• Published 8th Feb 2014
  • 5,253 Views, 243 Comments

The Overlord - Space Wizard Novablast



When the mysterious figure known only as 'the overlord' travels to Equestria seeking dominance, what will happen?

  • ...
14
 243
 5,253

The Overlord and his new name

"Ow."

That was the first time The Overlord could ever remember saying that word. At all other times he would've cried out revenge in the most gruesome manner possible to strike terror into his by now piss-scared foe for inflicting him the slightest amount of pain. But at the moment, lying down on what he could only presume was what mortals called a 'hospital bed,' while being surrounded by incredibly bright technicolor ponies of almost the entire color spectrum, that was the only thing he could say.

But honestly, his entire body hurt like hell.

He could easily remember Convernus and his dastardly, and admittedly ingenious, plan to get rid of him, and while he was filled with rage at the mere memory, his ego received a massive hit as he remembered who had lured him into the trap.

None other than himself.

What he couldn't remember was how he got here. When he fell from the sky like a giant evil meteor he strongly remembered that he had hit a tree, which had books inside of it. The more he thought about that making sense the more his brain hurt, so he decided to stop before he gave himself an aneurism. But this wasn't a tree, much less a tree with books inside of it, so either they had taken him here as a prisoner or they had shown him a genuine act of kindness.

Option one: they would burn eternally.

Option two: weaklings!

"Hey look, the meteor thingy is awake!" A pink one, why did it have to be pink of all things shouted. Her voice was like sandpaper to the ears, and yet it felt even worse for The Overlord because her voice strangely sounded like....... Candy floss, which wasn't only sweet but also pink and fluffy! Intolerable.

"It sure is." Someone said, from above strangely enough. The Overlord had no desire to open his eyes lest he was faced with some horrible weaponry aimed directly at his head. Or worse, a panda.

"Are you gals sure? It hasn't opened its eyes yet." Someone with a southern accent said. Having to hear that was slightly more bearable, because it reminded The Overlord of the republicans, his most trusted minions and allies.

"He could be faking." The same voice said from above. Promptly bopping the tip of his spiked helmet. While it was just a prod it felt like his entire neck had been snapped. Which according to his minions hurt a lot, he could now tell why.

"Breathing stable," he heard another voice. It sounded suspiciously like the one he had heard before passing out when he landed. Which meant that they had moved him by themselves. So there was probably no guards.

"Why would he wear such a crude outfit?"

Okay, that was it.

"NO ONE INSULTS THE ARMOR OF THE DAMNED!" He yelled as he bolted upright, colliding with something cyan which smashed into a wall. But this boost of anger was quickly diminished as he howled in pain because every single bone in his body felt like it had been cracked at that very moment.

"Please dear, I was not trying to upset you." Said the same one as before. While he couldn't fake it anymore he still felt that interacting with creatures like this would diminish his cruelty, which would be completely unreasonable.

The Overlord snorted, without having a nose. "Well you succeeded nonetheless you intolerable horse-creature."

"Well, I never!" The same one said again, scoffing and sticking........ His, her, it's, nose in the air. Strike one went to the Overlord.

"Are y'all feeling alright mister?" The southern one asked, it tipped its Stetson in a polite greeting. Something the Overlord wasn't entirely ready to return.

"As soon as I can leave this infernal contraption I'll be doing wonderfully." He said, wriggling slightly as he tried to find out which of his body parts hurt, which he soon found out was all of the. "Now get me up before I send you and your compadres to the deepest dungeons of the Stygian pits!"

"Oh no mister." Some quiet one said to his right, he looked there and his orbs caught onto what looked suspiciously like a pegasus, yet another creature he had annihilated entirely from his on realm. "You'll be staying in bed until you're all nursed up."

"I don't need nursing you infernal being," he yelled, making it cover beneath the bed, "I need to get out of here and return to Earth!"

"Hey, no one bad mouthes Fluttershy!" Someone who sounded suspiciously like a female Jarvis cocker said. Next thing he knew his head had been turned 90 degrees towards the left and he was staring directly into a cyan face, the body which said face belonged to floated above the bed, held aloft by a pair of wings. "What have you got to say for yourself tough guy?"

"If you do not unhand me this very moment I will tear your wings off and stuff them up your bum!" He said through clenched teeth. The cyan thing looked shocked before she let go and landed. Now looking worriedly at the Overlord, her wings, and her butt in order.

"Now everypony." Said the same one who had supposedly examined him a few minutes earlier. "No need for harsh words, our friend here is obviously in shock after the terrible thing that happened to him, so let's give him some space."

The Overlord had to physically stop himself from throwing up at the mention of friendship, but he kept the bile on board as he merely glared at the purple beast with faintly hidden contempt.

"So," the same one said again, looking at the Overlord with a sheepish smile, "why don't we get everyone introduced." It pointed a single.... He guessed they were hooves, at its chest. "I'm Twilight sparkle."

"Rainbow dash." Said the cyan one. Of course this place would have something to do with rainbows, he thought.

"Rarity."

"Ah'm Applejack."

"im Fluttershy"

"Speak up you pestilence infested mongrel!" He hissed, making the pegasus once again duck her head beneath the bedside.

"She's Fluttershy," said the pink one. "And I'm Pinkamena Diane Pie, but most people call me pinkie pie! Or just pinkie, but I wouldn't mind if they called me something else. Maybe you can call me something else! Oh this is so much fun!"

If the Overlords mouth had actually existed then it would've been wide open. In stead his orbs grew a few millimeters in every direction. He heard faint giggles and a few sighs coming from the rest of the multi-colored entourage.

"Pinkie, I think that's enough." The one who was called Twilight said. "Wouldn't want to overwhelm our guest even before he's introduced himself.

you're gonna regret saying that, filthy pony!

"I am the Overlord, supreme ruler of Tiberius, menacing doombringer of the carnivorous flies, herald of Beelzebub.........."


About 700 titles later.......


"....... And the incredible destroyer of the panda race!" The Overlord said, feeling quite pleased with himself. It seemed like his peers didn't share his excitement, as most of them were looking bored beyond belief. Rainbow Dash had even fallen asleep while flying. The only one who still listened was Pinkie Pie, whom was smiling so wide that her face was in danger of splitting.

"Wow, that's a looooooong name!" She shrieked. Her voice was still as unpleasant as getting bum-fucked with a sandpaper condom, but at least she was screaming or yelling. "Mind if I give you a nickname?"

"Yes, I do mind that, a lot actually."

"Good." She said, completely oblivious to his statement. She tapped her chin thoughtfully as the gears in her brain churned so hard that the Overlord could practically hear them. Out of nowhere a light-bulb appeared above her head, floating there and completely defying gravity.

"How about....."

This is it the Overlord thought to himself. With all the titles he had used, surely his name would be threatening, it would strike fear into the hearts of those who dared even whisper it.

oh hell to the fuck yeah

"....Ollie?"

........

"You have exactly five seconds to change that before I pull your rectum out with a rusty pizza slicer."

Author's Note:

I'd like to tell you guys something that I find quite funny. Guess what the inspiration for this story was.

Playing overlord 2? No

Playing the original overlord? No

Waiting for overlord 3? No

I've just been playing way too much dungeon keeper.