• Published 4th Feb 2014
  • 14,013 Views, 374 Comments

A Demon In Ponyville - Terciel1249



Mathew fell into Equestria after being cast out by mankind. With no way to return home, Mathew will have to find his way in this land of talking multicolored ponies.

  • ...
52
 374
 14,013

Smacking Down an Overgrown Lizard (Revised)

A Demon in Ponyville
Ch. 3: Smacking Down an Overgrown Lizard
Disclaimer: I do not own the rights to My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. All other characters are my own.

The ponies of Ponyville gazed in fear and awe towards the center of Ponyville. None dared to get close. The CMC cried with joy. Matthew turned its attention back to the hydra. The beast continued its efforts to crush the stallion. Twilight and the CMC to yelped in shock, the ground cracking under the dueling forces.

This guys a stronger than I thought.

Matthew thought, beads of sweat developing on his brow. Even with his body shaking under the hydra’s foot, Matthew had power. And his power made him better.

“AH!” Twilight and the CMC yelped in surprise. Matthew bellowed loudly, firing a dark blast of energy from his right hoof. The CMC cried in amazement while the rest of the ponies cried in terror at the sight of the hydra flying through the air. The creature landed in a heap close to the Everfree Forest, landing a good hundred meters from the ponies.

Matthew turned toward Twilight and the CMC, “Are all of you alright?”

Twilight nodded. The CMC suddenly jumping at Matthew and catching the stallion by surprise to embrace him with their little arms, crying, “Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!”

Matthew gently patted them on the back with his left hoof, comforting them, “It’s alright. You’re safe now.”

Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Pinkie and Applejack approached the scene with apprehension, all of them staring at Matthew with wide eyes. Applebloom rushed to embrace Applejack with a cry of joy. The sisters embraced in silent tears. Scootaloo rushed to Rainbow Dash and Sweetie Belle jumped to embrace Rarity.

Twilight shakily got to her hooves, her eyes on Matthew at all times. She asked, “Who are you?”

“GGGRRRROOOAHHHH!”

Matthew opened his mouth to answer, but an earsplitting roar from blasted through the air. Matthew turned towards the hydra, finding beams of darkness firing from each the hydra’s mouths. The attack cleaved apart cloud formations, cutting into the land and mountain side.

OK! I may have failed world religions, but when could a hydra do that?!

Matthew rocketed towards, sending a shockwave of air to blast the ponies standing around him.

Applejack gaped, “Woah!” As Twilight gawked in the stallion’s wake. That wasn’t magic! Twilight had an ability that all unicorn’s could utilize, the ability to sense magic. Twilight felt no surge of magic in him, instead she felt something different. What she felt was a strange shifting energy, it felt smooth yet rough, cold yet hot, calm but vicious.

Twilight turned to face Rarity, the white unicorn’s eyes wide with horror. Both of these ponies felt the same thing. They may not know what it was, but it was powerful.

Matthew appeared at the feet of the hydra. All four of the beast’s heads looked down towards the lone stallion. All eight of those green eyes were filled with uncontrolled and unadulterated hatred for the stallion. Matthew stood his ground, stomping his right hoof. Several cracks formed under the appendage. “I’ll tell you this once. Leave. You won’t get another warning.”

The four heads lunged towards Matthew. Matthew brought his hoof back and jumped at the snarling beast’s heads. Matthew’s punch caught the hydra in an explosion of energy on contact. The hydra’s heads flew back, Matthew going on the offensive. Diving hoof first into the creature’s gut, the hydra doubled over in pain. Flecks of spittle flew from the four mouths and onto the ground.

Matthew appeared to the hydra’s left, rushing towards its side. The head closest turned to him, firing off a blast of darkness. Matthew jumped to the right to dodge. The shockwave caught him off guard, sending him skidding further right then he wanted too. Two of the heads fired energy at him. Matthew disappeared before the darkness exploded in front of the hydra, leaving a charred hole.

Matthew was under the far left head, jumped towards the creature’s head to deliver a vicious uppercut. Blood and a large pointed tooth flew out of the creature’s mouth. Matthew caught the second head as it came lunging from out of nowhere.

