• Published 21st Jan 2014
  • 425 Views, 2 Comments

Down the Rabbit Hole - Equestrian Clock



When the Cutie Mark Crusaders recieve a school assignment to collectively create a story of their own, they find a pencil with curious markings on it. Once signed, the three fillies suddenly are extremely tired, and fall asleep immediately.

  • ...
7
 2
 425

Sweetie Belle

I was just sorting through his thoughts to see if he was trustworthy. I didn't want to see his past. It was terrible. He was treated like a a nobody. He's half changeling! That must be horrible! I thought. He was left out of everything as a foal. An outcast. And different. Not just in his appearance, but in his heart. He wasn't heartless like most of the other changelings. He hated watching ponies writhe in the extraction chambers. He tried to rebel, but his efforts failed. His last attempt was escape. But that failed too. And he likes me! I blushed, it clearly showing up through my white fur.

"What is it?" asked Scootaloo, noticing my blush.

"Nothing, let me finish this, please," I said. I like you too, I thought to him. I don't know if he heard me or not, but I hope he did. Anyways, I think he's trustworthy. "Alright, I finished."

"Well, is he, or isn't he?" Scootaloo asked, exasperation clear in her voice.

"He is very trustworthy. When he handed us in, he was being controlled, so I established a link between him and I, letting me know when is being influenced, and/or telling a lie," I explained.

"Alright, I'l start to trust him, but I don't want him defending my back," Scootaloo agreed reluctantly.

"Good, we need a strategist to get out," Apple Bloom stated.

"A what-now?" Scootaloo asked, confused.

"Ya know, a strategist, someone who's good at planning battles and stuff like that," She answered.

"Whadya mean? He was caught."

"Well, he did escape, and got all the way to us. That's pretty good, ain't it?"

"Yeah, he did good," I inputted. He really did do good. I mean, he was able to rally the prisoners enough to off set the army. That's a feat in itself. Ya know he really is cute when he sleeps like that. A touch to my shoulder jolts me back to reality, "Huh?"

"You been just sittin' there. Anythin' wrong?" Apple Bloom asked.

"Nah, just staring off into space. Nothing wrong," I assured her. I can't let them know I have a crush on him. They might I'm protecting him because I like him. Yeah, I am protecting him because I like him, but not just that. He needs our help. I know that this isn't just a dream. It's a different world. Just one where Chrysalis rules.How did I come up with that? I thought. Weird, I just thought of the solution to our whole dilemma. Where did that come from?

It came from me, thought a voice.

"Who are you?" I asked aloud.

"Who's who?" Scootaloo asked, concern evident in her voice. "You just started talking to yourself."

"I'm fine," I replied. I tried again, but this time through thought. Who are you?

It's Cobalt! He exclaimed.

Wait, how are you contacting me? I thought you were asleep. I told him.

Oh, but I'm just as much asleep as you are, He said.

What do you mean?

Well, I'm asleep where you are and you're asleep where I am, he explained.

Wait, you got to our Equestria? That's cool! I exlaimed.

Yeah, I know, your spell let me into your portal thing. I'll explain later.

So, do you have any ideas on escape? I asked.

Well, you haven't tried teleporting, Cobalt suggested.

Thank you! I exclaimed. I will 'call' you if I need you.

I will speak with you later. Goodbye, and then he was gone. My plan was already formulating inside my head. It would all of us to work together, and in sync. I thought we'd be able to do it.

"Alright girls, so here's the plan..."