• Published 17th Jan 2014
  • 1,511 Views, 15 Comments

World's End. - Bysen



Loving Pinkie Pie and afraid to be with a mare Rainbow Dash. Let the drama ensue! Title inspired by the movie World's End in that it has nothing to do with the end of the world, and is actually just the name of a place.

  • ...
7
 15
 1,511

First date

The next day, mostly because Rainbow Dash just wanted to get it over and done with, Dash flew over to Sugercube Corner to pick Pinkie Pie up. She wasn’t quite sure why but she’d flown as fast as she possibly could to make sure no pony saw her heading there even though she knew none of them would think anything of it. They were friends after all.

Dash landed right in front of the door and walked in. “Morning Mrs. Cake.” she said, trying to act as if nothing was different, that this was just her usual self coming over to hang with their resident. “Is Pinkie Pie around?”

“Oh she’s been waiting for you.” Mrs. Cake replied as she turned and called back into the kitchen “Pinkie Pie, you're friend’s here. Is it ready yet?” and peered in to check on the girl. “She’ll be just a minute. Make yourself at home. And feel free to actually buy something this time.” she added as a joke. Possibly...

“Dashie!” Pinkie Pie piped as she came out of the kitchen, carrying a lidded tray on her back. “I’ve been waiting for you ALLL day, what took you so long?” she asked, walking right up to Rainbow's face, booping their noses together. Given the circumstances you can understand what Dash made of this, even if it was just normal Pinkie behaviour. Of course calling anything ‘normal Pinkie behavior’ was an oxymoron.

Dash took a step back before defending herself with “I’m not late. I’m like, half an hour early.” she said before looking at the clock on the wall. She was early so Pinkie Pie was just being paranoid. But who could blame her. Even if she didn’t act it, Pinkie was likely just as nervous about this date as Rainbow Dash was.

“I know.” Pinkie replied. “But time just flies when you’re having fun. And you know the old saying. ‘A kitchen time serves nine. But I’m just serving two!” she said, swinging the plate on her back around and holding it in one hoof. She grabbed the lid in her mouth and removed it showing what she’d been working on all morning “Uh’ ii, oo’ ‘erry ‘mu’ins.”

“What?” Dash asked.

Pinkie removed the lid from her mouth and repeated “Choc-chip blueberry muffins. Your favourite!” she said with a smile.

“Uh, yeah… my favourite.” she said, pretending Pinkie was right. Choc-chip AND blueberry? Odd, but okay… there was two of them and before Dash could say anything more, Pinkie had grabbed one and shoved the other into Dash's chest, making her grab it., as she threw the tray away. Pinkie took a small, rather controlled bite out of hers and looked up at Rainbow Dash, waiting for her to do the same.

Not wanting to be rude, and also a little curious about this flavour-combo, Dash took a bite and chewed. It was good. Not really surprising seems Pinkie had made it herself. She took another bite and another and soon enough finished it. “So Dashie, what do you wanna do?” Pinkie asked.

“Uh… well…” Dash replied. She didn’t really have any plans for today. “I thought we could start with lunch but we kinda got that out of the way already. Normally we could go out and pull some pranks and stuff, but that doesn’t really sound like date material to me.”

“Why not?”

“Huh?”

“Why isn’t that a good idea for a date? It’s something we both like doing and I have a ton of ideas.” Pinkie cheered. Dash just stared for a second, mulling it over in her head before she nodded at the idea with a small smug smile. “Then it’s settled. To the prank-arium!”

“You mean your room?”

“Exactly! Transition!”

~ ~

The next thing you know, they were both upstairs in Pinkie’s room, looking over a chart detailing an overly elaborate plan to throw marshmallows at Rarity with a miniature long range catapult. “I’m telling you, the kinetic energy generated by the marshmallow's launch is greater than the resistance of the air between it’s origin and it’s destination.”

“And I’ll tell you again. I have no idea what any of that means.” Dash replied. only to get hit in the face with a marshmallow.

“It means the plan will work!”

“I don’t see why we don’t just throw them at her like you just did.”

“That’s a great Idea Dashie! Why didn’t we think of it sooner?” Dash just let her expression do the talking.”Transition!”

~ ~

A few hours, a packet of marshmallows and broken catapult later; the day was coming to an end. The sun had set a few minutes ago and twilight had fallen over the town. Both of them where walking back to Sugercube Corner, still laughing over the one marshmallow that had gotten stuck on Rarity’s horn.

It had actually been really fun. Dash had expected today to be about a quiet meal together, or a picnic by the lake, or some other romantic junk. Instead it was just like when the normally hung out together. It was a date but it didn't seem like one, and whatever you wanted to call this, she’d enjoyed it. In fact, she’d completely forgotten that this was anything other than just hanging out with one of her friends.

She couldn’t wait to do this again, and she voiced that thought. “Today was awesome! I can’t wait to do it again some time!”

“Really Dashie?” Pinkie asked, much more excitement in her voice than usual. Which Rainbow Dash didn’t know was possible.

“Yeah. Of course.”

“So… you wanna go on another date next week?” Pinkie replied. And Dash stopped dead in her tracks. She’d completely forgotten that this was a date. “Did you hear me Dashie? I said ‘you wanna go on another date next week?’ So… do you?”

They were facing each other, less than a couple inches away from one another. They stayed in silence for a few moments before Dash finally spoke up as she looked away. “Listen, Pinkie. I had fun today, I really did. But… I just don’t think, that we…” Dash paused and looked up at Pinkie, expecting her to be in her overly dramatic tears she sometimes burst into. Instead she was smiling same as always. “You’re not…?

“Sad? A little bit. But I understand Dashie. You don’t have to say anything more than that.” Pinkie said as she turned away. “Come on, let’s walk me home ok?” she added as she began to walk. Dash quickly caught up beside her. And soon enough they made it back to Pinkie’s house.

They walked up to the doorway of Sugercube Corner before and began their goodbyes for the night. “So, I guess I’ll see you… whenever.”

“Yeppers.” Pinkie replied.

“And well, when I do…” Dash began but didn't finish. She didn’t actually know what to say, or how to go about this. “You know, it’s um, tradition to end a date with…” she paused as she tried to avoid eye contact with her friend. She struggled to bring up the words, and struggled even more to even look at Pinkie. But eventually she found her courage and without finishing what she’d been saying, leant in and gave Pinkie a light kiss. Very light, and very quick.

But it meant more to Pinkie than any kiss she’d had before. Because she knew how much Dash didn’t want to do it. And yet she’d still done it just for her.

Author's Note:

Not sure why but I thought of this video when I came up with the marshmallow prank. Namely the Sweetie Belle scene