• Published 4th Feb 2014
  • 508 Views, 12 Comments

Rarity's New Thread - MoltenXKid



Progress can not happen without trying new things. And in Rarity's case, this is true. What lengths will she venture, so that her shop and fashions soar to the top? Only Fleur de Lis can determine that

  • ...
3
 12
 508

One Last Job

Author's Note:

Welcome to the end mates. It's almost done.

Rarity lay on her sofa, sipping on some tea. The day seemed peaceful. The wind blew softly against the tree creating a rustling sound outside. The sun shined in the blue sky as the clouds moved lazily with the wind. For the past couple of weeks, she had been busy with clients all whom Fleur had recommended her to them. Finally, after so many sleepless night, a rest period had presented itself, and Rarity had taken it.

“Life can be beautiful, Opal.” Rarity spoke out loud as she stroked her cat, “One simply has to take the time and look.”

Rarity then reached for her tea cup again. As she did, a poof rang throughout the room causing the cat to become startled. It leaped into the air causing rarity to spill hot tea onto herself. Amidst the confusion, a lone scroll landed onto the floor.

After she cleaned up herself, and the floor, Rarity looked wearily at the scroll. It could be simple as a commission, or extreme as her past few jobs. There was only one way to find out. With a sigh, Rarity grabbed and opened the scroll.

Dearest Rarity,

Your most recent design was absolutely amazing. If it wasn’t for my horn, I doubt they could have told if I were a zebra or not. It was a great filled with food, music, and other things a lady can’t mention. Anyway, your bits should be in the mail and customers from Zebrica should be knocking down your door. Aren’t you a lucky mare? Anyway, it’s been a couple of weeks, and I tired of wearing the same old things. SO, I need you to create something spectacular for the last time. Yes, last time. For the last time, I want something…I don’t know…you do it. There are literally as many options as there are ponies in Equestria. So, go for it. I expect something great. Great...that's made from dragon scales.


One last job. This was great. Only one more time she would have to do her villainous deed. Though, it was just some pony...it was her Spikey Wikey. Rarity really didn’t want to hurt anyone else, but she had to. She couldn't just stop. Fleur had too much on her. Too much power. With one simple tongue slip, the Carousel Boutique would be ruined. That would disastrous, and Rarity's reputation would crash. She wouldn't need that many scales, right? Only a little bit would do.


Rarity trotted over to the Grand Oak library. She had no reason to hide or sneak. She was only going to ask a friend a favor. A big favor. Once she arrived to the library, Twilight let her in. It wasn't abnormal for her to come over and ask Spike for favors. Who else would dig up the crystals she found or try on a new outfit. Maybe she was abusing his little crush, but it was all in good faith.

"Hey,Rarity!" Spike yelled as he ran down the stairs with his chubby legs, "What brings you around here?"

"I wanted to ask you a favor..." Rarity answered.

"Anything for you..."

"I was wondering...about your scales."

"What about 'em?"

Rarity was going to ask if she she could have some, but she couldn't do it. Not to her Spikey. Not just for some stupid outfit for an insane model. It wasn't worth it.

"How do you keep them so shiny?"

"It's this special mixture of herbs and mineral that I got from Fluttershy...I didn't know you noticed."

Spike blushed and Rarity smiled. She couldn't take something so special from her friend. She decided to take her leave soon after. With a kiss to Spike's cheek and a farewell to Twilight, Rarity left for the Boutique.

When she arrived home, Rarity sat in her creation room and sighed. She didn't know what to do now. She wished there could be a way no one had to get hurt and still satisfy Fleur. She rubbed the soft fur on the back of her neck nervously. She had to make a decision and fast. She stuffed her head in her hooves in thought. The incredible smell of expensive fur products drifted into her nostrils. It was then, it was all clear.

Rarity made a mad dash throughout her room until she found what she was looking for-scissors and a mirrors. She levitated the mirror and looked herself in the eyes. The white fur glowed in the light while her mane flowed like a river. With a soft smile, she began cutting.