• Published 30th Dec 2012
  • 664 Views, 9 Comments

Scourge of Twilight - UnintentionalFan



Twilight Sparkle learns of an immense power that she must use to save Equestria.

  • ...
1
 9
 664

Epilogue

"Anything yet?" Celestia asked Twilight's friends as they each came back from searching. They all shook their heads.

As soon as twilight hit, Celestia ordered that everypony begin searching outside of Equestria for Twilight. So far, nopony was having any luck. The search went on for several minutes, until one pony came shouting from behind some rubble.

"Princess Celestia! Princess Celestia!" the stallion shouted. "You have to come see this!"

Celestia beckoned hopefully at the other five who were with her, and they all chased after the stallion. Most everypony else came as well. They were lead to a clear area well away from the battle. Celestia recognized it as the last place she had seen Scourge before leaving. It looked as though a massive explosion had occurred, as the entire ground was covered with black streaks that radiated from one point. The stallion moved to the side, and everypony gasped. Celestia gaped at what she saw, and felt the sadness welling up inside of her. The five pony friends all gathered around and bowed their heads. Tears flowed from all of them, and many behind them wept loudly as well. Celestia looked to the sky as the last bits of light faded.

"Twilight's end..." she said, almost absently. She rested her eyes back on the ground before her where everypony saw what was left of the battle.

Standing tall and strong was a lone flower, with six thin purple-pink petals spread out in a star shape.

Author's Note:

I personally think this was a failure of a story. I had a good idea to begin with, but I felt that I lost it as soon as I started writing.

Comments ( 5 )

Short. cool. I liked it.

I'm happy to see you bring this story to some kind of ending, instead of dropping the idea entirely. It did feel like it was lacking a bit though, and the story could have been developed a little more in some parts (for example, Twilight learning how to use the key).

Overall, good job on the story (no complaints in the grammar department!). You definitely earned a few of these moustaches. :moustache:
I should probably go to sleep now. :unsuresweetie:

This was NOT a failure! It was one of the most amazing stories I have ever read!

More. Why did you stop?

1874147
I agree with WrapperCat in every way. I think the story could do with further explanations and developments on the Astral Plane and this "key," but it was a great read.
You might (or might not) believe it to be a failure, but overall I think it was quite nice. Grammer was on point, and your only problems with the text itself were a handful of punctuational errors. It wasn't complicated or simple, and even though I'd like it to be longer I found the characters fun to read about. There weren't any plot-holes, (well, not any I can see), and the characters weren't OOC, or in Twilight and Celestia's case, too OOC for my liking.

Login or register to comment