• Published 17th Dec 2013
  • 511 Views, 1 Comments

Falling For The First Time - Closer-To-The-Sun



Pokey Pierce is needing some help in confessing his feelings to the first mare that ever caught his eye. Will Caramel's advice help or hinder the issue?

  • ...
4
 1
 511

Chapter 3: Just A Little Bit Of Your Soul

Chapter 3: Just A Little Bit Of Your Soul

“Huh?” Pokey asked in an almost panicky tone.

Rarity seemed apologetic for what she had just said. “I like you, Pokey, but only as a friend,” she explained.

A large and sorrowful sigh escaped from the blue stallion’s mouth as he stared at the floor, “Alright, I understand.”

“I really am sorry, Pokey. You are a wonderful stallion,” Rarity tried to comfort Pokey with her words.

“Heh, at least I got it off my chest,” the blue unicorn half-heartedly let out a chuckle, “At least that’s something, right?”

The mare gave a small smile as she looked towards Pokey, “It isn’t easy to bare your soul. And if I may be honest, you are stronger than I by doing that.”

Pokey looked up to Rarity, still struggling to keep a small smile, “I guess you’ve had some experience with what I just did.”

Closing her eyes and turning her expression into a blank one, Rarity spoke, “Yes and no. I would be lying if I said you were the first one to confess to me about your feelings. Many colts have always stated that they have had feelings for me and I had turned them all down. I honestly didn’t think much about it until just a short time ago. It wasn’t until I was on the other end of the confession did I realize how much it could hurt.”

“You’re feelings were rejected? By who?” Pokey questioned.

A small smirk appeared on Rarity’s lips as her eyes stayed shut, “That’s a secret.” Her expression turned back to what it was as she continued, “But when I spoke to him, it was as if I bore my entire soul to him. However, he said no. It wasn’t until that moment that I realize the pain a single pony can deliver to another with so much as a word.”

The stallion felt guilty just hearing her story, “I’m sorry to hear that.”

Rarity opened her eyes up again, “No, it’s okay. It made me a better pony, or that’s how I would like to see it. I’m sorry that I don’t share the same feelings for you, Pokey. I understand that it’s not easy to do what you just did, even if it’s just a little bit. I hope we can still be friends.”

Pokey smiled back, this time with no struggle or forcing of it, “I would really like to be.”

“I, again, apologize for this, Pokey. You really deserve better than this,” Rarity apologized yet again.

With a sad smirk, he replied, “It’s fine. I had to confess how I felt to the first mare I feel for sooner or later, right?”