• Published 15th Dec 2013
  • 1,763 Views, 15 Comments

Nyx and the Night Ponies - Tebbzy7



Nyx finds out she is part of a prophecy.

  • ...
9
 15
 1,763

chapter 2

The next day Nyx woke around 4:00 am and couldn’t go back to sleep. So she decided to get some warm milk and honey. Rarity said it helped her sleep. On the way to the kitchen she passed the library and she heard Twilight’s and shooting star’s voices. So she looked through the partly open door. As she looked in she saw Twilight and Shooting Star sitting at the table and with a fairy pony from the day before. she sitting on the table.

Twilight was pacing “it is too soon for Nyx to go to the night ponies’ village.”

Shooting Star agreed “I know it is too soon but we should get her ready for it still the same.” Shooting Star picked up a folder and handed it to Twilight. “I think Archaic Knowledge is the best pony to teach her the ways of the Night Ponies.”

Looked at the folder “I like Archaic Knowledge she is very smart and would do well teaching Nyx.” Twilight said “but what will we tell Nyx so you wouldn’t be suspicious?” Twilight Worried.

Shooting Star Smile “we both know Nyx love to learn and I think it is time for Nyx to lean to use more of her Alicorn magic.”

“you’re right.” Twilight looked Worried. “I still don’t know about this prophecy.”

Shooting Star got up and walked over to Twilight. “I think they are up for the challenge.”

Twilight nodded “I hope your right. Well we should get breakfast.”

She put the folder down then looked at the fairy pony. “Casablanca Lily, inform Night bloom we agree upon Archaic Knowledge as a teacher for Nyx.”

With that the fairy pony got up and flew to the door. Nyx hurried to hide on one of the rooms nearby. She watched the Fairy Fly by and a little later she saw her mom and Shooting star walked off with the folders in their saddlebags. Then Nyx went back to her room and think over what she heard.

Later that day Nyx was sat at in the courtyard with Rose. “Rose, what could you tell me about the Night Ponies?”

Rose thought for a bit. “They live in the dark forest and they keep to themselves. That is all I think you should know.”

“Why is that” Nyx pleaded.

“Because I don’t think your mom would like me to tell you more.” Rosebud stood up. “I will be going now. Oh and we never talked about this. Ok?” she flew off

“You got it Rose.” Nyx said.

Nyx walked to the CMC Fort. And went up into a tower that out looked on Everfree and sit on a pillow tried to think of a pony that would know something and would tell her. “There is pinkie but she would pinkie promise, Rarity wouldn’t tell or AJ or RD. there is Fluttershy, but I don’t want to trouble her.” Nyx wracked her brain. “I would just have to confront my mom.” Nyx said to herself then she marched down to the dungeon and through the tunnel and right into the throne room.

Before Nyx could speak twilight said something “Nyx, I am glad you’re here. Later today a mare from a clan of Unicorns would come here and teach you some magic.”

“Is she from the Night ponies?” Nyx said expecting Twilight and Shooting Star to be surprised, but they just smile.

“That is right, they are amazing ponies.” Twilight Said with a big smile.

“But, But this morning when you were talking you acted like you were trying to hiding it from me and Rose told me that you don’t want her to tell me about them.” Nyx was very confused.

Twilight looked mad “young Filly you shouldn’t eavesdrop on other ponies’ conversations.”

Shooting Star Stop Twilight “Nyx what do you think we were hiding from you?”

“I don’t know but it has to do with Night Pony village and a prophecy.” Nyx said.

Twilight and Shooting Star laughed.

“Ok, let’s start with the prophecy, a filly born of darkness that chooses the path of the light and a corrupted light that shines bright once more will protect the tree of life.” Then Shooting star point at Nyx. “The night ponies and the high unicorns believe you are the filly born of Darkness that chooses the path of the light, and Crystal is the Corrupted light that shines bright once more.”

“We don’t want you to go to the Night Pony Village because things are not ready” Twilight walked over to her daughter and pulled Nyx next to her side. “Don’t worry you two will be going there soon.”

“Why was all of this a secret from me?”

Twilight thought it over “we didn’t keep it a secret, we just didn’t tell you. I am sure there are things that happen in your day you don’t tell us. We didn’t hide it nor did we tell anyone not to tell you.”

“I have question that been bothering me.”

“What is it sweetie?”

“When will you two get married?”

Twilight blushed and Puff of steam came for her heard.

Shooting Star laughed “did Cadance put you up to asking that?”

“No, I was wondering that. You two live together, spend long hour doing nothing but talking and flirting. Doesn’t it sound like your married?” Nyx pointed out.

Twilight then said “the relationship between two ponies could be difficult to understand.”

“What is so difficult to understand, do you love each other?” Nyx asked

Shooting Star put Nyx on the throne so they are at eye level. “There are different types of love ponies feel for each other. There is the type of love you feel for a family member or friend. There is the love to feel for something that give you enjoyment, then there is the love you feel for some pony that make it so you can’t imagine you life without them. We are not sure what type of love we feel for one another yet. Does that answered you question?”

Nyx nodded and hoped down. “So, you are saying that you love each other.” both Twilight and shooting Star blushed. And Nyx laughed as she run out of the room.

Shooting Star said “she is too smart for our own good.”

Twilight laughed and she looked up at Shooting Star. They both looked in each other in the eyes then looked away. “I have a dress fitting with Rarity.” with that Twilight run from the.

She entered the sewing room “I am so stupid, so stupid”

Rarity walked over “honey you are not stupid, you are Beautiful and smart”

“Oh Rarity, well you listen to what I have to say?”

Rarity agreed and Twilight shared all that just happen.

Rarity smiled “Twilight Dear, you are in love.”

“I know, I been fighting it because I didn’t want Cadance to be right. Earlier today Shooting star was reading a book on a cushion and he invited me to join him. I wanted to join him so bad.” Twilight confessed.

“Why didn’t you join him?”

“Because, he was messing with me.”

Rarity shook her head “I will never understand your relationship. I know one thing for sure; you two are crazy for each other.”

For the rest of the Fitting they talk about their plans for the Ball tomorrow. After they were done Twilight had dinner in her suite and then went to bed.