• Published 17th Dec 2013
  • 511 Views, 1 Comments

Falling For The First Time - Closer-To-The-Sun



Pokey Pierce is needing some help in confessing his feelings to the first mare that ever caught his eye. Will Caramel's advice help or hinder the issue?

  • ...
4
 1
 511

Chapter 4: Fall Back Down

Chapter 4: Fall Back Down

Caramel climbed out of the window onto the roof of the barn with a saddlebag on his back. Carefully trotting on the wooden planks that made up the barn roof, he sat down next to his blue unicorn friend.

“Hey,” the tan colt spoke.

“Hey,” was the only thing Pokey said. He didn’t move his head to look at his friend. Instead, his eyes were fixed at the landscape before him.

“Did ya tell Rarity how you felt?”

Pokey replied with another short answer “Yeah.”

The tan pony edged on, “Do you want to talk about it?”

“No.”

With that answer, Caramel easily pieced together what might have happened. He knew better than trying to pester his friend about it. Instead, he opened up his saddlebag and pulled out six glass bottles of hard cider in a carrier. Taking one of the bottles, he offered it to the unicorn. The blue stallion took the bottle and opened it up while Caramel set the bottles carefully on the surface of the roof as he took one himself, opening it.

“You gonna be okay?” Caramel asked as he watched Pokey take a drink.

Pokey was silent.

“Can I say something about all of this?”

“I said I don’t want to talk about it,” the unicorn stated.

“You’re not talking about it. I am,” Caramel corrected.

Pokey quickly gave up and took another drink of his cider.

Caramel began, “I don’t know what happened between the two of you. Good, bad, whatever. All I can say is that you can’t stay fixated and depressed forever.”

The unicorn took another large drink from the bottle.

“I’m not saying move on and not think about it. Instead, I suggest you don’t forget to live your life,” the earth pony added.

Finishing the drink, Pokey threw the glass bottle off from the roof at a tree. A loud, shattering noise came from the impact. He picked up another bottle from the carrier and opened it.

“Life still moves on, with or without you,” Caramel finished as he took a drink from his bottle.

Pokey took a small drink of the newly opened cider. He continued to stare off out at the landscape in front of him. He finally spoke again, “It hurts.”

“It always does.”

“How long will it last?” he asked.

“It might not go away. You just gotta learn to live with it,” Caramel explained.

Pokey sighed in a defeated tone. He at in silence for a few moments before speaking, “Thanks, Caramel.”

The tan pony was puzzled, “For what?”

“Picking me back up after I fall flat on my flank,” Pokey gave a small smile to his friend.

“What are friends for?” Caramel smiled, “Now, Pinkie Pie is throwing a party later tonight. How about we go so you can get your mind on something different?”

“Sounds like something to help me back up again.”

END

Comments ( 1 )

Kind of bittersweet, but still very well done

Login or register to comment