Matthew was caught off guard as the mouth opened, revealing several large and quite dangerous looking teeth. A dark mass roared at Matthew, exploding in front of the hydra’s head when it made contact with the stallion’s body. Matthew flew back through the air, pivoting his body to see the hydra’s next move. One head was covered by a cloud of smoke, but the three other heads were firing upon him.

Crossing his arms, Matthew attempted to block the blast. One head wasn’t that bad, but times that by three and you’ve got a powerful explosion.

The girls and CMC gasped when the three pillars of darkness connected with the stallion The resulting explosion shook all of the houses to their foundations. Matthew flew through the air, leaving a trail of smoke behind him. Matthew crashed into the ground several feet from Twilight and her friends.

The ponies rushed to the hole, circling around the deep dark crevice Matthew found himself in. Applebloom called, “Are ya’ll alright in there?”

Matthew groaned, feeling the scorch marks over his body and the surprisingly deep lacerating pain on the right side of his stomach. Matthew felt the side, something wet and warm flowing over his fur and hoof. His previous wound allowing his blood to trickle out of his body. Owe. That hurt. Matthew called back to the surface, sarcasm filling his voice, “Yeah! I’m fantastic! Nothing but gumdrops and ice-cream down here!”

Pinkie Pie asked in hope, “OOOOOH! Really? Can I come in too?”

Applejack swore she heard a hoof collide with Matthew’s forehead. Matthew grumbling, “I’m surrounded by idiots.”

“I thought you were surrounded by gumdrops and ice-cream?”

“AGH!” Matthew yelled in frustration. All of the ponies jumping back from the flying dirt and rocks. Matthew stood in front of the group, his scowl deep and penetrating. All of the ponies winced at the sight of burnt, blackened skin and the blood dripping from his side. Matthew panted, “That’s it! The gloves are coming off!”

“But you’re not wearing gloves,” Pinkie commented. Every other pony groaned in exasperation.

Matthew held out his left foreleg, power flowing into the appendage. Unlike the right side, a bright flowing energy poured from the limb covering it with a white light. As it covered the limb, the light solidified, forming a crystal flowing from hoof to shoulder. The transformation ended at the shoulder in a sharp point. The girls gasped in surprise. Twilight could only associate this formation of crystal with a sleeve of armor. The smooth white material flowed over the fetlock to the joint, leaving a small gap for the joint to move as a second piece of crystal formed an upper guard. A triangular point rose several inches above the shoulder, providing a small amount of cover for his neck.

Rarity gasped, the crystal armor sending a rainbow of colors in every direction.

Matthew rushed forward into battle, the hydra preparing a second barrage of dark energy. Matthew stopped just in front of the hydra. All four head released their power onto him. Matthew crossed his arms, the white crystal contrasting against the swirling dark energy of his right arm. The four beams hit the stallion, the resulting mushroom cloud obliterating the unfortunate homes closest to the fight.

The hydra chuckled in triumph. The laugh sounding like stones being rubbed against each other. The smoke dissipated, that chuckle becoming caught in the hydra’s throat. All eight eyes filled with surprise. Matthew still remained standing, a smirk spreading across his muzzle.

The power of Matthew’s left arm wasn’t an offensive ability, but defensive. The crystallized structure was the pure energy solidified, making it stronger than diamond. If anything makes contact with the crystal, energy is released dispersing the force of any attack. This release of energy could soften any physical or energy attack while the crystal stops it completely.

Matthew rushed forward, rapidly punching the hydra’s gut with both hooves. The left arm may not be as powerful as the right, the crystal’s hardness more than made up for it. The hydra’s feet began to leave the ground under Mathew’s continued assault on its abdomen. Each punch felt like a bomb. Large droplets of blood flew from the four heads, their insides being pulverized

When the hydra was fifty feet in the air, Matthew wrapped his forelegs around the one of the hydra’s feet. With a titanic heave, Matthew flipped the hydra over his head and threw it into the ground. All of the ponies felt the ground shudder. Ever window in Ponyville rattled in place.

Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Twilight, the CMC and any pony looking towards the fight could not help their jaws from crashing into the earth. A pony had just thrown a hydra.

