• Published 21st Dec 2013
  • 427 Views, 4 Comments

Journal of a DJ - XyroX



Vinyl and Octy escaped from the laboratory, but they don't know Vinyl's 'stalker' is still after them to reach his goals with the DJ.

  • ...
1
 4
 427

Chapter 4

Greetings, diary!
Yesterday I had a weak moment, I’m sorry for that. Usually I’m not so squeamish, I don’t know what happened that day. Anyway, what I said was true, but I won’t cry more now, I’d rather report what happened today.

As you know, I’m not the best cook in Ponyville, let’s say. And yesterday, Octy had the great idea to teach me how to cook properly! At first I thought that was a bad idea, I mean usually if you leave me in the same room with a cooker and kitchen appliances, it wouldn’t end well. I don’t want to exaggerate, but there was this one time I literally destroyed this one kitchen, including the entire furniture in it and the next room. That day, it turned out that it’s a really bad idea to let me make some breakfast that will ‘blow your taste buds’. How could I know that was an metaphor? I thought there were ponies that actually like the taste of black powder, so I tried baking some cupcakes with it in them. Bad idea.

But thanks to Octy, we finally figured out why I’m such a bad cook! Now when I think about it I actually should have figured this out earlier, but hey, I’m not perfect. You know, I read recipes the same way I read science fiction and pony tales. I get to the end of them, and I think ‘Well, that’s not going to happen.’

I admit, that still doesn’t explain how I can destroy an entire pack of toast without getting one properly toasted, or how I’m able to burn juice, but I’m in a learning process, and soon I’ll be one badass cook, you’ll see! Probably not, but there is a chance, right? A tiny chance, but a chance. Mh, maybe not. But at least I’ll be able to feed myself and not depending from delivery services and Octy. I still don’t get it how she can be the amazing cook she is, using just her bare hooves. With her, I have the best teacher I could ask for, and learning under her supervision is more fun than a lot of things I did the past time. To me, at least. She wasn’t quite as excited as I when I ‘accidentally’ dropped the sack of flour when it was levitating right above her head, but she looked totally awesome with this grey/white coat! Maybe it was more white than grey, but it was still hilarious, even though I had to clean it up. You hear, I cleaned it up! By myself! Without destroying anything! I see, I’m more proud of that than I should be. But it’s the little things that make the day, right?

Alright, back to the cooking thing. It wasn’t just learning to cook with Octy, it was the first time since days that we really had a lot of fun and spend the entire day together. And somehow I enjoyed every little touch of her, if she shows me how to hold the wooden spoon properly, how to shake the pan, things like that. I loved every time we touched, on purpose or not, and I’m glad she insisted on using my hooves to cook, not my magic. It’s more fun when we both have the same physical prerequisite, and it made me strain even more. I wanted to impress her, to make her proud of me and to show her that she’s such an awesome teacher that she can even teach ME how to cook. Man, I feel like a fanmare right now. But she really is awesome, and I somehow feel so good when she’s around me, I can’t describe it. It’s like when I was hanging out with Ruben, but that’s a completely other thing, I mean, I and Ruben were in love, and Octy is just my roommate and best friend, not my marefriend. Or is she going to?

I’ll have to think about this later. I mean, it’s Christmas today! I still haven’t a gift for Octy, but that’s the same situation like last year, and in the end it was totally awesome, so I’m sure I’ll handle this, too. I have at least some ideas… but I’ll report this tomorrow. It’s still afternoon, so I’ve got plenty of time to get whatever I want for her. Thank Celestia most of the stores have opened until almost evening! And I’m so curious what she got for me! Her presents are always super awesome! I always feel kind of bad when she gets me something really cool and I still don’t know what I actually bought maybe two hours ago, but somehow it was every time good enough and she was happy with it. Or at least she acted happy. Nevermind, I can feel that I’ll get something really awesome this year! I simply know it!

So that’s it for today, gotta get outta here and find the most awesome gift ever for the almost most awesome mare ever.
Cya tomorrow!