• Published 27th Dec 2013
  • 3,212 Views, 39 Comments

Breaking the Ice - Trouble Cleft



Rainbow dash and Scootaloo have had a huge fight. But when one of their lives is just saved from danger, what will one realize about the other?

  • ...
3
 39
 3,212

The Accident

When Scootaloo and Applebloom reached Carousel Boutique, they didn't bother knocking on the door. They barged in to the shop and yelled for Sweetie belle to come downstairs. However, instead of their fellow Cutie Mark Crusader coming down the steps, Sweetie Belle's older sister Rarity trotted towards them.

"Why hello girls." she greeted. "Are you looking for Sweetie Belle?"

"Yeah!" replied Applebloom. "Is she home?"

"I'm sorry girls, but she's at Sugarcube Corner getting some pastries for lunch. However, you two are welcome to stay in here away from the cold until she comes back."

"Ok!" said the two fillies in unison.

"How about you two sit right here while I go get you some hot chocolate. Would that be good?" Rarity asked.

"Oh that would be awesome!" said Scootaloo.

As Rarity left the room to get some cocoa, Scootaloo and Applebloom's eyes wandered around the room. They saw lots of wool coats and fluffy parkas of every color for the frosty season. There were hats and scarves and fluffy boots too. Something in paticular caught Scootaloo's eye. It was just a rainbow striped scarf, but the thing that Scootaloo loved about it was that the orange stripe was really fat compared to the other colors and also that it was the same color orange as her coat. It also kind of reminded her of Rainbow Dash's mane. Just that made her tear up. She slapped herself.

No, Scootaloo, stop thinking about Rainbow Dash.

Her thoughts were interrupted by Rarity's return with the hot chocolate.

"Here you go girls. Now-," Rarity started but was soon cut of by the sound of a door slamming open.

"Hey Rarity, I was wondering if you had that scarf that I asked for." Rainbow Dash said as she flew threw the door.

"Why of course I have it Rainbow Dash. I always get my orders done on time. Now you go sit by the girls while I get it for you."

Scootaloo's heart dropped to the bottom of her stomach. She did not want to face the shame her idol would bring her. She had to get out of there.

"ThanksforthehotchocolateRaritycomeonApplebloomletsgogetSweetiebellegottagobye!" she said as she bolted out the door, dragging Applebloom in her wake.

Rarity and Rainbow Dash just stood there and blinked. After a few minutes Rarity broke the silence.

"What was that all about?" she asked Rainbow Dash.

Rainbow Dash snapped out of her stupor and thought for a moment.

"I was helping train Scoots yesterday and when I told her that we had to stop she flipped out and ran away. I dunno why though. I think she's afraid to talk to me now cause she thinks I'll be mad or something." she replied. Inside, the sisterly gears in her head were turning.

I hope Scoots comes to talk to me soon. I don't want her to be like this forever, she thought.


When Scootaloo finally let go of Applebloom, they had reached Sugarcube Corner. She took a moment took smell the sweet aroma drifting threw the frosty air. Her moment of bliss was cut short when Applebloom slapped her across her muzzle.

"What in tarnation was that for!" she said angrily.

"Sorry Applebloom, I just had to get away from Rainbow Dash. I don't want her to be mad or anything." Scootaloo replied as they walked into the familiar bakery.

They looked around the room and soon spotted Sweetie Belle paying Pinkie pie at the counter.

"And here is your muffins and your change!" said Pinkie Pie.

"Thank you! This looks delicious!" replied Sweetie Belle.

"Hey! Sweetie Belle! Come over here!"

Sweetie Belle turned around and saw Applebloom and Scootaloo by the door waving at her to come over. She made her way threw the horde of ponies by the counter and stopped when she reached her friends.

"Hey! What are you guys doing here?" she asked them.

"We were lookin' ta find ya and Rarity told us that ya were here!" Applebloom replied.

"We wanted to know if you wanted to have a snowball fight!" said Scootaloo.

"That sounds like so much fun!" Sweetie Belle said, "But can we stop at Carousel Boutique first? I have to give Rarity her breakfast."

"Sure we can!" said Applebloom

Scootaloo's hopes sank. She still wasn't ready to face Rainbow Dash, and because Rarity was Rarity, she knew that any trip to Carousel Boutique takes a long time.

"Okay..." she said with uncertainty.


When the three young fillies got back to the boutique, the sounds of a door opening and two very familiar voices met their ears. When Scootaloo heard this, she jumped into a bush on the side of the road.

"Thanks again for the scarf Rarity, I really needed it." said Rainbow Dash

Scootaloo peered through the thick branches of the bush to see her idol wearing the same scarf that Scootaloo had liked in the boutique.

"Why it was no problem, darling. It does seem like it would get cold when one is flying around in these temperatures" said Rarity

"It's actually not as cold as you would think. Ya see-"

"Hey Rarity! I brought your muffins from Sugarcube Corner! And guess what? They're still warm!" Sweetie Belle called.

Sweetie Belle ran up the path to the entrance of Carousel Boutique and dropped the muffins at Rarity's hooves. She was just turning to leave when Rainbow Dash called to her.

"Hey Sweetie Belle!"

Sweetie Belle stopped and looked back.

"Yeah?"

"Have you seen squirt today? I was looking for her."

Sweetie Belle was about to reply that she had when a pair of orange hooves came out of a bush and made an X, as if they were telling her to say no.

"Uhh...No I haven't, sorry Rainbow Dash." she said confusedly.

Rainbow Dash looked a upset for a moment, before saying a quick "no problem kid" and zooming off.

Sweetie stared at the spot where Rainbow Dash had been, before shrugging and running back to her friends.


The 3 fillies ran until they reached the meadow. The snow was thick on the ground, and up in the sky it looked as though Ponyville would be expecting a blizzard soon. As Scootaloo looked around for her scooter, Applebloom and Sweetie Belle decided the rules of the snowball fight. Each filly would get a part of the field and would have 5 minutes to build a fort and gather ammo. You were out if you got hit. Last pony standing would win.

Scootaloo decided to take the area of the meadow by the lake as her territory. Applebloom took the area by the trees, and Sweetie Belle took the rocky part of the field. They all started building their forts immediately. After 5 minutes, the game begun.

Applebloom and Sweetie Belle shared a glance, then looked at Scootaloo.

"Ready, Aim, Fire!"

Scootaloo was pelted with snowballs from both sides, pushing her back towards the edge of the lake. She turned around and ran out onto the ice.

"Ha! you can't catch me!" she yelled back at them.

Crack

"Scootaloo! Look out!" yelled Applebloom.

Scootaloo felt the ice give way beneath her. She screamed as loud as she possibly could. As she fell into the freezing waters, she looked up just in time to see a rainbow streak pass by.

Author's Note:

Sorry this took so long. Hope you like it!!!!