The hydra was not beaten yet. Pulling all of its energy, the four heads powered up for one last attack for Matthew. The stallion slowly fell towards his prey. Matthew put both of his hooves together, light and darkness sparking when they made physical contact.

Darkness and light were never meant to be mixed. They were opposites, forever to live away of the other, only existing because the other does. If they touch, the reaction was chaotic and not fully able to control. Matthew was the only one able to force this connection.

The four heads fired their energy at the descending Matthew, the blue sparks growing bigger between his hooves. Matthew threw his hooves forwards at the rapidly approaching darkness.

The inhabitants of Ponyville cried out in shock. Blue energy collided with the dark energy. Cutting through the hydra’s attack, the blue energy hit the hydra with full force. The resulting blast sent a shockwave of air through the town, every piece of glass shattering. Shards rain down on the streets. Ponies dove under any shelter available. Most weren’t harmed because they were hiding when the hydra attacked. Few ponies were cut up bad, but nothing deep.

The hydra lay in the dirt, breathing heavily as its body ached. *Cough* *Cough* Crimson blood flew from the four mouths, spasms wracking its body. The pain it felt was just too much. The hydra could hardly move, let alone attack again.

The stallion appeared next to the hydra’s left head, its green eyes staring daggers at Matthew. Matthew stood defiantly, forcing his muscles to remain still as they burned under his skin. “It’s over.”

The hydra slowly closed its eyes, almost falling asleep. When they opened, Matthew raised an eyebrow in surprise. These now blue eyes focused on him. Blue eyes filled with fear at the sight of him. What just happened? The hydra whimpered at the pain of their fight. The beast was just now realizing how much he was hurting all over. The hydra shied away from Matthew, dragging itself across the ground.

That doesn’t make sense! It was just trying to destroy me as second ago, and now it’s afraid of me. What’s going on here? Mind control?

Matthew sighed, taking note of the change of eye colored as he said to the beast, “It’s alright. I won’t hurt you.” The hydra didn’t believe him. The beast slowly rolled onto its feet wincing as every part of its body throbbed with pain. Matthew watched the hydra leave in silence. The hydra limped back to the Everfree Forest to rest its wounds, but not before taking a moment to look back at the stallion.

With the hydra returning to its home, Matthew rushed back into town. Matthew appeared in front of Twilight and friends. The group jumped a few feet in the air at his sudden appearance. Matthew had to catch himself from crashing face first into the road. Woah, got a little lightheaded there. I think I might have overdone it. I need a vacation. Seriously, why does this shit keep happening to me! I mean this is some seriously fu… Oh look ponies. Matthew’s internal ranting ending at the sight of three little fillies slowly moving towards him. Their eyes full of wonder.

Matthew suddenly noticed the larger group standing behind them. Slowly the town’s inhabitants had left their hiding places to stand behind Twilight and her friends. Matthew ignored their gaping muzzles, turning his attention to the three standing in front of him. Oh god what do I say! What do you say after something like that? How do you talk to children? Hello? How are you? Are you all right? Think man! Think of something comforting! Or cool! I would accept something cool. Matthew smiled, saying the only thing that came to mind, “Are you three alright?” That wasn’t cool. A nice thought, though.

Matthew jumped a few feet when the CMC cried with joy, launching at him to give him the biggest hug their small limbs could provide.

“That was awesome!” Scootaloo yelled.

“That was so cool!” Sweetie Bell chimed in.

“You sure showed that hydra! Thanks so much!” Applebloom admonished.

This seemed to break the tension for the rest of the ponies, Twilight and the rest of them finding the courage to move closer to Matthew. The regular folks chose to stand a short distance behind their princess. Matthew’s confused expression met the group, not sure how to react to this kind of situation. The awkwardness was really high for both sides. What level is it? It’s over 9000! Matthew thought. Clearing his voice, Mathew patted the fillies on their backs with his left arm, “You don’t need to thank me. I’m glad to help.” Aw! That’s sweet man.

Applejack noticed Matthew’s awkwardness, but saw genuine gratitude for their safety as he looked down on the fillies. Everypony in front of Mathew noticed his trembling limbs. Applejack decided to lend the stallion a hoof, “Alright, ya little whippersnappers. Give the pony a break.”

