• Published 17th Jan 2014
  • 1,510 Views, 15 Comments

World's End. - Bysen



Loving Pinkie Pie and afraid to be with a mare Rainbow Dash. Let the drama ensue! Title inspired by the movie World's End in that it has nothing to do with the end of the world, and is actually just the name of a place.

  • ...
7
 15
 1,510

ButterDash

She awoke the next morning. The light around her was weird. It was light out but it was still dark… then she remembered where she was and what she was seeing. She was ABOVE the sun as it had only just crested the horizon. Dash felt a weight over her chest, it was Butterscotch's arm. He was curled up beside her; it was funny how much he looked like Fluttershy right now.

She tried to move “Argh!” and yelped as her... everything hurt… of course it did. But that was the price of getting here. Butterscotch awoke to the noise. He pulled his hoof away from over her chest, he felt a bit awkward having had it there.

“Hey…” he said, tiredly, likely just as saw as she was.

“Hey, yourself…” Dash replied.

“Rainbow Dash… there’s something I want to ask.”

“Sure.” she said, still too tired to notice the passion in his voice “What is it?”

“Rainbow Dash, it’s amazing up here. I could never have gotten here without you. You helped me, you saved me, you even carried me!” he was embarrassed by that last part but it didn’t matter. “All of this is because of you; and I wanna thank you… and, what I wanted to ask…” he didn’t have the words to express it. He just leant in and kissed her.

Dash didn’t flinch. He was kissing her. He was a perfect stallion for her, but… “No.” she said as she pulled away. “I told you before, I didn’t want a fling.”

“Neither do I. I want to be with you. I want you to be with me… everything you’ve done for me. Everything that you are, Rainbow Dash! I love you!”

“No. no…” she began to cry.

“I’m sorry…” Butterscotch said, trying to… something... he didn’t exactly know what was happening. But his words only made it worse. They were the same words Pinkie Pie had said to her. The last words Pinkie Pie had said to her.

“No… I came here to get away from all of this… I just wanted to… escape. To get as far away from it as possible… and now…”

Butterscotch put his hoof on her face and pulled her towards him, he didn’t know what was wrong and wanted to help “Please… tell me what’s wrong.”

“I can’t be with you… there’s… there’s somepony else for me… but I…”

“I see…” he was hurt but it didn’t matter, she was in so much more pain than he was. “What’s his name?” he said with genuine concern for her.

Her name…”

“Oh…”

“That’s it right there!” she yelled through her tears, it would be just the same as when her friends had said it about her and Applejack. Ponies judging her. Even her own friends. “I don’t… I’m not… I am… I love her… but I love her, and I left her… why do ponies think I’m like that?”

“Rainbow Dash. I don’t care. Even if we can’t be together, I want to be your friend and I will never judge you for what your heart wants.”

“How you said ‘oh’ I know you don’t mean it!” Dash wasn’t good at picking up tones but even she could feel the coldness in his voice when he had said it.

“You’re wrong, I don’t care.” he said before pausing for a moment. “My sister used to have the biggest crush on you. And don’t tell me you didn't know that. But I never stopped loving her and I would never hold it against her. I don’t care who you love. I just care about you…”

“You mean it?” Dash asked, though she knew fully well that he did. She didn’t need an answer as he leaned his head against her. “Thank you…” she said, resting her head against his. “And I’m sorry I couldn’t… be with you…” she didn’t get a reply but she felt a tear rolling from his face onto her neck. If he felt so much for her from so little…

Dash could only imagine how Pinkie Pie must be feeling right now…

Author's Note:

Too bad, I like the idea of Butter/Dash