• Published 15th Dec 2013
  • 1,039 Views, 92 Comments

A Fragment of Harmony - DiscordedWhovian



An alicorn foal appears in Twilight's library. Grown to teen years, she runs away, only to find that she may not be what she seems...

  • ...
4
 92
 1,039

Chapter IV: Dreams

Harmony galloped in, halting at the sight of so... much. It was like her senses were being overwhelmed with pure science fiction awesomeness. Then it hit her, hard. There was a great celestial conciousness in her mind, promising so much. She stumbled, shaking her head, and ignored the puzzled looks of Ditzy and the Doctor as they walked in. Ignoring the pressing weight in her mind, and really took in the inside of the TARDIS.

The room was circular, about twenty feet in diameter, and the ceiling was about thirty feet in the air, coming down to the floor in a domelike shape. There were support beams evenly spaced around the dome, almost looking like beige roots. Looking around, she realized that the whole room was colored in different varieties of tan and beige. There were green-blue circles of light between the supports, all the way from the floor to the ceiling. Stepping up one of the grated ramps to the center, she arrived at what seemed to be a central control panel. There were odd buttons and levers and screens all over the thing, which went in a full circle around what seemed to be the core. The core was a vertical tube, with many smaller tubes and wiring running through it. Leaning forward to examine the green glow emitting from the tube at the base, she accidentally bumped her nose on it, bouncing backwards with a slight static shock.

The Doctor shook his head, saying, "I must admit, the last time anyone touched her there, they flew all the way across the room. She must really, reeeeeeeeaaaally like you."

Harmony glanced quizzically at the pair of ponies. "Two things. She's a she, and she's alive???" She shook her head in wonder. "And here begins the life of surprises."

"Is she staying," Ditzy asked the Doctor, looking at him.

He tilted his head and rubbed his chin with a hoof thoughtfully. "Well, she can handle herself against a few Daleks just fine, but if I'm right, and I usually am with this sort of thing, they were scouts. They will have most definitely established a communication back to their commander, who would have instantly seen the girl as a threat, so... Yes, Ditzy, she has to stay with us. For her own protection." He ended on that note with a solid stamp of his hoof, the sound reverberating through the TARDIS and through Harmony's throbbing skull.

She swayed, almost falling. The Doctor looked at her with concern. "Are you alright? You seem to be having a bit of a... Balance problem," he said.

Harmony blinked several times, taking a wobbly step in the direction of the nearest door. She eventually got out, "Can't... Talk... Will... Fall... No." She staggered around in place, muttering the whole time. "Get out of my head, get out of my head, get out of my head..."

Ditzy stepped forward to steady her, only to meet a solid shield with her nose. "Put the shield down so we can help," she said, wincing, rubbing her now bruised muzzle.

"It's not her..." The Doctor quickly did a scan with his screwdriver, a blue glow coming from the end. Frowning, then gasping, his eyes going wide with the results, he exclaimed, "It's the TARDIS! She won't take the shield down!"

Meanwhile, Harmony was making the most pitiful (and adorable) squeaking whimper, staggering in a circle and almost falling. "Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..."

Upon the end of her squeal, she collapsed on the floor, out like a light.


"...psychic connection, causing her to...temporary coma..." Oh, that Doctor and his long explanations.

Wait, coma?

"...long will it last...wish I could help..." Ditzy. Always trying to be kind to her.

Harmony felt herself drifting off...
...
...
...

Standing tall, as a fully grown mare, Harmony heard the ticking of a clock. Turning, trying to find the noise, she saw behind her a giant, silver fob watch, with what looked like clockwork engraved upon it. Thinking it nothing special, save the fact that it was gigantic, she lit her horn.

She was inside the TARDIS, she could tell, but in a different room, a library of sorts. But... What kind of library has a swimming pool in it? Deciding to move to the next room, she walked forward, savoring the feel of a light and graceful mare's walk. Moving into the next room, she saw the guest bedroom, and her sleeping filly self hooked up to an IV. Shuddering at the thought of a needle, and at having an out-of-body experience, she continued walking. With no clear destination in mind, the TARDIS lead her nowhere.

But then, what a silly thought, that she could be lead anywhere by a machine. Right?

Her only companion being that constant ticking, she continued on to what looked like a bathroom. Unfortunately, instead of stepping into a bathroom, she was stepping into the main control room, staring right at the heart of the TARDIS. "No," she whispered. "This place hurts my head." Then she started moving forward against her will. Unable to stop, she unfurled her wings, flying to the top of the domed room to perch upon some unnoticed latticework.

Looking down on the room, she saw that the floor layout was shaped like clockwork, looking practically identical to the etching on the silver watch. As she had the thought, and much to her astonishment, the floor started to change into said fob watch, the TARDIS fading around her, so that she fell towards the watch.

Harmony gasped and sat up, now questioning the importance of a watch she had left at home.

Author's Note:

:3
*fangirls out*
*checks view count*
DABUCK ITS ALMOST 100!!!!!!!!!
*le gasp*