The CMC groaned, releasing Matthew to return to the older ponies, Applejack looked into the stallion’s eyes. There she saw the tiredness. Fighting a hydra really has to take it out of a fella.

Twilight caught sight of the light drip-drop of blood quenching the dry dirt. Twilight asked, worried as Matthew’s drooping eyes, “Are you alright?” Weariness began to tax the stallion’s feeble mind.

Like any male, Mathew had to act tough and brush it off. “Yeah. It’d take more than a hydra to stop me. I can take whatever’s thrown at me.”

And there goes my legs!

Everypony gasped. Matthew’s eyes rolling into the back of his head before collapsing in a heap. The crystal on his arm shattered, each individual shard crumpling into nothing. The darkness on his right arm dissipated into thin air, leaving the faint smell of ozone before it was swept away by the wind.

Twilight, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Rarity and the CMC rushed to him. Twilight scanned Matthew’s body with lavender magic, noting the various burns, cuts and bruising. Rarity ripped a piece of curtain from a ruined window, offering it to Applejack. Applejack pressed the fabric against the cut in an attempt to stop the bleeding. Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie held back the CMC, giving their friends space to work.

Twilight turned to Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie, “Rainbow Dash, can you carry him to the hospital? The rest of us will check if anypony was injured.”

Rainbow Dash gave a salute before moving next to the unconscious stallion. Rarity levitated Matthew’s body onto her back. Sweet Celestia, he’s heavy! Rainbow thought as she took to the air.

Even weighed down, Rainbow Dash soared through the air with great speed. The wind whipped her mane in every direction. The mare moved toward the white building.

Nurse Redheart finished organizing the last of the patient’s paperwork. All of the papers were neatly placed in their horizontal slots on the nurse’s station. Redheart stood up from her small chair, preparing to do her rounds. The double doors to the hospital suddenly burst open. A gust of wind threw all of those neatly organized papers onto the clean sterile floor. Redheart prepared to scold the pony who had just destroyed an hour’s worth of work. Redheart’s voice died in her throat. The sight of Rainbow Dash carrying an unconscious pony on her back knocking the insult out of the nurse’s head.

“This pony needs a doctor! Fast!” Rainbow Dash yelled.

Nurse Redheart called for a stretcher, a group of ponies rushing out of the hallway to collect Matthew from the cyan Pegasus. The ponies rushed Matthew into the observation room.

Rainbow Dash made to exit the building, but Nurse Redheart called out to her, “Miss Dash! Before you leave, you need to sign him in.”

Rainbow Dash turned to the nurse, “Um, yeah. Can we skip all that? I need to check up on Ponyville.”

The Nurse tapped her hoof impatiently, “Health codes state that every pony has to be accounted for and this stallion needs someone to sign for him.” The cyan Pegasus groaned in irritation. Moving to the nurse’s desk, ready to start signing whatever was needed.

0 0 0

Twilight moved about the group of ponies standing in the center of town. After the Rainbow Dash left, the townsfolk slowly began to return to their homes. Twilight and Applejack checked each pony individually. Pinkie Pie rushed around town like a pony possessed. The mare was asked to count everypony, making sure no one was missing. Rarity took the CMC to her home, keeping them away from any of the damaged buildings and glass shards glistening under Celestia’s sun. Twilight and Applejack were surprised when Pinkie returned. Bringing with her news that everypony accounted. Only a few of the ponies were injured, either bruised or cut, but most were able to escape the town unharmed. What concerned Twilight wer the varying accounts from the townsfolk.

“One more time, please?” Twilight asked, eyeing Carrot Top with a raised eyebrow.

Carrot Top said again, “I was walking running from the hydra for dear life. Then I tripped on something. When I turned around, the hydra was about to stomp on me, then nothing.”

“Nothing?”

“Yeah,” Carrot Top answered sheepishly, “I closed my eyes before the foot came down. When I opened my eyes I was two blocks away from it. I don’t know what happened. I was there. Then I was down the street away from the hydra. Sorry, Princess. I don’t know anything else.”

Twilight sighed, before smiling and sending Carrot Top off, “It’s alright, Carrot Top. Thank you for answering my questions.”

