• Published 15th Dec 2013
  • 1,038 Views, 92 Comments

A Fragment of Harmony - DiscordedWhovian



An alicorn foal appears in Twilight's library. Grown to teen years, she runs away, only to find that she may not be what she seems...

  • ...
4
 92
 1,038

Chapter III: Madponies, Aliens, and a Blue Box

Harmony's pupils shrank in sudden terror as the strange metal beasts advanced, each pointing various appendages at her. She put up a shield, fearing ranged weapons, knowing that she could die right there.

Her fears were well-founded.

The creatures all blurted out the same word again, "-Exterminate!-" and fired blue lasers at her. She screamed, increasing the shield's strength. The lazers ricocheted, but the silver shield flickered and faded away. She looked around, frantic for any cover, any way to hide, anything at all. Scrambling into a small copse of trees, she remembered her wings.

As soon as she was on the other side, she shot up into the sky, nothing but a barely registered blip on the monsters' radar. A blip was all they needed, however, and they soon, much to Harmony's shock and despair, levitated themselves up to follow her through the clouds. Faster and faster she went, seemingly going forever, until she realized that they had turned around, approaching the same spot again. Exhausted to the bone, she crash landed in some bushes, fearing her imminent doom.

-WREEOP-WREEOP-WREEOP-WREEOP-

What the buck?

She slowly lifted herself off the ground and looked up, seeing the five creatures right in front of her but looking to their right. She jumped back, slowly extricating herself from the branches of the bush, and she was about to run away when she heard the sound of a wooden door creaking open.

The same thought crossed her mind again, and she turned back to see a little blue box with a flashing blue light on top, the words "Police Public Call Box" plastered along the sides. She blinked and rubbed her eyes, wanting this to be real so, very badly.

"Now, hold on just a minute! Just got to... get my screwdriver... like sho," called out a voice in an accent the very same as hers. "There, That'sh mufch more lihke it!"

Harmony stared in wide-eyed disbelief as a perfectly normal-looking chestnut stallion with a green tie trotted out of the box with a peculiar, yet oddly familiar, device in his mouth rather than his hoof. As he turned to look back, the monsters started to speak.

"Impos-"

The brown pony cut in, "Nofe, hold onf a minute!" He put the device in his cutie mark pocket. "Ditzy, are you coming or not?" A gray pegasus mare with a lemon mane and seven bubbles on her flank popped out, closing the door behind her.

She turned to the stallion, fixing him with a cross-eyed stare. "Doctor, you keep forgetting things all over the place! I had to shut down the bifluxium extrapolater again!"

Aghast at the situation playing out before her, Harmony interrupted their squabbling. "You two argue like a married couple!" She noticed Ditzy blush furiously. "Aren't you going to take care of these... these..."

"Daleks," the pony called Doctor supplied.

"Whatever, they were trying to kill me!"

"-Enough! There will be no more pointless talking-" the lead Dalek exclaimed. "-How did you get here? You should not be in this universe! It is under the supremacy of the Daleks!-" The Dalek put extra emphasis on the "Da-" part, as if trying to teach a foal it's name.

"No, no, no, that definitely can't be right. See, last time I checked, no one ruled here except the sister Princesses of this fair kingdom," the Doctor argued. "And believe me, we've been all over this universe, and this planet is the most advanced one so far, which means that you jumped through, or maybe fell through, like I did, an interdimensional rift to this place! Therefore, you're invading, and I have every right to protect this planet from you and any others there might be!"

Harmony stared in awe, opening and closing her mouth, unable to find the words to express the amazing-news of this pony. She stepped sideways, not realizing she was still in the bushes, and drew the attention on one of the Daleks.

"-Exterminate!-"

"No!" Both of the other ponies screamed as the Dalek aimed at her at point-blank range.

So, naturally, Harmony used the only real attack spell she had.

She shot the Dalek in the eye with a lazer of her own.


Harmony sat and looked upon the destruction she caused, at the five destroyed Daleks, and wondered why they died so easily. The Doctor was speechless, even several minutes after the event occurred. Judging by Ditzy's expression towards the Doctor, this never happened. Ever.

"So..." Harmony asked. "Where in Tartarus did you two show up from in that beauty of a blue box there?" Ditzy was about to answer when The Doctor blinked and shook his head to clear it.

"It's called a TARDIS, which stands for Time And Relative Dimension In Space. As to where we came from...Let's just say that I'm not from here, and Ditzy is from somewhere in the ponyverse, as I've come to call it." As Harmony opened her mouth to ask why, he said, "I mean that there are hundreds of different parallel universes in this dimension, all related to ponies. Through our travels, we hopped from universe to universe, and while Ditzy and I ran into several versions of ourselves, no paradoxes were caused, leading me to believe that the ponyverse is eternally broken."

Harmony thought about that for a moment. "I think I crashed into this thing," gesturing to the TARDIS, "yesterday. It's a lot stronger than it looks." A few moments later, she asked, "May I go inside?" The Doctor and Ditzy both nodded, grinning. Slightly suspicious, Harmony pushed open the door and peeked in.

"IT'S BIGGER ON THE INSIDE!!!"

Author's Note:

Doctor added.

And yes, I ship the Doctor and Ditzy Do. (Shhhhhhhh)