• Published 27th Dec 2013
  • 461 Views, 7 Comments

Too Nice For Toys - CherryrookHolloway



Hearths' Warming is drawing near, and Fluttershy needs to get onto the Hearths' Warmer's naughty list, pronto!

  • ...
0
 7
 461

Sorry Bundle

“There there, Rare. It’s only water - nothin’ ta worry about! Aw, c’m’ere. Feel better?”

Rarity nodded, trying not to dirty Pinkie Pie’s coat with her running mascara. There was a knock at the door downstairs. A small voice trying to make itself smaller called up.

“U-um. Rarity? A-are you there?”

Pinkie called down that she was. Oh, and so was Pinkie! Fluttershy anxiously climbed the stairs up to Rarity’s room. She pushed the door open and went in.

“Oh- Rarity, I… oh my…” she stuttered.

The unicorn grimaced.

“I look a mess, don’t I.”

It was more a statement than a question. Her mascara was running down her cheeks, checked by sideways smudges where she’d wiped her face, which itself was much redder than its usual alabaster hue. Fluttershy wished she’d been good at cloud control now more than ever.

“Oh, don’t feel sorry for me, dear. I really should remember to carry a spare umbrella whenever Rainbow Dash is awake.” Rarity rolled her eyes.

Fluttershy squirmed, her tears returning.

“Darling, is something wrong?” Her friend asked.

“I did it,” the pegasus mumbled.

“Sorry?”

Fluttershy took a deep breath.

“I did it. I p-poured all that water on you. I didn’t mean to… I-I mean, I did, but not all at once. I’m sorry- I’m so sorry,” she said, breaking down and sobbing onto the carpet.

Two ponies looked at each other for a second, then two sets of forelegs pulled her into a tight hug.

“Aw, don’t you cry too!”

“Oh, darling! Whyever would you such a thing?”

Fluttershy struggled to keep her voice under control.

“Rainbow was teaching me how to be a good pranker-” she sniffled.

“It’s ‘prankster’-”

“Hush Pinkie,” Rarity said. “I knew that infernal pegasus would be behind it,” she muttered to herself.

“Do continue, dear. Why would you ever wish to learn how to become a… ‘prankster’?”

“Why wouldn’tcha? It’s, like, super fun!”

“Pinkie!”

Fluttershy took a deep breath and told them what had started out as a simple plan; and still was - albeit now with a distraught friend and an iron lump of guilt in her heart. Her two friends laughed sympathetically and tightened their embrace.

“But d-don’t you hate me now? I ruined your perfect mane!” She said.

“Oh, don’t be silly, Fluttershy,” Rarity chuckled. “We could never hate you. And I can have my mane restyled anyway.”

“Yeah, I second what she said… well not so much the mane thing, ‘cuz I don’t generally style my mane, and Rarity’s mane problem isn’t the main problem - what’s the main problem is that you’re trying to get struck off the Hearths’ Warmer’s nice list, which isn’t nice at all! Not for you! You won’t get any presents!”

“But that’s the point.”

Pinkie stared at her, as if she was a new type of cupcake which Pinkie didn’t know whether to use chocolate or vanilla frosting on. Or maybe apple. Everypony loves apple. Apples are great. Apparently, they don’t go with corn and hot sauce, though.

“Huh?”

“This morning, you said I’d get a ton of presents from the Hearths’ Warmer! I don’t want somepony to have to carry around all that just for me!”

“…But the Hearths’ Warmer’s not a pony,” Pinkie said. “And anyway, I didn’t mean a literal ton, I meant, like, just loads and loads!” She added.

“But still-”

“Look, darling Fluttershy,” Rarity interrupted, “you really mustn’t get so het up over others trying to do nice things for you. You [I>deserve so many gifts, the amount you give, yourself.”

“Oh, I don’t know about that…”

“Fluttershy. Don’t worry yourself. Just get a good night’s rest so the Hearths’ Warmer can visit and leave you presents-”

“-And don’t forget his milk and cookies!”

Author's Note:

One's first FiMfic (on here, that is). How fantastic to beginify with a Christmas- ahem, Hearths' Warming-y story.