Twilight thought deeply, unsure of what to make of this situation. It’s great that all of the ponies were unharmed, but how they got that way was baffling. Pinkie’s shrill cry broke Twilight out of her reveries, “Look! The Princess!”

All eyes followed the pink hoof pointing towards the sky. A golden chariot pulled by two white Pegasus wearing glittering golden armor descended from the clouds to land softly in the dirt. Princess Celestia, wearing her traditional crown with her long multi-colored mane flowing in the wind behind her, stepped lightly out of the carriage. The princess overlooked the crowd, her visible eye showing relief to see that all of the ponies in front of her were unharmed. Twilight, Applejack and Pinkie rushed forward to meet her. Everypony bowed to the Princess of the Sun.

Celestia addressed Twilight, “Twilight, are there any seriously injured?”

Twilight reported, “Only a few injuries, but not life threatening.”

“Good to hear,” Celestia sighed. “When I saw the blast of dark energy, I immediately set out to see if you needed assistance. Looks like you and your friends didn’t need any of my help.”

Twilight blushed slightly, rubbing the back of her head in awkwardness, “Actually princess, we didn’t beat the hydra.”

Celestia’s eye widened in surprise, “Then who did?”

“Well…um,” Twilight mumbled, searching for the right words.

Applejack took over, “Some alicorn beat the stuffing out of the varmint.”

“Yeah, that.”

Celestia thought she was missing something here, “Um, what happened exactly?”

Before Twilight could begin, Pinkie Pie jumped in, “It was amazing! This alicorn was all like AGH! The hydra was all like GRAH! Then there were explosions and lights! And it was so pretty!”

“What?”

Applejack put a hoof to Pinkie’s mouth, “What Pinkie’s trying to say is that some alicorn came out of nowhere and caught the hydra’s foot when it was about to step on my sister and Twilight.” Celestia gasped, turning to Twilight with worry in her eye. Applejack continued, “They’re alright now, Princess. Rarity took my sister and her friends to her house to look after them while we stayed here to check on everypony. But anyway, the pony then freaking threw the hydra out of town then proceeded to deliver the smack down of a lifetime. It was brutal!”

Celestia, in all of her years had never quite heard such a story like that before. Another alicorn? How is that possible? “I think it would be best if I met this alicorn. She seems powerful and I would personally like to thank them for driving that hydra away.” Far away, Matthew felt a sudden surge of rage.

Why are they snickering? Celestia raised a confused eyebrow at the girls triing to contain their mirth. “Did I say something wrong?”

“Kinda Princess,” Applejack chuckled.

Twilight tried to explain, “Well, Princess Celestia, that alicorn doesn’t have a second X chromosome.”

“Wait, what?” Celestia was even more confused now.

“That ponies not a sister, per say,” Applejack responded.

“Huh?”

“He’s a boy,” Pinkie answered, rolling on the ground.

“How is that possible?” Celestia asked, shocked at this new revelation. The princess only received shrugs from the ponies in front of her. Composing herself, Celestia said, “Well, I’ll just have to meet him and ask. As for Ponyville, when I return to Canterlot I’ll send construction crews to start rebuilding the destroyed homes.” Celestia stopped, noticing a few absent members of the town, “Where are Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash? I don’t see them among the crowd.”

“Oh,” Twilight remembered, “Fluttershy’s in Canterlot right now. She was asked to assist the park service with a nasty dispute between the squirrels and the woodpeckers. Rainbow Dash dropped the alicorn at the hospital.”

“I see,” Celestia responded, before motioning to the three to follow her. The guards pulling the carriage formed up on each side of Celestia to march alongside the group.

0 0 0

Celestia and the group made it to Ponyville hospital after a quick fifteen minute walk. Celestia obtained more details on the hydra attack from Twilight, “A dark barrier you say?”

“Yes, Princess,” Twilight nodded. “It blocked my most powerful spell.”

“Hm,” Celestia hummed to herself. “That does not bode well. It would take an incredibly powerful and evil entity to create a barrier that could to deflect your spell, Twilight.”

