only was he holding somepony against her will, that pony was the love of my miserable life. This is where I am now, sitting on the a chair in the Pony Express on my way to Coltifornia. Hold on Lightning Twirl... I’m coming.

--------------------

Lightning Twirl was sobbing, she had been sobbing almost nonstop since she got locked in her room. She tried flying through the door, but only slammed into it once again. “Let me out you bastard! I hate you!” She shouted between sobs, as her tears ran down her face and fell onto the floor. “Why... Why are you doing this?” She pleaded with Mist Charger who was, undoubtedly, on the other side of the door.

“Shut up, bitch! What do you even see in that looser? He doesn’t love you. No one could ever love you, he will only break your heart. I am doing you a favor!” Mist Charger replied. He had gotten home from work early to make sure Lightning Twirl didn’t escape. “Look, do you want anything to eat? You haven’t eaten in two days, you have to be getting hungry.”

Lightning Twirl walked up to the door angrily. “No! I don’t want anything from you. I would rather die than live with you anymore. And you’re wrong! Handsome Knight loves me and I love him. He is everything your not! He’s kind, compassionate, he CARES for me!” She then sadly trotted onto her bed where she continued sobbing. Not even listening to Mist Charger anymore. She retreated into her thoughts. Handsome Knight. I love you so much, why is this happening? This isn’t fair. None of this is fair! Within a few hours Lightning Twirl went to sleep, something she had been doing a lot lately.

Lightning Twirl opened her eyes. She looked around her sad room, then noticed that the window was open! But... How? She wondered, although not very long. She joyously ran towards the window, jumping out, and opening her wings wide, catching the wind and flying off, away from Mist Charger’s house. “Aahaha! I’m free!” She gleefully shouted, as she turned and started to fly towards where she knew Canterlot was. “I’m coming Handsome Knight!” She flew through the air for what seemed like hours, she had started crying again, although this time of happiness. Finally she got to Canterlot, and looked down onto the city streets. There he was, that wonderful colt, sadly looking up into the sky. She shouted his name as she landed down next to him.

Handsome Knight blinked. “Li-Lightning Twirl! Ho-How? How did you get away? Did he let you go?” He asked, the smile on his muzzle larger than it has ever been before. “It doesn't matter, you-your here!” He exclaimed, as he embraced her, silently crying. “I love you so much... Now that we are together, I will never leave you again...” Handsome Knight gets out in between sobs.

Lightning Twirl was crying now too. She had finally made it, they were finally together. Nothing could ruin this day. However, suddenly Handsome Knight stepped back, with a devilish smile on his face. “Wha-What are you doing that for? Handsome? What’s wrong?” She asked, startled by his expression.

Suddenly, Handsome Knight started changing. “I finally found you. It took hours but I found you...” His hair started changing its shape, as his body did too slightly. “I don’t know how you got away, but I will NOT let it happen again, oh I assure you.” His skin color changed from brown to grey. “If you will not love me, than you won’t be able to love anyone!” Mist Charger shouted, cackling maniacally as he charged towards a shocked Lightning Twirl. He picked her up by the scruff of her neck as he took off into the air. Continually talking, despite holding onto her with his mouth. Lighting Twirl couldn’t hear what he was saying, she just kept sobbing.

Suddenly Mist Charger stopped flying. “You have had too many chances. If I can’t have you. No one will!” He exclaimed, letting go of Lightning Charger, allowing her to fall to the ground.

“NOOOOOOOOO!!!” Lightning Twirl shrieked, as she plummeted towards the ground. However right before she hit the ground, her eyes shot open. She was still in her bed, she quickly looked at the window to find it barred and locked. “No...” Was all she let out, as she buried her head into her pillow and started crying once again.

--------------------

Mist Charger woke up, hearing Lightning Twirl shriek. “Bah. It’s probably just one of her stupid night terrors. I swear sometime that girl gets so annoying.” He muttered to himself as he got up and tiredly trotted to her door. “Lightening Twirl, are you all right?” He asked, however when all he heard was crying he figured that it was. “Dammit girl, stop crying, your being pathetic. Just accept it. I am the only one who would ever like you. Why do you think your family doesn’t help you? Or your precious ‘Handsome Knight’?” He stated, as he trotted back to his bed.

I don’t understand why she hates me so much. I mean it’s not my fault that I act like that sometimes. If only she would just not make me angry, I would never have to force her to do anything. She’s just being stupid, I know what is best for her. He thought to himself as he went back to sleep. Although he could not keep the doubt out of his head, what if she never did love him? Well... he would just have to make her.

