• Published 22nd Jan 2014
  • 489 Views, 8 Comments

The Changeling War - RealHoboJak



This story takes place two years after the attempted Changeling invasion that took place at the royal wedding. The Cutie Mark Crusaders are going on a field trip to a new fort on the borders of Equestria and the Badlands.

  • ...
1
 8
 489

Queen Chrysalis's Assembly

Chapter 2: Queen Chrysalis's Assembly

In the harsh wastes of the Badlands, just south of the Equestrian borders, was a large mountain, and inside of it was the Hive of Chrysalis. Thousands of young Changelings of all sizes group themselves together in a large cavern, and overviewing that was a sliver of rock where a rather large Changeling was about to speak.

“Quiet! Mother is about to address you!” ordered the bulky Changeling. After he said that the cavern was immediately quiet. A tall Changeling trotted to the edge of the rock.

The tall Changeling was scarred and looked war-torn. She looked over the cavern from her high pinnacle, where just small beams peered through the rock. She cleared her throat.

“My children! Some of you know why I am here today. Since all of you were just hatchlings and the eldest children already know this, I will tell you,” said the Queen.

The crippled queen looked towards the ceiling of the cavern, a tear slid down her scarred face. “I went into a new land called Equestria and it had enough love to feed us for generations.” Some of the young Changelings faces lit up and Chrysalis noticed it. “Yes my young ones can’t you just imagine it?” asked the Queen with a smile. “I devised a plan to overthrow their Rulers of the moon and sun, I took the form of a princess bride-to-be.”

Then she stopped speaking and looked out of the mouth of the cave. “Until the student of Celestia and her friends stopped me. The outcome of us failing was be launched back to here… most of us didn’t survive the fall and the most of the ones that did.” She started to tear up even more. “They starved because your Queen, your Mother, couldn’t feed them.”

She turned around to look at the four Changelings behind her. “The only ones of my children to survive were these four, the Eldest.”

The large Changeling that spoke before moved forward. “Ares, the Strong.”

After him was a small, slender female Changeling who trotted forward. “Thera, the Quick.”

Then one Changeling flew nest to Ares and Thera. “Opus, the Smart.”

The last slowly trotted next to the Queen. “Finally, Hyperion, the Brave who defended his mother and siblings from wolfs, dragons, and wild ponies while we laid there crippled and were healing.”

The Queen turned to Hyperion, who was missing his wings, and gave him a kiss on the head. “You defended us with great cause, your mother is proud.” She turned to the crowd of younglings. “You see now what the ponies did to us, we barely made it to this day; I have sent word to the other hives and told them of this new land and what they could gain in helping us.”

“What did you promise them?” asked a Changeling from the crowd.

“Well my young one, I promised them I’d give them some ponies we capture, land, and the Princesses.”

Some of the Changelings in the crowd had puzzled faces and the others had angry faces.

Queen Chrysalis stared to laugh. “Do you, my children, honestly think I’ll give any of this to them? I plan to keep this for ourselves.”

She started to fly over her children. “Equestria is ours! I plan to keep it that way!” screamed the Queen in a triumphant voice.

The entire hive was starting to chant “Mother, Mother, Mother…” louder and louder until Chrysalis started to speak.

“I am meeting with the other Queens in the morning. Prepare my children, prepare for war.” said the Queen.

She turned to leave the cavern and ordered the Eldest to follow. They followed their mother into a small den-like indention where

Chrysalis collapsed on to her bed. She was weak because she hasn’t moved like that in a while.

“Oh my Eldest, you know as well as I do that I can’t fight in this war and lead our Hive.” She said in a weak voice.

“Don’t say that mother.” pleaded Thera. She looked at her mother with a sad face.

“Oh Thera, you’ve been there by my side while I was healing. But you all have to lead our family in this conquest. I know you’ll make me proud.” She replied.

Hyperion stepped forward “Don’t worry mother, we’ll take Equestria and the Princesses in your honor, and do you need an escort to the Meeting of Queens?” The others had concerned faces.

“Why would Mother need an escort?” asked Opus.

“Unlike Hyperion, you three never dealt with other hives, most times the queens I’ve dealt with are backstabbing traitors and will do anything for the good of their Hive, and you all know I will to, and every meeting I’ve gone to one, Hyperion’s been there an saved my life multiple times.” said Chrysalis looking at Hyperion with a smile.


The sun was setting and most of the younglings were sleeping. Hyperion stood next to the mouth of the cave staring into the sunset.

“Hello brother, nervous about tomorrow?” said Ares coming out of the cave. Hyperion turned around and saw the bulky Changeling trotting towards him.

“Not one bit brother, but since I lost my wings I’ll need somepony to come with to help protect Mother, I don’t feel I could protect her on my own.” said Hyperion with a shameful face.

Ares did not expect that, as long as he could remember Hyperion never seemed this way, he was the one that he wanted to be. To the rest of the Hive Hyperion was almost like a father to them, he was there from before the other Eldest were born. Hyperion lost his wings fighting an adolescent dragon ,that was pretty large for a teenage dragon, but in the end he killed it but could never fly again.

“Brother, don’t think like that, but if you really feel like you need help I volunteer.” Ares replied. Hyperion looked at him and smiled.

“Thank you Ares, you’ve grown better than I expected.” said Hyperion. Ares had a puzzled look on his face.

“Why do you say that?” asked Ares

“When you were hatched, you were probably the scrawniest hatchling I’ve ever seen.” Hyperion said with a laugh.

“Really, was I?” asked Ares. The sun just hid behind the horizon.

“Yes you were, so in the morning you’ll come with me and Mother to the meeting.” replied Hyperion

“Ok brother I won’t let you or mother down.” said Ares. After they spoke they both went off to rest until morning.

Author's Note:

This chapter took me a while to do, so tell me how you liked it (or didn't like it).
third chapter coming soon.