The small group approached the large double doors of the hospital, hearing a very loud voice shout, “How in the hay am I supposed to know if he’s allergic to anything! I just met the guy!”

Twilight rolled her eyes. Celestia chuckled, pushing open the door to find Rainbow Dash sitting on one of the green lobby chairs with a chart in her hooves. The Pegasus was caught starring daggers at Nurse Redheart. The pair stopped their bantering when Celestia entered the room. Both rushed to the princess, bowing low to the ground. Celestia greeted each in kind before asking Redheart, “How is the patient?”

Nurse Redheart answered, “Dr. Lifesaver is still working on him. He should be out soon with news.”

The princess nodded in understanding, offering her thanks before taking a seat on one of the cold chairs. The rest of the group joined her, partaking in small talk to fill the time. The wait wasn’t long. An orange unicorn with a short brown mane walked into the lobby, levitating a chart a few inches away from his face.

Looking up from his notes, Dr. Lifesaver nearly had a heart attack seeing Princess Celestia waiting patiently in the lobby. After a stumbling over his words, Lifesaver finally spat out, “Can I help you p-Princess?”

Celestia responded with a kind smile, “I just wanted to see how the pony Rainbow Dash brought in was doing?”

The doctor answered, “Oh, he’s doing quite well actually. He’s asleep right now.”

“Wait, what?” asked Twilight, unsure of if the doctor was joking. Applejack sharing her surprise, they both saw this guy get hit by the full force of a hydra’s blast. You’d expect the fellar would have something worst than a few bruises and cuts.

“He had a few burns and a nasty cut on his side, but other than that he just looks exhausted,” Dr. Lifesaver responded, turning towards Twilight. “There was no life threatening injuries that I could find. All I had to do was stitch up his side and clean those burns.”

“B-b-but,” Twilight stuttered, “I saw him take a full blast from four hydra heads. How in all of Equestria did he survive that?”

The doctor shrugged, “He’s a tough pony?” Turning back to his notes, Dr. Lifesaver read off, “He had minor blood loss, and there was a pre-existing cut on his left leg and some on his barrel. Some bruising along the ribs and face, some internal organs showed bruising, and has shown signs of extensive physical exertion (he was drenched in sweat, breathing heavily, and had constant muscle trembling).” Dr. Lifesaver took a breath, returning to the group in front of him. “It seems to me as if he just needed some sleep and fluids. I put him on an IV drip before moving him into a room.”

Celestia asked, “What’s your prescription, Doctor?”

Dr. Lifesaver answered, “Some rest, a goodnights sleep, and no strenuous activities for a period of time.”

“But what if we need to talk to him? We can’t talk to a sleeping pony.” asked Applejack.

The doctor only shrugged, “Sorry, he’s in a pretty deep sleep right now. He didn’t even wake up as I was stitching him up.”

“Wait!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed, “Didn’t you give him a shot to numb him before you started stitching his skin back together?”

“No, Miss Dash,” Lifesaver answered. “Since we have no physical history of him, I couldn’t just give him an anesthetic. He could have an allergic reaction. Plus, he didn’t respond to any of my prodding or attempts to wake him. This allowed me to work while he was unconscious.”

“Thank you, doctor,” Celeastia said with a smile. Doctor Lifesaver left the group to return to his other patients. The princess turned to Twilight, Applejack, Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie, announcing, “I guess we’ll just have to wait for him to wake up.”

Applejack sighed making her way towards the exit, “Well, I’ve got to go. I’m gonna grab Apple Bloom and take her home.”

Rainbow Dash flew into the air, “I’m gonna go, latter princess!” The Pegasus flew out the double door, irritating Nurse Redheart more when her carefully organized papers were once again scattered on the floor.

Pinkie Pie said her goodbyes, “Bye, Princess Celestia! Bye, Twilight! I’ve got a welcome party to plan!” With that, the pink pony bounced out of the hospital wearing a wide grin.

Celestia turned to Twilight, “Twilight.” Her faithful student turned to her expectantly. “As soon as that pony is awake, I would like you to send a letter to me. I would very much like to meet him as soon as possible.”

Twilight bowed to her teacher. Celestia returned to Canterlot and Twilight to check on the rest of Ponyville.