• Published 30th Dec 2013
  • 4,138 Views, 37 Comments

Moving on - Shock-Wave



When Rarity leaves for a fashion tour all around Equestria Spike will have to handle not seeing her for over a year. A lot can happen in a year.

  • ...
11
 37
 4,138

Packing up

It was the beginning of summer in ponyville, all the fillies were out of school and every one was doing their morning chores.

Apple Jack, Big Mac and Apple Bloom were bucking apples trees.

Rarity was designing her new dresses for an upcoming tour, with some help from Sweetie Belle.

Rainbow Dash was working with the weather patrol.

Fluttershy was taking care of her animals.

And Pinkie Pie had taken the morning shift at Sugar Cube Corner.

But at the Golden Oaks Library, things were very quiet. Twilight and Spike were still fast asleep due to a tiring night of study and a visit to the princess, getting them home very late last night.

Spike had grown exponentially, out growing his little basking getting him his own full size bed. Spike was still very small compared to full grown dragons, he was only about a foot taller than Twilight.

Spike was the first to wake up resisting the urge to fall back asleep; he knew he had morning chores to do. He got up went down stairs and started breakfast. Twilight woke up soon after, to the smell of Spikes cooking and went down stair.

“Good morning Spike” Twilight said wiping the sleep out of her eyes.

“Morning Twilight” Spike said while keeping his attention on his cooking.

"Breakfast smells good. What is it?”

“Just some pancakes and fruits”

Twilight noticed something off about Spike; he seemed a little less happy than his usual self.

“Spike are you ok, you seem like something’s bugging you?” Twilight said in a worrying tone.

He hesitated for a second before replying “N-Nope nothing’s wrong”. Twilight could obviously tell something was wrong. She tried to think of something that would have irritated Spike, and then it hit her. Rarity, she had an upcoming tour with some famous critics all
around Equestria, and she knew that Rarity would be gone for well over a year. But she had to make sure.

“Spike is this about Rarity going on her fashion tour?”

Spike stopped his cooking and looked at Twilight. The look he gave her told Twilight that she was absolutely correct.

“It just bothers me that I won’t see her for a long time, I asked her if I could come and help but she refused” Spike said with a sad tone.

Twilight worried and thought of a way to cheer him up. “Hey Spike how about after breakfast we go to Sugar Cube Corner and get a little treat, I think I remember Pinkie telling me she’s working the early shift for the Cakes.

That seemed to do the trick; Spike had a smile on his face stretching from ear to ear. “Really are you serious”

“Of course, you’ve earned it with all your work around the library.” Twilight was relived to get Spike in a better mode.

Spike finished cooking and they both ate. Twilight watched in awe as Spike ate his food almost as soon as he put it on the table. After breakfast Twilight and Spike started towards Sugar Cube Corner, Spike had a little skip in his step all the way there. When they got there they were both surprised at the amount of ponies in the shop. It was just Pinkie standing behind the counter and Derpy Hooves at a table in the corner eating some muffins.

“Hey, how you two doing this evening” Pinkie said.

“Were fine we just came here to get a quick treat.” Twilight said walking to the front counter.

“Hey Pinkie could I get one of those sapphire cupcakes?” Spike said with a smile and a watering mouth.

“Sure thing Spike I’ll have that out in a second” She said as she walked back to the selves behind her and pick out the cupcake Spike wanted and came back. “Here you go one sapphire cupcake” she said giving Spike the jewel covered treat. Spike left to go sit down and dig in to his dessert.

“How much will that be” Twilight said getting out her sack of bits.

“No need, this one’s on the house”

“Thank you Pinkie”

“No problem, have a nice day you guys”

As Spike and Twilight made their way back to the library they ran into Rarity, which brought Spike back to his depressed state.

“Good evening Twilight, and hello to you too Spike” Rarity said, she was wearing a light blue dress with ruffles at the bottom.

“Nice to see you Rarity” Twilight said

“Hi” is all Spike would say.

“Do you know when you’ll leave for you tour?” Twilight asked

“I will be departing early tomorrow, I’m still packing”

Spike saw his chance and took it “would you like some help with your packing.”

“That would be lovely Spike.” with that Spike and Rarity left towards Carousal Boutique leaving Twilight to walk home alone.

“I hope Spike will be ok when Rarity leaves?”

When Twilight got back to the library she started gathering a pile of book of astrophysics and some advance spell casting by Star Swirl the Bearded. She sat down at her wooded table and got to work. Easily losing track of time she studied for over 4 hours before taking a break. Just then the front door of the library opened.

“Twilight I’m back” Spike said shutting the door.

“Hey Spike” Twilight said still focused on her books.

“Would you like me to start cooking dinner?”

As if it was listening Twilight’s stomach rumbled. “Dinner sounds great right about know” she said trying to hide her blush.
Spike went into the kitchen and started cooking. After dinner Twilight went back to her studies as Spike started tidying up around the library, soon after Spike started getting tired.

“Hey Twilight do you mind if I turn in early tonight?” Spike said while yawning.

“Not at all, I’ll probably stop soon too.”

“Thanks Twilight” Spike said ascending the stairs to the bedroom.

About 25minuets later twilight found a place to stop and headed off to bed. Spike was already asleep when she got there. As Twilight lay down she thought about what’s to come without Rarity.

“I really hope Spike will be okay without Rarity.”

Author's Note:

this is my first fic. so you you see anything that's incorrect please comment