• Published 23rd Mar 2014
  • 6,359 Views, 106 Comments

A Lost Soul in a Dark World - TasteTheSun



When Twilight is ubducted, all her friends are devastated. A thousand years later, she returns, but in a different way, an evil way. But is there something more than to this than ruling Equestria?

  • ...
40
 106
 6,359

Chapter 14: An Old Friend

"I wonder what's taking them so long," Elegance said with concern. Sweetie Pie and Softheart sat there quietly waiting for their friends. The three were at the Pie Family Rock Farm, waiting in the guest room.

"Oh, I hope they're all right," Softheart said nervously.

Another minute passed, when suddenly, a flash appeared in the middle of the room, revealing 6 other ponies, all collapsing on the floor. The other three mares quickly ran to their aid.

"Oh goodness! Is every pony alright?" Softheart asked. They all nodded, except for Longspear, whose face looked green in color. He quickly ran towards the nearby trashcan to dispose of all the contents of his stomach.

"Oh my, look at your face!" Softheart exclaimed while motioning to Twilight's injured face.

"Oh, it's nothing really. I'm fine," Twilight said in protest.

"Well I'm not taking any chances. What kind of a pony would I be who wouldn't help another, no matter how good or bad they are."

Twilight winced by that. This pony was kind. In fact, she was almost as kind as another pony that she knew.

Softheart frantically got out her medical supplies from her saddlebags and went to work treating Twilight's injuries. After cleaning, disinfecting, and bandaging up her cuts and bruises and treating her black eye, she moved on to help the Princesses.

"Well, that was pretty exciting," Aurora Flash said sarcastically as she helped the Princesses up on their hooves so Softheart could treat her.

"Thank you," Celestia thanked nicely.

"The name's Aurora Flash your highness."

"Oh, well, thank you Aurora Flash."

"Um, mind if I ask, but where are we?" Twilight asked, to which Sweetie Pie bounced right in front of her.

"You're in the guest room of my family rock farm! Don't worry, we should be safe here!"

"Rock farm? What do you mean family rock farm?"

"This is the Pie Family Rock Farm! The Pie family has been tending these lands for more than a millennium! Here we grow all kinds of rocks! I thought I was going to spend my entire life farming rocks, but then one day, I preferred throwing parties and making ponies smile!" Sweetie Pie informed her. Twilight's jaw dropped after hearing what she just heard.

"Hold on, are you telling me you’re a Pie?" Twilight asked in disbelief.

"Well I might be part of the Apple family, but I'm not entirely sure,"

"APPLE FAMILY?!?!" Twilight said surprisingly.

"Yea, which means I'm probably related to Appleseed!" Sweetie Pie said, pointing a hoof at the farm pony herself. Twilight's eyes widen when she saw her, and quickly ran towards her.

"Appleseed, you're alive?!"

"Eeyup! Like ah said before, it takes a whole lot more ta bring this pony down."

"Appleseed, I'm so sorry about what I've done to you. Please know that I never meant to bring any harm to you or any pony," Twilight said apologetically.

"Aw no sweat sugar cube, it ain't your fault you're in this mess," Appleseed said in an attempt to reassure her. Twilight smiled when she heard that. She turned her attention to the others.

"And who might you all be?" she said to them. Aurora quickly flew right in fort of her to introduce herself.

"My name's Aurora Flash, the fastest flier in Equestria!"

Twilight held her breath not to freak out when she heard her say those words. Aurora Flash then pointed to her other two friends.

"That's Softheart."

"Um... hi," the shy pegasus said.

"And that's Elegance," Aurora said.

"A pleasure to meet you darling. Nice to know you're not really an evil tyrant as we thought you would be." Elegance responded.

As for Twilight, she was on the verge of having a panic attack. She didn't know if she was either going crazy, or if this group of ponies not only looked, but also acted like her original friends! Besides the difference in their names and colors, they looked almost the same, talked the same, sound the same, and even acted the same way! Then a thought came to mind. If these ponies are almost like their friends, could they be descendants? Sweetie did say that she was a member of the Pie family, and Appleseed being in the Apple family. It was something worth pondering about, but now wasn't the time. After taking several deep breaths to calm her nerves, Twilight turned her attention to the Princesses.

