• Published 2nd Feb 2014
  • 2,270 Views, 8 Comments

Trixie's Death Bed - WriteAboutHorses



Trixie is terminally ill and demands Twilight to forgive her for her past encounters on her death bed.

  • ...
3
 8
 2,270

The End is Neigh

Princess Twilight Sparkle was busy re-shelving books at the Golden Oaks Library. It was how she spent most of her days. Whenever ponies visited, they were sure to place books back in the wrong place, much to the alicorn's annoyance. But still, re-shelving was a good way to relief stress, which Twilight was always full of.

Her work was interrupted by a swift knock on the front door. As Twilight opened it she was greeted by a blue unicorn humbly bowing before her.

"Trixie?" Twilight asked.

"Yes, your highness, it is I, the Great and Powerful Trixie" The mare replied, still bowing low for the princess.

"Trixie, you don't have to bow, I'm not on any royal business or anything."

"Nonsense, you are a princess, why shouldn't I bow?"

Twilight rolled her eyes. "What do you want?"

Trixie stood up straight. "Unfortunately, it seems that Trixie is ill, and not just ill, I believe my time in Equestria is slowly ending.

It was then that Twilight noticed the way Trixie was speaking, it sounded as if her nose was blocked..

"What exactly is wrong with you Trixie?" Twilight asked.

"Oh, it's terrible, just terrible! My nose is blocked, my head is sore, my voice sounds most undignified and I can't stop *achoo* sneezing!"

Twilight knew exactly what was wrong.

"Trixie, you're not going to die. You've just got a case of the common cold, It'll be gone in a few days." She assured the unicorn.

"Nonsense!" Trixie barked. "The only thing that'll be gone in a few days is Trixie!"

Twilight once again rolled her eyes. "You should come inside, your cold might get worse if you stand around in the cold all day."

"Trixie does not have a cold! She has some sort of terminal disease that has no cure and she is sure of it!"

Twilight levitated a book out of the large stack sitting on her floor waiting to be shelved.

"This book contains every disease known to ponydom, and it's symptoms." Twilight opened the book and started fumbling through it until she found the page on the common cold.

"The common cold is the most common sickness. Symptoms include, blocked or runny nose, headaches, uncontrollable sneezing and almost always feeling cold." Twilight showed the page to Trixie, who simply pushed it away.

"How do you know Trixie hasn't caught a disease not known to ponydom? Have you ever thought of that?"

Twilight held in her frustration and placed the book back in the pile. "Why is it that you wanted me to know that you're sick anyway?"

"Well, as you know, Trixie hasn't got quite a good reputation here in Ponyville, and I was hoping that you, at least, would forgive me for all that I have done in my final hours.

"Seriously?" Twilight asked.

"Seriously" Trixie replied.

"How about you head upstairs Trixie? You can rest in my bed and I'll make you some soup."

"Certainly not!" Trixie scoffed. "Trixie refuses to die in the bed of a princess, she demands a bed for herself!"

"Trixie!" Twilight snarled.

"Fine" Trixie sighed. She climbed up the stairs to Twilight's bedroom.

Twilight walked into her kitchen and began to cook some soup for Trixie. What could she do to convince Trixie that she has a cold? Should she at least try to play along until Trixie is better? There had to be some surefire way to convince Trixie that she wasn't going to die.

After finishing Trixe's soup, Twilight brought it upstairs. Trixie was lying in Twilight's bed with a box of tissues by her side.

"Where did you get those tissues?" Twilight asked.

"I conjured them, Trixie may be near death, but she can still use her magic." The unicorn bragged.

"Well, here's your soup, it should ease your cold a little and you might recover quicker."

"For the last time, Trixie does not have a cold!" Trixie growled. "She is terminally ill and should be left alone to die"

"Oh for the love of Celestia, Luna, Cadence and me! I'm taking care of you Trixie! You can't just demand that I leave you alone"

"Trixie cannot be cured! But she is ready to hear you forgive her" The unicorn smiled.

Twilight sighed. "Trixie, I forgive you"

"For?"

Twilight twitched. "Everything. Can I please prove you just have a cold now?"

"No no, I'm going to die soon, it's best if you leave me alone, Trixie's final hours will not be her finest."

"Well I'm going to get a doctor, if you won't listen to me, Hopefully you'll listen to him."

Trixie rolled her eyes. "For the last time Sparkle, no doctor can cure Trixie!"

"I don't want him to cure you, I want him to tell you what's wrong with you, and maybe you'll believe him!" Twilight said as she walked downstairs.


Half an hour later, Twilight returned with Doctor Stable from Ponyville Hospital.

"Here she is doctor, she believes she has some sort of terminal disease, could you please prove otherwise?" Twilight asked.

"Of course, your majesty" Doctor Stable went over to Trixie and began to check her pulse.

"Um, Princess..." The doctor stuttered.

"What is it?" Twilight asked.

"She has no pulse..."

Twilight gasped. "She really was going to die, I can't believe I didn't believe her, now she's gone..."

"I'm sorry your majesty, it's not your fault." The doctor assured her.

"HAH!" Trixie leaped out of bed and pointed at Twilight with her hoof "Gotcha, Sparkle!"

"What!?" Twilight growled. "You pretended to DIE just to trick me?"

"I know, isn't Trixie brilliant?" Trixie gloated.

"Why would you do that?" Twilight asked.

"After you left, I realised that you were right, I just had a cold. So instead of having to admit defeat, I used a spell to make it look like my pulse had stopped"

Twilight held in her anger, once again.

"So now what, Twilight? Are you gonna ask me to lea-"

It was at that point Trixie realised she had been teleported straight out of Ponyville.

Author's Note:

So.. you like? I created this for Equestria Daily's Writers Training Ground, I doubt it'll be featured, but I haven't written in a long time, so this was the perfect excuse.

Comments ( 7 )

a lil bit short but a cool story

HA. loved it. good read:twilightsmile:

Dammit Trixie!

:trixieshiftright: "What?"

You really are an ass!

:trixieshiftleft: "Mebbeh!"

But i love you anyway.

:trixieshiftright: "The great and Powerful Trixie knows."

Short, but very nice. :twilightsmile:

:rainbowlaugh::twilightblush:
this is really fucking funny!!!!:heart:

What is this, I don't even... Here, have a moustache and a like while I try to figure out what just happened. :moustache:

Login or register to comment