“Yeah, Tomorrow I will show her why she lives with me in the first place. And why it isn’t such a bad thing. I know what she wants, I’ll give it to her.” He muttered to himself, smiling as he went back to sleep.

--------------------

It took three days for the Pony Express to get me from Canterlot to Coltifornia. I looked around, admiring the scenery, this really is a beautiful place. However, I was not here to sight see, I had a reason to be here. I needed to save Lightning Twirl, and if my name isn’t Handsome Knight, I will see it done! But how will I know exactly where she lives? I pondered this for a few minutes then I decided to go to the Police Station.

The secretary pony looked up at me with a bored look. “Yes, what do you want?” She asked.

I looked at her in the eye, stating that I needed to speak to a cop. She simply nodded and let me in. I sat down with a strong looking colt. “Okay, I have a serious problem. Uhm, do you know of the pony, Mist Charger?” I asked the officer.

He looked at me intently. “Yes, he has his own criminal record, why?”

“Because, he is holding his girlfriend hostage. She wanted to leave him but he wouldn’t let her. I need help, this is a hostage situation, please. Help me.” I pleaded with the officer, who did not look very surprised.

“Dammit. Why doesn’t this surprise me? We knew he was abusive but hostage? Alright kid, lets go. There aren't any free officers aside from me so I am all you will have.” He responded, as he stood up and quickly trotted out of the door. I followed after him. We both started galloping through the streets, I was following him, as I had no idea where to go. I hoped that I was not too late as we rushed through town. Finally we made it to a dark house on the street, all but one light was turned off, in that room were two shadows.

Suddenly we heard somepony shout no, stop! I recognized the voice as Lightning Twirl’s, I lost all sense of self preservation, needing to save her from whatever that bastard Mist Charger was doing. I galloped through the house, up the stairs and saw that one door was slightly ajar, with the light on. I scrambled into that room to find a large grey pegasus who I assumed was Mist Charger, trying to force himself onto Lightning Twirl. At first my jaw just dropped, I had never seen any sort of sexual action before and for a moment thought of turning back. However I steeled myself. “Get the fuck off of her, you fucking asshole!” I shouted, causing both of them to start as Mist Charger looked around, he saw me running up to him. Very quickly, faster than I had ever thought possible, I planted my two front feet on the ground and swung around, bucking Mist Charger right on the bottom of his muzzle. A loud crack was heard as Mist Chargers neck broke, and he fell to the ground, dead. I pulled him off out of the room, trotted back up to Lightning Twirl’s shaking body, lovingly nuzzled her cheek, whispering “It’ll be okay. It’s me Handsome Knight... Mist charger, he’s gone.” She was too shocked to say anything and simply started sobbing as she wrapped her hooves around me, putting her head on my neck. I simply sat there, letting her cry on me, embracing her. I would sit there for as long as I had too. Anything to make her feel better. I used my mouth to maneuver the blanket over us both, and we simply laid down, embracing each other, crying. I don’t remember what happened next, neither does she, we were both traumatized by what had happened, albeit she was more traumatized than I was.

--------------------

It has been four years since I saved Lightning Twirl from Mist Charger. We had gone back to Canterlot, and lived in my apartment. I finally got into college, and was holding down two jobs. Despite all of this, I was still able to spend time with her and love her. We had eventually gotten enough money to buy a house, and were living very happily. Her night terrors had stopped, for the most part. She was able to finish schooling, as beforehand she couldn’t. During this time, I finally became a man, and our first child was on it’s way. We couldn’t be any happier. She still keeps in contact with her family over Muzzlebook, and my parents accepted her after the first year. Life was finally turning around for us. Despite the veritable hells we had both been through, we fought our way through, kept moving forward and eventually reached the light. Love had finally found me, and fate was looking up. I couldn’t be happier, and now if you will excuse me, I have a pregnant mare, my wonderful wife, to attend to.

Comments ( 5 )

I thought that was nice.

HOLY WALL OF TEXT BATPONY!!

Best get out my grappling hook to climb this wall of text!

I heard you like walls of text so we put a wall of text in yo wall of text so you can wall of text while you wall of text.

Im sorry sir i just dont know what came over me but i can honestly say :unsuresweetie: "I like the stories ....WALL OF TEXT" :rainbowlaugh::trollestia::derpytongue2:

Ok I actually read it and I liked it :yay:

And they lived Happily Ever After:heart:

Login or register to comment