"Are you both alright?"

"Yes, we're fine for now. Thank you Twilight for rescuing us," Celestia replied.

"Don't thank me, thank Longspear. He was the one who came up with the idea to save you both," Twilight said, motioning to Longspear, who was lying near the trashcan. Both Princesses were surprised when they found out. They slowly approached him to where he was on the floor.

"Is this true?"

"Well yea. I mean I couldn't just let Maxspell kill you just like that," Longspear told them. The two sisters exchanged looks before showing him a look of compassion. They bent down and gave him a hug. Longspear only sat there confused. Why weren't they mad? Was saving them enough to get them to forgive him? He wasn't sure, but he didn't care. He simply enjoyed their warm embrace. A few seconds later, they let go.

"Ok now that we've finally rescued the Princesses, what do we do now?" The night themed pegasus asked.

"Now we go after Maxspell," Longspear responded with determination in his tone. The others, however, weren't well on board with it.

"Longspear, how do ya plan on doin' that?" Appleseed said.

"I have no idea," Longspear said sadly. Everyone groaned when they heard that.

"But wait, I'm sure if we come up with another plan, we can surely beat her! Somehow."

"How can we get into Canterlot now?! She probably has the entire Royal Guard looking for us. Why, it would take an entire army just to stand a chance against her." Aurora Flash said.

Longspear slumped to the floor. He didn't think he would get this far, and he certainly didn't think ahead.

"Well you know what, you're probably right. We would need an entire army just to get in. Do you have any ideas yourself?" He asked sarcastically. Aurora winced and backed down at that.

Luna, having been quiet the entire time, suddenly spoke up to the others.

"You said we need an army, say about a thousand ponies, correct?"

Longspear nodded.

"Well then, we may not need a thousand ponies. In fact, we may just need one being that's worth a thousand ponies."

Everyone was puzzled by what Luna said; not counting the suspicious smile that grew on her face.

•••

Snow rapidly falls all around. The northern winds blow through the mountains, like a low whistling in the distance.

Trudging up a mountain, all nine ponies slowly make their ascent through the furious snowstorm.

"Are we almost there?" Aurora called out so she could be heard over the storm.

"Not yet. Just a little higher," Celestia responded.

"Princess, where are we going exactly?" asked Twilight.

"We need to find a cave at the top of the mountain. There we will find someone who can help. I just hope he will be up for it."

"Who exactly?"

"You'll see." Twilight was confused after that. Who were they going to see?

They continued trudging. Eventually Longspear couldn't take much more of it.

"Ok that's it! We've been trudging through these mountains, eating snow for hours and for what? I'm surprised we haven’t froze to death yet."

Several hours later, they arrived at a cave on the side of the mountain.

"We’re here," Celestia announced.

Upon entry, it became warmer. As they went deeper into the cave, the warmer it got. They noticed a faint glow at the end of it. It grew brighter as they approached it. They found out later that the glow was coming from a large pile of gems.

"Oh my, would like the number of gems there are! It’s gorgeous!" Elegance said marveled at the beauty of the gems. The others ignored her as they stared at the pile confusedly.

"Princess, by all means, why have you brought us to this cave filled with all these gems?" Twilight asked. The Princess gave a warm smile when she looked at her.

"Wait for it."

Despite her leg being injured, she stomped as hard as she could in a rhythmic pattern that echoed throughout the cave.

A few seconds passed with nothing but silence. Then a groan was heard behind the pile of gems. Slowly rising above the gems was a large creature. It was large enough to almost touch the ceiling. Everyone else gasped when they saw who it was. The large creature was a dragon with purple scales and green spikes running down its spine and tail.

"Greetings Spike, it's been far too long," Celestia greeted. Once he was done yawning and stretching, he realized who was in his domain.

"Your highness," he said in a low booming voice as he bowed in respect. When he raised his head back up, his eyes fell upon a certain mare in the group. His eyes furrowed with anger.

"Why did bring that in here?" He said pointing a claw at Twilight.

"Spike, it's me Twilight."

This ignited the anger within the dragon.

"Don't you dare say that name! I know who you truly are, Queen Black Iron. You may have fooled the Princesses, but you're not fooling me!"

