• Published 2nd Jan 2014
  • 932 Views, 14 Comments

By Celestia - A Pinkie Spy: - Ponyess



Had I been dreaming of coming to Ponyville? I know I have been dreaming of it, just not quite like this. At least, I had been asked what kind of a pony I could be, if I was to go to Equestria. I had given an explanation. I told her, what I wanted.

  • ...
25
 14
 932

At the Carousel Boutique: 5

Author's Note:

Dawn Quill's POV

I had slipped the book on beginners Magic for Unicorns into my saddle bag, before I left Spike in Twilights library.

I closed the door behind me, in the usual manner of an adult Unicorn. That was not that hard, I had had some practice earlier. Even if I guess I am still looking like a big baby, if I was seen in public.


Trotting along the street from the library to the Boutique, that was fairly easy. I guess it still is easier to manage my balance with four, rather than two legs.

The distance from the library to her boutique and home was surprisingly short. Trotting along the way in the fashion of a Pony did save me more time than I had anticipated. I certainly wasn't even winded, as I reached her door.

I found it appropriate to knock, rather than just enter. This is still her home, even if it is also doubling as the Boutique, where she crafts and sell her products. The very products I had come to see. I was feeling the need to have a few casual suits.


As it were, I guess I could make due with a vest and a set of boots. I don't have overly much at this time. Furthermore, I did not feel like I wanted to overextend her generosity, even if I could trust in it. I am new here, so I prefer to err on the safe side.

“Enter!” the elegant, ladylike voice of Rarity pronounced from inside, bidding me to open the door and enter.

With that, I slipped in after I had opened the door as graceful as I could, considering my limited experience.

“Greetings, Rarity!” I exclaimed quietly, as I had closed the door behind myself.

“Welcome in. What could I help you with?” she responded.

“Right now, I would need a casual vest and a set of boots. I had the impression you are the Pony to go to for these kinds of things!” I responded.

“A vest and boots. Then you certainly have come to the right place. I can fix these for you!” she responded, eyeing me over.

“Some of us Unicorns likes to have a bit of style, even here in Ponyville!” I suggested, to the point.

“Thanks Celestia. Would never be the same, just crafting the work suits for the Farmers. Even if there are a few wayward from the city, from time to time. I love to work with my customers. I need them to be close by for the entire process for that. Otherwise, I will have to make due with selling off to the boutiques in Manehattan and Canterlot. That just isn't the same, not to me as and artist!” she concluded.

“Since I live in Ponyville, I would prefer to buy my clothes right here. I don't need the strain on my time to go to a far-off city like Manehattan or Canterlot, just to buy myself some clothes. If I want to go to the city, I go there to see the city, not to buy my everyday casual suit. From what I saw in your windows, I would love to buy all my clothes from you!” I stated firmly.

“That pleases me to hear. If you allow me, I just need to take the measurements for the vest and boots you asked for!” she responded.

Of course, naturally you need to take measurements for you to craft a suit for me, as opposed to just make a suit I buy. Where are my manners? My name is Dawn Quill!” I responded, taking a posture to make it easy for her to take the required measurements.


“Thanks, Dawn Quill. For a more casual suit, red or purple seems to go best with your complexion!” she suggested.

“Since I don't know the connotations of colours, I think I will go with what feels safe, a bright and deep purple seems to be the choice. I may be looking for a red suit on a later date. If for nothing, but the chance to have something else to wear!” I responded as she finished her measuring.


“In your case, that purple would be just the right contrast. I could easily make you a red suit, for the next time over, if you like me to!” she offered.

“I probably will be back here soon enough. Then I can ask you to make the suit in red. I may even ask you for a skirt at a later date. Yet, right now I think the best is to leave you to your work. I will be back shortly to see how your progress is coming along. I could have a bite at the Sugar-Cube Corner and see if Pinkie Pie is in. I think I need something to eat!” I pondered.

“I am looking forwards to see you back. I will love to craft you both the red suit and the skirts, when you need them. I am certain Pinkie Pie will love to see you at the café, but then, she loves to see every Pony over there. It will take me a while, so you will have all the time you need to have a good meal at her place!” Rarity pointed out.


“Then I will see you when I am back for the suit, after I have had the time to enjoy a good meal at the Sugar-Cube Corner!” I put forth.

“Bon appetite. I will see you, when you pick up your suit!” she responded.


With that, I trotted off towards the café, just after I had closed the door behind me.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment