• Published 3rd Jan 2014
  • 345 Views, 1 Comments

Life of a DJ - XyroX



Vinyl and Octy finally can live their lives as normal ponies and don't have to fear any threads from the past.

  • ...
 1
 345

Chapter 5

So we meet again!

Today I'd like to talk to you about my anger. I know, that's maybe not the theme you'd like to hear about, but after all Octy gave you to me to help me with this topic, so there's no way out for you. But I have to say: Writing my day down somehow helps me. It calms me down every time I have to sit down and start writing, and to be honest, I actually enjoy it now. At first it was just a thing I did for Octy, to make her happy and all, but now I really like what I do, and I don't want to stop it. Of course I don't feel a big change in my behavior by now, but the time will bring more and more, I'm sure about that. I mean, I only keep you for a few weeks now, but still I realize that you help me. Though I still get a bit angry now and then, like last night when this weird guy who was completely wasted thought he could start a fight with me. Actually with Octy, but you know how it goes: If you fight her, you'll fight me, she can't defend herself against a full grown stallion, and she doesn't has to, since she's the 'lady' part of our relationship, and I'm somehow the defending and more 'coltly' part. That sounds weird, but it's true. However, this guy started offending her and stuff, so I just stepped between the two of them and was like 'Dude, you better go home now.', but you know how it is with all those drunk ponies: Never polite and they never obey! Of course I didn't want to start a fight right away, not as long as Octy was with me, but he instantly reached out for a punch. Yeah, that was the moment my vision turned red. Not because he wanted to throw his hooves on us, but because he wanted to punch Octy! How could he try to hurt her when I'm the one who told him to buck off? So yeah, I pushed Octy away from him and maybe I hit him one or two times. And I maybe kicked his ass like he was a little foal. He maybe even blacked out. But what could you do? Nopony takes hoof onto my Octy, not as long as I'm near her! Well, if I'm not near, too, but then I can't help her, I could just take revenge. Oooh, sweet revenge.

Like his one time, when some colts manipulated my turntable in the club before I was there. My performance was a piece of horseapples, but I managed to find out who was responsible for this, and I found them. I won't describe it too detailed now, but let me say they won't do something like that ever again. Don't think bad of me, they're alright by now, they had nothing serious. And I heard their therapy is going well so far. Getting your ass kicked by a mare isn’t something you forget all too easy, not even if this mare is Vinyl Scratch. Especially when she kicks multiple asses at a time.

Maybe Octy is right and I do have a problem with releasing my anger. But as I said, writing helps me with it. It’s still not as satisfying as roughing up somepony who deserves it, but it’s alright. I still wouldn’t dodge a fight if I have a good reason for it, but who knows? Maybe that’ll come. I hope so. Though I don’t think it’s wrong to teach somepony a lesson if he clearly needs it, I think that could become a problem sometimes. I mean, I don’t want to turn into a raging slapmachine when Octy is around. That one time in the club was enough for her to see. Though I helped her in this situation, she didn’t like it. Not at all. And I understand her. She isn’t used to the rough dealings in a club, and I actually don’t want her to get so. After all she is from Canterlot, and she knows the classy side of life, like her concerts where nopony ever would get drunk or start a fight. Bringing all the trouble I undergo every night I’m at a club to her would just be too much for her to take. What if she would break up with me? No, I couldn’t take that, I mustn’t make that happen. Though she accompanies me more often to a club since we’re together and surely will do it even more frequent the longer our relationship is extant, I have to keep an eye open so she doesn’t get herself into trouble. Even if that means we have to leave early, I would totally do that if that’s what I need to do to stay with her.

I love my job, I love the clubs, I love the loud noises and the crowd, but all that is nothing compared to what Octy means to me. No matter what my cutie mark is telling me, if she’d want me to find another job and stay away from the trouble a disco brings with it, I’d do it without thinking about it. But of course she’d never do that. Just sayin’, I would, to make her happy.

Oh man, what is happening to me? Where is the Vinyl Scratch who doesn’t care about what anypony is thinking? I never thought I could make this much of a change, just because of a relationship. But I’m not even mad, actually I’m rather happy Octy has this much influence on me. Maybe I shouldn’t be, after all she fell in love with the rude, loud-mouthed DJ, not with the emotional and thoughtful pony I’m becoming.

What should I do?