Twilight felt her heart break.

"How do you know all about me being Black Iron?" she asked, to which Spike picked up a large orb and held it in his claw.

"Ever since I moved in here, I've used this orb to view the world outside this cave. This is my window to the outside world that keeps me updated on current events happening in Equestria and it has been in a state of turmoil lately, thanks to you, now why don't you gather up all your little friends and- oh wait, that's right, you don't have any, so why don't you get out of here!" The dragon exclaimed with such force.

Twilight felt as if she was about to burst into tears. She could not believe that her friend, the friend she raised since he hatched from that egg long ago, the one that she took care of, was forcing her to trot out of his life.

Luna and Longspear wanted to intervene, but Celestia held out a hoof to prevent them.

"Spike, you might not recognize me right now, but behind all these bandages and this armor, I'm the mare that has taken care of you since I hatched you from that egg. I'm the one that took care of you and even loved you as a sister. You were like a brother to me. Please believe when I say to you that I'm really am your friend Twilight!"

Spike then grabbed her and held her in his grip as he held her in his grasp.

"I don't know how you know all that. You might have gotten the Princesses to tell you all that, but I'm not falling for your tricks Black Iron, in fact, I can just end you right now, after all, us dragons have the greatest power of all," he said before opening his mouth. It started to glow deep inside.

Luna and the others tried to stop him, but were all prevented by Celestia. She wanted to see where this would go.

Twilight felt her world fall apart all around her. She didn't blame him for not believing her. For all that she has done, she deserved this fate. Lowering her head, she whispered something as a tear fell from her cheek and landed on the dragon's claw, getting his attention.

"I remember."

Spike closed his mouth as he stared at her with confusion.

“You what?" he asked.

"I remember."

"Remember what?"

"Our last night together, before the pony napping. I know you spent months searching for me. I know how upset you probably were back then when you came to the conclusion that I was officially gone. I just want you to know that it wasn't my fault. I would never do anything bad like I just did, but if there was any pain or heartache that I caused, I am greatly sorry for it."

Spike soaked in those words. He was stuck. He didn't know whether to believe her or not. But as he looked closely at her, he saw the streams of tears running down her cheeks. He had to admit; an evil queen wouldn't go as far as what this mare he was holding did. He also knew that only the real Twilight would know all that, especially on their last night together.

After a few minutes of thinking, he finally lowered her back down on the ground. Twilight looked up to find him smiling.

"You really are Twilight," he said.

"I would never lie to a close friend like you Spike."

•••

"Alright, so let me see if I got this whole story right. You got kidnapped, turned into an evil princess, took over Equestria, and almost killed the Princesses?!" Spike said astonishingly.

"Don't forget that all of this is because of that meanie-ants Maxspell" Sweetie Pie chimed in.

"Yes, and I believe now, Maxspell is the one in charge, considering she's still back in Canterlot," Twilight added.

"I still say we should burst in and buck her out," Aurora said while Appleseed gave her a rhetorical look.

"Sure, we can go in, an’ have the guards tear us ta pieces!"

"Well arguing about it won't solve our problems,'" Celestia said intervening. “Now, Luna has an idea, so I wish for you all to listen to what she has to say.”

Everyone obeyed as they turned their attention to Luna.

“Thank you sister, now the reason why we brought you all here is because we are in need of some assistance in getting into Canterlot, but to do that, we would need an army, but what if we had someone that’s as strong as an army,” she said motioning to Spike.

“Spike, would do the honors as to help us on our mission to retake Equestria?”

Spike sat there to think about what Luna said. He was big and strong, and his thick scales could protect him from harm. Plus he would make a good diversion while the others did what they had to do. It was an offer he couldn’t pass up on. He wanted in.

“It would be my pleasure princess.”

•••

Questions, Comments, Complements,
Any errors are accepted, always room for improvement
Be sure to like and follow me both here and Twitter(@Pony3T)

Author's Note:

Hey folks, I just want to give you all a heads up by telling you that this story will be wrapping up in a few chapters, but before then, I would like to know what you all think about the story so far and what you liked! Anyway, I hope you've enjoyed, and get ready, the end is coming soon!

~From your number 1 and 03 favorite pony,
Pony 03.